“Not to be overlooked”

Embassy Suites by Hilton San Antonio Riverwalk-Downtown
Ranked #18 of 357 Hotels in San Antonio
Reviewed 30 July 2014

We were a bit apprehensive on arrival due to some bad reviews about front desk staff. Our concerns were unfounded, we were greeted by a pleasant and helpful staff member. In fact all staff we came into contact with could not have been more pleasant and helpful.

The room was spacious, modern, clean and above all else comfortable. The king size bed was a pleasure to sleep in. There was a noise coming from the roof space above the bathroom the first night that my wife described as a braying donkey. When staff were notified about this it was looked into and rectified for a quiet and restful second nights sleep.

Breakfast was terrific and the evening free happy hour a pleasant surprise extra.

We would definitely return to this property in the future and highly recommend it.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Rlitt
Write a ReviewReviews (2,193)

Reviewed 30 July 2014

This is my first stay at an Embassy Suites, traveling for business typically stay at Hilton Hotel properties. The hotel is fine for pleasure travel and families. Decor a little dated in the rooms. The wifi is the ABSOLUTE WORST!!!! I contacted guest services several times and they basically talked to me like I was an idiot, actually asked me to bring them my devices so they could troubleshoot. I stay at other Hilton properties at least 3-4 times per month and have never had this issue. Needless to say I will go back to the Hilton Palacio del Rio my next trip back to San Antonio.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank arochelle907
Reviewed 29 July 2014

I've just got done filling out a survey about how I'm unsatisfied with this hotel. My complaint is too long to fill this review. Trust me, I wouldn't recommend this hotel. Long complain short the manager was rude and never apologize for their mistake of overcharging which I've found out from calling the bank the same day, as a costumer I shouldn't have to tell them what they are doing wrong when a computer is in front of them as they should have seen one night was already prepaid which I was double charged and they are thieves as staff members. Don't they have cameras in the conference room. The manager didn't want to deal with the issue.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Bobby M
Joe M, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton San Antonio Riverwalk-Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2014

Thank you for the feedback regarding your recent stay experience at the hotel. I certainly apologize for the challenges that you encountered during your stay as this is not the experience we wish to create for our guests. A member of our management team will be reaching out to you to further discuss your stay at the property.

Joe Melton

Reviewed 29 July 2014

Its not to bad. Just that its not what you will think for the price you will pay. The rooms are wonderful which if you need a rest is a prefect place. Pool is small. Dinner in the meeting or party room is not worth of what a plate will cost.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Thank you for the feedback regarding your recent stay experience. While I am happy you found that many of the aspects of your stay exceeded your expectations I am sorry that you were disappointed with the value that the stay offered. With our two-room suites, full made to order breakfast and evening reception most feel that we present a great value for both the business and leisure guest. I hope that should your travels bring you back to San Antonio that you will give us another opportunity to exceed your expectations.

Joe Melton

Reviewed 28 July 2014

Pros:
-spacious room, good size suite
-nice location
-affordable coin laundry
-clean and well maintained pool

Cons:
-breakfast is an assembly line--taste like powdered eggs--same food for five straight days
-housekeeping just couldn't get it right--we would go out for whole morning and call downstairs to let them know we'd be out, and still would come back to an unmade room
-staff have a little bite to them, not as friendly as other reviewers
-room price was high for the above not to be sorted out.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Tbird4495
Reviewed 28 July 2014

Hotel was beautiful. Staff was friendly and pleasant. The breakfast buffet was amazing. The variety of food sure to satisfy each member of my family. Location was perfect, the RiverWalk just outside. Would definitely stay here again if returning to San Antonio.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Gina D
Reviewed 26 July 2014

My best friend and I chose San Antonio for a girls weekend. I did a lot of research before booking and was not disappointed! We arrived on a Wednesday night and Sue (? Suzie? Sorry!) checked us in and gave us some great tips on where to eat and what to see. She was phenomenal and made great recommendations throughout our trip! The hotel was really nice. The room was clean and spacious, a mini-suite with a small kitchen-ish area (sink, mini-fridge), a desk, couch, and chairs. The furniture was a little older/warn, but overall in good enough condition, with a very classic look. The bathroom was lovely (marble sink area, big enough for two ladies and their stuff!) and the bedroom had two double beds (again with enough room for our stuff). The best part of our stay was the complementary, nightly happy hour!! I cannot say enough about how much fun it was to be able to have a few drinks and snacks before heading out on the town. The bartenders were friendly, the drinks were great, and the snacks were plentiful. That and the breakfast buffet made this hotel the best bet on the block! We were able to minimize our cost by getting up for breakfast, then heading out around town or to the pool, getting showered/dressed, hitting the happy hour and heading out for the evening without spending any money (other than tips). It was great. I can't say enough about how enjoyable our stay was! The pool area is a bit small (pool is only a few feet deep and not very large) and the sun was only on the pool for the early part of the day, but it was sufficient for our purposes and had a bar if/when we got thirsty :) The location was in walking distance of most things you'd want to see/do and the trolley was easy enough to navigate for attractions in the vicinity. You won't regret staying here!! Would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends