There is something that we experienced that I have not seen mentioned in any reviews and I am sure this is not a rare event. Maybe people do not look around as we did when we were walking. San Antonio apparently has a big homeless substance abuse issue. The Embassy is actually on a branch of the Riverwalk that is not populated with a lot of businesses. It is a very nice park like setting except for all the homeless on the benches. We were there for 5 nights and not a day went by that we did not experience this. There were people sleeping on the benches. There were people actually along the Riverwalk using drugs and consuming alcohol and they were apparently already intoxicated and it was apparent they had not bathed in a long time. On one occasion a drunkard blocked our path and we had difficulty getting around him and he was very verbal and insulting on our way back we requested that a police officer escort us which he did and lo and behold another man with his beer in hand started saying craziness to us with the officer present. He threatened him with arrest and he left the Riverwalk. There are police officers on bicycles that patrol the area and they run these lack luster citizens off but as soon as the officers leave they congregate back like cockroaches. The homeless also wait around the outdoor restaurants and when people leave their tables they sit down and eat the leftovers until the restaurant employees run them off.The only difficulty we had with the actual hotel was not enough coffee supplies for our room and check out was difficult bill not accurate and they only had one person doing valet and bell service and he was very busy retrieving cars. Poor management not the employees fault.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Embassy Suites San Antonio Riverwalk – Downtown hotel is set on the banks of the San Antonio River in the vibrant heart of San Antonio, Texas. Grab a bargain at the Mexican Market or discover the rides and attractions of Six Flags® Fiesta Texas or SeaWorld® San Antonio. All guest suites at this beautiful San Antonio Riverwalk hotel offer more space and flexibility, with separate sleeping and living areas, and a wide range of thoughtful amenities. Relax with the two flat screen 32-inch TVs, or keep up with work at the flexible work space. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travel Republic (UK), Ebookers, Expedia, Hilton Hotels Direct, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and Hotel.de so you can book your Embassy Suites by Hilton San Antonio Riverwalk-Downtown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Embassy Suites Riverwalk Hotel San Antonio
- Embassy Suites By Hilton San Antonio Riverwalk-Downtown Texas