“Great Hotel in an Excellent Spot” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of TownePlace Suites San Antonio Downtown

TownePlace Suites San Antonio Downtown
Ranked #104 of 353 Hotels in San Antonio
Munford, Alabama
“Great Hotel in an Excellent Spot”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 May 2014

I stayed at this hotel for a week while on business in San Antonio. They offered free breakfast and ordervies at night. It is in a really great location. Staying here, I was just a short walk to the Riverwalk, the Alamo Plaza, good restaurants and attractions. The staff was great and the rooms were nice and clean. The one thing I didn't like about this place is the parking but being downtown, parking is always diffictult.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Jody D
sattdgm, General Manager at TownePlace Suites San Antonio Downtown, responded to this review, 12 May 2014
Thank you for staying at the Towneplace Suites San Antonio. We do appreciate the time spent on your review. If travel permits I do hope your come back to see us.

Dee Rullo Siers

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (135)
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 April 2014

This is a Marriott located one block from the Alamo. It close enough to all the attractions with out the price of the river walk. I will not go over the hotel, since it was great, and all the other poster have gone over this ground. I will tell you the money savings tips:

1. Parking at the hotel is 25 bucks. If you park around the corner at the open lots, it is 10 dollars. It says no in/out, although a machine gives you a ticket to display and they have no idea if you left and came back, but we literally did not need our car, which brings me to my second point....

2. Across the street from the Alamo is the information center, you can buy the city's "trolley" pass for $4/day. It is a great deal and it will gets you around to all the major sights. Those "tour" trolleys are $25/day and in my opinion, not worth it.

3. THE BEST DEAL is the happy hour in the restaurant/bar on top of the Tower of Americas. If you go, just tell them you are going for happy hour, you can bring the kids, and it is free to go up! The appetizers and drinks are good....the view is spectacular! The tower is so high, you get to see San Antonio like you are in a plane....plus it spins 360 every hour so just sit and enjoy! This is a must do once or twice while you are there! Only caveat....if you are afraid of heights....skip this;)

4. Marriott website will give you lower prices if you include a non-peak day. Play around with it if you are staying for more than 2 days. Sometimes, I end up with a 2 day rez and a 1 day rez. Also, look for corporate codes...or join AAA or use your government rate to get great rates.

5. If you at all travel and stay in Marriott....join and sign up for their rewards promotions. I get several free days every year due to this.

I hope this helps......

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
8 Thank momdadsefi2010
sattdgm, General Manager at TownePlace Suites San Antonio Downtown, responded to this review, 27 May 2014
Thank you for staying at the Towneplace Suites San Antonio. We are glad you enjoyed your stay and found all of the great places in our Downtown Area!!

Saint John, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 April 2014

This hotel exceeded my expectations. It is very handy to the Alamo (3 minutes walk) and to the riverwalk. Finding it was a bit of a challenge and you have to pull up on a sidestreet. Check in was efficient and the reception staff gave me the option of valet parking or parking myself and he explained the options. When I opted for valet parking and returned to the car it had been unloaded and I was ready to go. Breakfast was very good and staff friendly and helpful.
Checkout was seamless and the car delivered on time. I will certainly stay here again if I get back to this lovely city. The maps at the front desk were greatly appreciated.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Raymondocanuck
Thank you for staying at the Townplace Suites San Antonio. We are glad you enjoyed your stay.
If travel permits,come back to see us.

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 April 2014 via mobile

Firstly valet guy lied to us u can park accroas the street for 10bucks not $25...making out that I had no good alternatives although friendly but selling it to me. Staff could be a bit more talkative and friendly but did there jobs to an ok standard.
It's now 5am I can't sleep due to a hotel that can't provide a guest with water. This is my first experience and having to wake myself up clothe and walk downstairs is unacceptable. I was planning on rating it as a 5 shame but excellent value otherwise.

• Stayed April 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank meadowbank123
sattdgm, General Manager at TownePlace Suites San Antonio Downtown, responded to this review, 22 April 2014
Thank you for staying with us and I do apologize for the problem you occurred with parking. I have addressed the issue and do hope if travel permits, you will come back.

Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 April 2014

Stayed here only for the one night but was very happy to choose this hotel. Staff were extremely nice and very helpful. The room I had was massive and very clean. The buffet breakfast which was included in the room price was fantastic! The location was just a short walk to the Alamo and River Walk. Wish I had of stayed longer.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Chez P
sattdgm, General Manager at TownePlace Suites San Antonio Downtown, responded to this review, 14 April 2014
Thank you for your review on your most recent stay with Towneplace Downtown San Antonio. We do appreciate the time spent. If travel permits I do hope you come back to see us. Thanks Again

Dayton Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 April 2014

My wife and I attended my son-in-law's graduation at Lackland AFB and decided to extend our stay to five days so we could explore San Antonio. The hotel location is just a couple minutes walk to the Riverwalk or the Alamo, the rooms were beautiful, the free breakfast was delicious and plentiful ... but it was the top notch staff who made our San Antonio trip perfect! Everyone was always patient and willing to assist with directions, recommendations and guidance. We chose to utilize valet parking (optional) and the valet staff proved an amazing resource. My compliments to Drew, Ray, Alex, Rodney, Hector, Rudy and the rest of the TownePlace staff for helping make our San Antonio adventure so memorable. The suites at this location are slightly smaller than other TownePlace locations, but space is at a premium in a downtown area like San Antonio so we fully expected that before arrival. Rooms were beautifully designed, spotlessly clean with comfortable beds.

Room Tip: Two comments to share. (1) There is a pool in the center atrium. If you want a room with a view, re...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for staying at the Towneplace Suites Downtown San Antonio. We are glad we staff provided great Service! If travel permits come back to see us.

Sincerely

Odessa, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 April 2014

A great location with awesome service! From the front desk, to the breakfast staff to the great valet service, we couldn't have asked for a better experience! Everyone we encountered was friendly and ready to offer assistance. We especially appreciated the valet as we had car issues that required an extra level of attention. Drew was great and an asset to the hotel staff! I would not hesitate to recommend this hotel!

Room Tip: Corner room was surprisingly spacious!
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
sattdgm, General Manager at TownePlace Suites San Antonio Downtown, responded to this review, 10 April 2014
Thank you for staying At the Towneplace Suites Downtown San Antonio . We do appreciate your time and comments. I do hope whenever in San Antonio again. You come back to to see us.
Thank you again.