I had the untimely experience of getting stuck in San Antonio with my spouse after a business trip, San Antonio not being the first place that comes to mind when spending time with a spouse for me, but I have to say that we took a chance on this brand new property and had the most incredible time.
A hotel stay is made of a few key elements and here is my opinion on them for this property:
Cleanliness: Without a question these people know what it means to make a guest feel that they care about the upkeep on this place. There was someone on our floor cleaning everyday during working business hours. There was a friendly employee in the lobby that seemed to love her job and meeting guests. It was just refreshing to see that this was not an area taken for granted.
Location: While not on what they locally refer to as “the loop”, this property is located on the Riverwalk and is just a step enough away to get some well needed peace and quiet from time to time.
Rooms: Fantastic!!! Every room is, again clean, arranged as a two-room suite, which is nice if you want to leave a loved one sleeping quietly in the bedroom as well as spacious in comparison to other properties.
Value: You will pay for parking $29, you will pay for internet $10, but you will not pay for breakfast (everyday) nor the evening reception (again everyday) and while there be cheaper locations in the area, the overall value is unmatched. Great room! Nice view. New property. Free food/drink.
Last but certainly not least in my book:
Service: Unmatched! The valets were polite, and speedy. The folks in breakfast were friendly and always looking to help. My true pleasure came in dealing with the front desk folk. I want to commend several of them; namely Katlyn who always greeted us with a smile, Tim who was both polite and professional, Madison who seemed to know more about San Antonio than I think anyone else on the property and then Ronnie who was introduced to us by Madison as her manager and I have to say this young man is a true professional. He was engaging, professional and personable. He took time to learn about us and the nature of our trip and sought out ways to make it better than it started. If this is the person who is training your team I commend his efforts, job well done. He made sure everyone knew our names and I felt that if we needed anything that he and his team would jump at the chance. The front desk served service like it was the blue plate special and they had to give out as much as they could before the day ended. I am sold.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Embassy Suites San Antonio Riverwalk – Downtown hotel is set on the banks of the San Antonio River in the vibrant heart of San Antonio, Texas. Grab a bargain at the Mexican Market or discover the rides and attractions of Six Flags® Fiesta Texas or SeaWorld® San Antonio. All guest suites at this beautiful San Antonio Riverwalk hotel offer more space and flexibility, with separate sleeping and living areas, and a wide range of thoughtful amenities. Relax with the two flat screen 32-inch TVs, or keep up with work at the flexible work space. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travel Republic (UK), Booking.com, Hilton Hotels Direct, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, Hotels.com, HotelsClick, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Embassy Suites by Hilton San Antonio Riverwalk-Downtown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Embassy Suites Riverwalk Hotel San Antonio
- Embassy Suites By Hilton San Antonio Riverwalk-Downtown Texas