“great location”

Ranked #113 of 354 Hotels in San Antonio
Odessa, Texas
“great location”
Reviewed 22 August 2011

This is a newer marriott property and it is very very nice!! It is located downtown and about a block from the riverwalk and a short trolley ride to market square. The rooms are a bit small but that is very typical of downtown hotels. I loved the huge shower! The bathroom is very large! They also offer a pretty good breakfast. Valet parking is expensive but worth it and worth not the hassle of trying to look for a parking spot. The valet drivers are very nice and prompt. The man at the front desk in the morning shift, i think his name was David was very nice and gave me very good directions. I will stay here again next time I am in town!

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with friends
2 Thank stepgonz

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (141)
Reviewed 19 August 2011

Was at a convention in February of 2011 and was staying at the Grand Hyatt for that. Decided to stay a few extra days and picked the TownePlace Suites Downtown as the price was right. Got a top floor (6 floors I think) single room. When you walk in the door there is a nice little kitchen, followed by a living area that is right next to the bed. It's actually a little tight but then again a very good use of space. The washroom was nice but there is not tub, just a very wide shower - suited me just fine. I didn't take advantage of the fitness room but it looked nice. I did use the laundry facilities - no problem. I also used the pool, which was sort of located in courtyard / middle of the hotel. Small, and your surrounded by four tall walls - but it was still pretty good. This hotel is slightly...I mean slightly off the famous walkway (couple of minutes walk) - I'll gladly take that when this hotel is that much less expensive. I'd stay here again and recommend it.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank 7tocs7
Auckland
Reviewed 19 August 2011

Stayed here for 9 days for a conference in August 2011. Conveniently located for downtown events, well-equipt kitchen, clean rooms and public areas, friendly and helpful staff. Remember that in some areas with large Spanish-speaking populations, e.g., San Antonio, the H for hot and C for cold settings on showers and faucets can be reversed. C is for caliente (hot) in Spanish, the case in my suite. A Marriott property.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled on business
Houston,TX
Reviewed 15 August 2011

Everyone from the valet to the front desk was awesome! I can't say enough good things about this hotel. We loved having a kitchen for our family! Pool was great and my husband loved the work out room. Breakfast was your normal free hotel breakfast...but there were a lot of people during our stay so we ventured out the 2nd day for breakfast at Denny's. We were so happy that the hotel was walking distant to everything on the Riverwalk. We even walked to the Market.( a long walk..about seven or more blocks) but worth it to walk off all of the great food we ate. Yes there is a valet charge...but we only had to use it once..and the valet was super quick! We will stay again!

Room Tip: Great room...large in size. Loved the mini kitchen!
Reviewed 15 August 2011

I had a wonderful stay here at this hotel. The location was great and the service was excellent. I would definitely say here again.

• Stayed August 2011
Texas
Reviewed 9 August 2011

This hotel is wonderful! Stayed here for 6 nights for a little vacation with my family and the staff was great! Rooms just a little small, but not out of the ordinary for a downtown hotel.

The room had a nice kitchen which always comes in handy when you have kids. I was also impressed that there was FREE wi-fi!!

VERY clean hotel, great social hour and breakfast. Could not ask for a better value. I can not emphasize how CLEAN and nice this hotel is. Will stay again FOR SURE!!! :)

Amarillo, Texas
Reviewed 3 August 2011

My family and I stayed in your hotel this
past weekend to attend a triathlon event and the accomodations your
hotel provided were excellent.

The hotel is convienently located downtown. Only ten minutes away from
the race site, walking distance to St. Mary's Catholic Church, and
plenty of restaurants close by to walk to.

None of these compliments include the best part of all, the price. My
family was pleased with the price and the complimentary breakfast
included. Before booking our hotel stay I called many hotels in the
downtown area and yours provided the best rate for what we needed.

The valet men were incredible. Fast, efficient and friendly, the valet
drivers took very good care of us.

Thank you and the wonderful staff for its hospitality.