“Great value, great location.”

TownePlace Suites San Antonio Downtown
Ranked #123 of 357 Hotels in San Antonio
Reviewed 24 April 2014

This hotel exceeded my expectations. It is very handy to the Alamo (3 minutes walk) and to the riverwalk. Finding it was a bit of a challenge and you have to pull up on a sidestreet. Check in was efficient and the reception staff gave me the option of valet parking or parking myself and he explained the options. When I opted for valet parking and returned to the car it had been unloaded and I was ready to go. Breakfast was very good and staff friendly and helpful.
Checkout was seamless and the car delivered on time. I will certainly stay here again if I get back to this lovely city. The maps at the front desk were greatly appreciated.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Raymondocanuck
sattdgm, General Manager at TownePlace Suites San Antonio Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 27 May 2014

Thank you for staying at the Townplace Suites San Antonio. We are glad you enjoyed your stay.
If travel permits,come back to see us.

Reviewed 15 April 2014 via mobile

Firstly valet guy lied to us u can park accroas the street for 10bucks not $25...making out that I had no good alternatives although friendly but selling it to me. Staff could be a bit more talkative and friendly but did there jobs to an ok standard.
It's now 5am I can't sleep due to a hotel that can't provide a guest with water. This is my first experience and having to wake myself up clothe and walk downstairs is unacceptable. I was planning on rating it as a 5 shame but excellent value otherwise.

• Stayed: April 2014
1  Thank meadowbank123
sattdgm, General Manager at TownePlace Suites San Antonio Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 22 April 2014

Thank you for staying with us and I do apologize for the problem you occurred with parking. I have addressed the issue and do hope if travel permits, you will come back.

Reviewed 12 April 2014

Stayed here only for the one night but was very happy to choose this hotel. Staff were extremely nice and very helpful. The room I had was massive and very clean. The buffet breakfast which was included in the room price was fantastic! The location was just a short walk to the Alamo and River Walk. Wish I had of stayed longer.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Chez P
sattdgm, General Manager at TownePlace Suites San Antonio Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 14 April 2014

Thank you for your review on your most recent stay with Towneplace Downtown San Antonio. We do appreciate the time spent. If travel permits I do hope you come back to see us. Thanks Again

Reviewed 11 April 2014

My wife and I attended my son-in-law's graduation at Lackland AFB and decided to extend our stay to five days so we could explore San Antonio. The hotel location is just a couple minutes walk to the Riverwalk or the Alamo, the rooms were beautiful, the free breakfast was delicious and plentiful ... but it was the top notch staff who made our San Antonio trip perfect! Everyone was always patient and willing to assist with directions, recommendations and guidance. We chose to utilize valet parking (optional) and the valet staff proved an amazing resource. My compliments to Drew, Ray, Alex, Rodney, Hector, Rudy and the rest of the TownePlace staff for helping make our San Antonio adventure so memorable. The suites at this location are slightly smaller than other TownePlace locations, but space is at a premium in a downtown area like San Antonio so we fully expected that before arrival. Rooms were beautifully designed, spotlessly clean with comfortable beds.

Room Tip: Two comments to share. (1) There is a pool in the center atrium. If you want a room with a view, re...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for staying at the Towneplace Suites Downtown San Antonio. We are glad we staff provided great Service! If travel permits come back to see us.

Sincerely

Reviewed 9 April 2014

A great location with awesome service! From the front desk, to the breakfast staff to the great valet service, we couldn't have asked for a better experience! Everyone we encountered was friendly and ready to offer assistance. We especially appreciated the valet as we had car issues that required an extra level of attention. Drew was great and an asset to the hotel staff! I would not hesitate to recommend this hotel!

Room Tip: Corner room was surprisingly spacious!
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
sattdgm, General Manager at TownePlace Suites San Antonio Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2014

Thank you for staying At the Towneplace Suites Downtown San Antonio . We do appreciate your time and comments. I do hope whenever in San Antonio again. You come back to to see us.
Thank you again.

Reviewed 3 April 2014 via mobile

This hotel has a great location. It is within walking distance to the Alamo and Riverwalk. The trolley stops at hotel and for a small fee can take you all around town. The staff was awesome from valet to front desk to breakfast staff!! The room was fine - clean, modern, nice size. Breakfast options were plentiful.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
sattdgm, General Manager at TownePlace Suites San Antonio Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 8 April 2014

Thank you for your recent review on Trip Advisor,. We are glad you enjoyed your stay at Towneplace Suites Downtown San Antonio. Hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 30 March 2014

The location is really great. 5 min to The Alamo, 5 min to the River Walk. The staff was helpful and very friendly. The room was very clean and modern. A bit small though. And a bit noisy, because there was a noisy family next door with constantly screaming kids...
Overall, a good place to stay.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for the positive comments on yourr recent stay. It is truly appreciated. Come back to see us real soon.