Ok, I will try to keep it short and sweet. Location is good, hotel is nice. The only gripe with cleanliness of my room is that the carpet was not vacuumed before I checked into the room. There was a lot of large size debris all over the carpet. Otherwise the room was clean, but it makes you wonder how does the vacuuming get missed?
The biggest upset overall is another story. My stay was booked with Hilton Honors points. When I arrived I was asked for my credit card for "incidentals". Never once was I advised that I will need to pay for anything other then that. I checked out and as I was looking my credit card statement a few weeks later I noticed a 232 dollar charge by the hotel. I called immediately to resolve the issue and through talking with the accounting department I was advised that one of my nights were not covered with the Hilton Honors points and that my card was charged for it. I never agreed to this charge so I asked how to resolve the issue. I was directed to the front office manager Diana. I left a message with my reservation number, phone number and problem. Seven days passed and I did not get a call back that would help me resolve my problem. I called again but the phone would only go to the voicemail. I left another message requesting a call back with no result at all.
So apparently, my conclusion is that the management/ staff charges you for services without authorization/ notification. Be careful providing your credit card. And also, once you leave the hotel don't try to call and ask for help with any matters because it will fall on deaf ears. It all shows lack of regard for a respectable customer.
I had to voice this out in the open because this type of mistreatment is not common in this country and this business is not worthy of consumers confidence because of their blatant disregard for requests for assistance.
I had to go through the Hilton Honors program to remedy this problem. The hotel did not contribute the slightest effort to help me out with the unauthorized charge to my card. Not even a simple call back from two voicemails to Diana - Front Office Manager.
This review is written about two weeks after I left the second message.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Embassy Suites San Antonio Riverwalk – Downtown hotel is set on the banks of the San Antonio River in the vibrant heart of San Antonio, Texas. Grab a bargain at the Mexican Market or discover the rides and attractions of Six Flags® Fiesta Texas or SeaWorld® San Antonio. All guest suites at this beautiful San Antonio Riverwalk hotel offer more space and flexibility, with separate sleeping and living areas, and a wide range of thoughtful amenities. Relax with the two flat screen 32-inch TVs, or keep up with work at the flexible work space. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hilton Hotels Direct, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelsClick, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Embassy Suites by Hilton San Antonio Riverwalk-Downtown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Embassy Suites Riverwalk Hotel San Antonio
- Embassy Suites By Hilton San Antonio Riverwalk-Downtown Texas