Embassy Suites by Hilton San Antonio Riverwalk-Downtown
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Pool
Hotel Valencia Riverwalk(San Antonio)
  • Restaurant
  • Breakfast included
Omni La Mansion del Rio(San Antonio)
  • Restaurant
2,254 results
All reviewsevening receptionthe river walkluke restaurantmade to order omeletscorner suitecocktail hourvalet parkingfree happy hourshort walkseparate bedroomsan antonio riverwalkfree drinkscomplimentary breakfastbeautiful hotelliving areavalet servicefront desk staff
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 1 March 2013

Very nice hotel, we had a suite near the top, and a great view of the river (of course, some rooms face away from the river). Very clean, very well appointed. Cooked-to-order omelet along with a breakfast buffet, very nicely done. My wife and I generally skip the “free breakfast” for a real restaurant, but we were here several nights, and after trying the free breakfast one morning, that was our “go to” place.

It is not a cheap hotel (our room $230 or so per night, valet-only parking runs $27/night; internet is $10/night), but it is very nice place to stay.

We had room service for dinner two nights, and both nights it was well above average as room service tends to go: timely, hot, accurate, and the food was really quite good.

Only one complaint: the housekeeping is not up to the price of the place. I had to call to get coffee one day, the wastebaskets were not emptied, wash cloths left on the floor of the shower, used paper cups not discarded, etc. I suspect it was just the person doing our room, as everything else about the hotel was very well done.

Room Tip: Ask for a river view room, on a higher level (say, 10th floor or higher).
1  Thank KeldiKlutz
Reviewed 25 February 2013

We really like this hotel's location. It is almost, but not quite, right in the thick of things on the Riverwalk. That means you can easily walk along the Riverwalk to the area with lots of restaurants (and their crowds and noise) and then return to the relative quiet of the hotel. It is also very easy to drive in/out of downtown from here. The valet parking is $26/day, which was cheaper for us than the $15/day parking lot across the street because we needed to be in and out. It's a newer property and everything is still fresh. The bed was comfortable, except that the coverlet is a big, lumpy thing. I could probably have asked for a less heavy cover, but I didn't realize I wanted one until I was already in bed. I can't give the breakfast food a high rating, but it was there for the eating, and the dining area is pleasant.

Room Tip: There are rooms with balconies on the Riverwalk, but we did not reserve in time to get one. Like in all Embassy Suites, there are actually two separate rooms, a bedroom and a sitting room, with a closeable door between them. They also have some two-bedroom suites, which share the sitting room, which would be ideal for a family.
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank onecentworth
Reviewed 23 February 2013

We travel to San Antonio 3-4 times a year and Embassy Suites Riverwalk is our favorite place to stay. Service, cleanliness and amenities at this hotel are all top notch. Staff are very friendly and attentive. Proximity to Riverwalk and downtown is a plus, parking is easy. Rooms (suites) are clean, roomy and comfortable.

Room Tip: Corner suites with floor-to-ceiling views are well worth the upgrade!
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank mjsdad1995
Reviewed 21 February 2013

We chose this hotel because we like Embassy Suites and it was near the Riverwalk, and we were so glad that we did. Our room, and the bathroom as well, was quite spacious. We didn’t have a view of the river, so it overlooked the atrium. The door opened onto a hallway, which is different from the usual Embassy Suites set up. The choices for the free breakfast were very extensive. There were hot and cold buffet stations with cereals, fruit, muffins, scrambled eggs, sausage, potatoes, pancakes, French toast, etc., as well as the usual cooked to order omelets. The hotel was very crowded during our stay, but there was plenty of seating for everyone. The evening Manager’s Reception also had plenty of options, such as vegetables and dips, fresh fruit, mini sandwiches, cookies, candies, pretzels, and trail mix. The Alamo, Hemisfair Park, the Mercado, and San Fernando Cathedral were in walking distance. The Riverwalk was accessed by walking down some steps right by the hotel. The one big negative to this hotel, is that there is no self parking and valet costs $27 plus tax a night.

1  Thank Saluga
Reviewed 20 February 2013

For Valentines Day I took the other half to the Riverwalk. I booked ahead and found a decent deal for a King Suite. It really was a great room, this is a pretty high class hotel, and the service was excellent. Everyone was so friendly and willing to help us and I'm sure they were all a little bummed that they were working on the romantic holiday. The ONLY issue that I had there was when I tried to surprise my love with a couple of glasses of wine and chocolate covered strawberries...that I'll cover later.

When we arrived we were met by valet and they got a cart to help with luggage and were very efficient with the process. We went to check in and realized that it was happy hour at the bar. The "Manager's Reception" is a nice touch and it's something you don't get at a cheaper motel style place. This room was twice the price of a motel but it was so much nicer, the location was absolutely perfect, and they had both free bar service in the lobby and free breakfast (during certain hours). At this point I was happy I paid the premium for staying on the riverwalk at a nice place.

While I was checking in, the other half was "pre-gaming" at the bar with free drinks. I decided to order two glasses of wine and strawberries and have them sent to the room. The wine was reasonable per glass and the strawberries were not on the menu but they said they had them so I didn't think it would be much for half a dozen. Once we finished drinking a few cocktails (ok, three drinks each) we decided to make our way up to the room. I was surprised that our luggage had not arrived and as I said "where the F is our luggage" there was a knock on the door. Of course he heard me and we started laughing about it.

As we got ready for our night out there was a phonecall, since I was in the bathroom she answered and she said "They're out of the wine".... surprise ruined. Not their fault completely, but if they would have just had the dang wine, it would be a surprise. I told her to tell them to get a couple glasses of champagne. When it arrived, it was two roses (not ordered but probably part of the vday thing), strawberries, and a bottle of champagne. We each had a half a glass... The bill was over half the price of the room. I know, I know, "don't talk prices" but seriously it was ridiculously high priced room and bar service. I wasn't happy but whatever.

The breakfast was ok. They were out of OJ and when asked, they didn't replace it fast enough for me to enjoy it but otherwise, they had everything else that was on the menu. Rather than eat there, I suggest Lulu's which is less than a mile away. HUGE Cinnamon roll... I'll review them too.

Room Tip: All the rooms are decent but ask about the views