I stayed here two nights in May, just before Memorial Weekend for a business conference. My wife tagged along to visit old friends who live in SA. The hotel itself is very nice. Top notch.
Our room was really great. Clean, comfortable, spacious. Shower has really good water pressure and the hot water is instant. Upon check-in, I uttered the same script I say at check in at every nice hotel, "can you upgrade me to a better room at no extra charge?" The front desk gal obliged and moved us to a "Riverwalk View" room, which had a small balcony and overlooked the Riverwalk below. Nice.
The happy hour and breakfast buffets were "ok". nothing to write home about but nothing to complain about either (except for the birds if you sit outside), especially when it's included free in the room price.
Location is unbeatable. Walk to everything you need, including the Market, Alamo, restaurants and shopping, and of course you're right on the Riverwalk for strolling.
The Internet worked as expected but even though I selected the faster speed would not play YouTube videos without stalling. Seems like if they are going offer a "faster" internet option (for $5 more), it should be at least as fast as a typical home cable connection. That said, as a "club" member, the internet is free, which I appreciate.
My main gripe was the $27 valet parking fee. Even the nicest hotels in Austin are $20. And the self-park option, which Im normally happy to do, is in an uncovered lot in the hot sun across the street.
What would have made my rating a 5?
1) Don't gouge on the valet parking.
2) "Make the "faster" internet truly fast.
3) Do something about those birds at the outside patio. Made dining out there unpleasant and we quickly abandoned the spot as we weren't look for an Alfred Hitchcock experience.
Those are minor things, I know, so my 4 is a strong 4.
Finally, if you are not a member of Hilton Honors, join before making your reservation. That gets you the free internet, morning paper, and some other perks.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Embassy Suites San Antonio Riverwalk – Downtown hotel is set on the banks of the San Antonio River in the vibrant heart of San Antonio, Texas. Grab a bargain at the Mexican Market or discover the rides and attractions of Six Flags® Fiesta Texas or SeaWorld® San Antonio. All guest suites at this beautiful San Antonio Riverwalk hotel offer more space and flexibility, with separate sleeping and living areas, and a wide range of thoughtful amenities. Relax with the two flat screen 32-inch TVs, or keep up with work at the flexible work space. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Hilton Hotels Direct, Odigeo, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Embassy Suites by Hilton San Antonio Riverwalk-Downtown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Embassy Suites Riverwalk Hotel San Antonio
- Embassy Suites By Hilton San Antonio Riverwalk-Downtown Texas