Embassy Suites by Hilton San Antonio Riverwalk-Downtown
Ranked #15 of 358 Hotels in San Antonio
Reviewed 7 February 2012

You can't go wrong with an Embassy Suites. I stayed here while attending a training class. My husband was able to come with me and we were lucky to be able to stay on the Riverwalk. The hotel is right on the river, you can walk out and enjoy San Antonio's famous River Walk. The rooms were large, and beds were very soft. Free breakfast in the morning is great! Parking attendants were very helpful in telling you how to get places. Free managers reception in the evening is a huge plus. Highly recommend and would stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank biscuitandhanksmommy
There are newer reviews for Embassy Suites by Hilton San Antonio Riverwalk-Downtown

Reviewed 6 February 2012

Stayed at the Embassy Suites Riverwalk for 3 nights and would definitely stay there again if returning to San Antonio. The room was huge, clean and quiet. I was at the very end of the hall on the 14th floor and couldn't hear any of my neighbors. There was a large living room area that included: the sink, microwave, fridge, table, couch, and flat screen TV. It was such a nicely laid out space that made you feel at home and gave you some room to work and sit and not feel like you are constantly in your bedroom. Plus, I never heard the refrigerator making noise during the night because I was able to close the bedroom door. The bedroom was very large and had a small desk and another flat screen TV and ample drawer/closet space. The bathroom was clean, well lit and had a great walk in shower. The free breakfast at the hotel is wonderful. They have an excellent selection of hot, made to order food as well as cereals, bagels and fruit. Plus they have really good coffee which is rare at most complimentary breakfasts.

The front desk staff were extremely friendly and were very enthusiastic about helping with directions. A staff member even walked out of the hotel with me to show me where to pick up the trolley. After a few days in San Antonio, you may get tired of tex mex and BBQ so think about eating at Luke's, the restaurant attached to the hotel. It serves amazing German food. I had one of the best meals of my entire trip there. Wonderful spatzle and schnitzel.

The hotel is very convenient to all things San Antonio. The Riverwalk is right outside, Houston street has lovely shops and restaurants and leads you straight to the Alamo or to the Mercado depending in which way you go. Plus, you can hop on one of the city trolleys right outside of the hotel if you are tired from walking. Parking is the only downside to the hotel. Parking is always a bit pricey the closer you get to the Riverwalk, but you only have the option to valet park at the Embassy Suites. You do get in and out privileges and my car was always ready when I needed it and in great condition so no complaints there.

Overall, I really enjoyed my stay. It was comfortable, convenient, clean and relaxing. I would definitely suggest it to anyone headed to San Antonio.

3  Thank metrochica
Reviewed 3 February 2012

Only got to stay here one night. Wanted to come back a few days later on business but they were sold out. This is truly one of the nicest hotels anywhere. Rooms are beautiful and very quiet. This is a nearly new hotel. Service was excellent.

About the only drawback, and it is very minor, is that it's at the "end" of the Riverwalk. Would be a fairly long trek to the convention center. But for the quality, it would be worth it. Parking, like most all downtown San Antonio hotels, is expensive. Valet only in the garage. Surface parking across the street.

Also, try Luke restaurant next door. Excellent.

2  Thank JayDee3333
Reviewed 30 January 2012

This is a great hotel to stay at in San Antonio. Check-in was very smooth, and the front desk staff are warm and welcoming.

The room was very nice. We got a suite with two queen beds. The room was big, clean, and the beds were terrific. The coffee maker did not work well, however. It was also very cute.

I appreciated the Manager's Reception at night. The snacks at the reception are simple snacks like pretzels, chips, and gummi bears. The big draw for me was free drinks. That is always a plus.

The cooked-to-order breakfast went like this; What they cook to order are egg dishes and omelets. The omelets were actually very yummy, and were cooked well. The other thing is the hot breakfast buffet, and that was mediocre at best.

The big thing is that this hotel is within reasonable walking distance to the Riverwalk, as well as the Majestic and Empire theaters, the former of which we went to for the symphony that played the night we stayed here. The location is exceptionally convenient to all of that.

This, as I said, is a great new hotel, and a great place to stay in Downtown San Antonio

Room Tip: Don't spend money on a riverview room. It's not worth it.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank jameygamer
Reviewed 29 January 2012

The room was great and the location is perfect, but the service.....not so good. We went with another couple, so we had 2 rooms. One of the rooms was supposed to be river view, one not. This is what we were told on the phone the day before we checked in. When we got there, it was a whole different story. After we got to our room and discovered that neither room was river view (with a balcony), I went down to the lobby to get the problem fixed. As I stood in line for 30 minutes while the girls at the desk spent a great deal of time getting the guy in front of me the biggest balcony they could find on the river, I was told there were not river view rooms left.

The worst part is that this whole ordeal was the other couple had given us the room as a Christmas gift, and she wanted it to be so perfect. Not, and then on top of it, they billed our room to us instead of our friends. She was so upset about the room mix up, I didn't have the heart to tell her about the billing mix up. I guess she will find out when she gets her credit card bill.

We stay at embassy suites all the time when we travel, but I have never been treated like I was the ugly step child. Not happy with the service.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Deb78063
Reviewed 23 January 2012

For the price, this is your best bet on the riverwalk, hands down. The rooms are well appointed and spacious. I love having 2 rooms, 2 TV's, a refridgerator, and balcony! Also, the lobby is gorgeous and the employees are fantastic.

The free breakfast is amazing: fresh fruit, yogurt, cereal, bacon, eggs, hashbrowns, french toast, pancakes, sausage, oatmeal,a nd eggs and omelets cooked to order

Free managers reception is a great way to start your evening: margaritas, rum punch, beer, wine, and single liquors with mixers - plus chips and salsa, cheese cubes, fresh veggies and dip, fruit and pub snack mix.

You are steps away from anything and everything on the riverwalk and 2 blocks away from Walgreens, restaurants on the street level, and the Majestic Theater.

BOOK THIS HOTEL! You will be so happy!

1  Thank ramseyboy1
Reviewed 21 January 2012

I have stayed a several other Embassy Properties and this by far was the nicest. The furnishings were top notch you would have thought you were staying at a Four Seasons. The staff was helpful. Breakfast was great and staff was very attentive with cleaning and making sure everyone was satisfied. Used valet parking at the hotel and they were also super polite with offering help and directions. The hotel is steps away from the Riverwalk and a short walk to the Alamo. If in the San Antiono area again I will definately stay here.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled solo