“What an amazing place!”

Staybridge Suites Stone Oak
Ranked #181 of 357 Hotels in San Antonio
Reviewed 14 November 2012

Our family of 4 (children are 6 and 2) is staying at the hotel for 4 months. Before we moved in we were given a tour of the 2 bedroom room we were going to stay in, and a tour of the hotel's amenities. We chose the hotel because the walls are made of concrete and we didn't want to have any noise complaints when our children are loud (as they will be sometimes). The hotel was able to accommodate our budget, our spacing needs, also they serve a HUGE continental breakfast and provide dinner 3 nights a week. We are so pleased to be staying in a hotel where all of the employees are so kind. They have switched out our mattress, as the first was too firm,they put a DVD player in the game room so the children could enjoy a movie on the huge screen, and they broke open our safe deposit box free of charge when we lost the key. We do our laundry for free. We enjoy the pool and the fitness room. We enjoy the 10,000 sq ft patio where we can use the gas grills and play games. Most of all we enjoy the friendly environment.

Room Tip: They provide tours of the rooms so you can chose a room that fits your exact needs. Before we had th...
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business

Reviewed 7 November 2012 via mobile

Staff are super nice! Room was very clean. The staff was very knowledgeable and made this a great stay. I was here on business and did not have a vehicle, they arranged to have good delivered one night and two nights provided a shuttle for our small group to go out to eat.

• Stayed: November 2012
Reviewed 26 September 2012

I stayed at Staybridge Suites Stone Oak for 60 days, so I feel like I had the full experience of this place.

Up front: This is a clean, quiet, well maintained, clean and friendly hotel. Each studio has a small kitchen with a full size fridge, the bed is large and comftorable, and the room is spacious. Staff is friendly and helpful, and overall the experience was great.

There is a complimentary breakfast every morning, and it's much more than the average pastries and coffee, and every Tue, Wed and Thurs they have a social hour, which involves a small dinner and free beer and wine. Again: FREE BEER AND WINE.

The facilitiy itself is off of the frontage road of the 1604 and the 281, so it's quick access to and from anywhere really, and the front desk helped me figure out places to go, and things to do.

I highly recommend this place for extended stays and buisness.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank David10101
Reviewed 27 August 2012

I was on a one night business trip to the Texas Hill Country and decided to stay at the Staybridge on Loop 1604 because it was relatively close to the airport and on my way to the Hill Country. The young lady at the front desk was exceptionally pleasant, which is always welcome after a day of flying. The room was clean and quiet, and very spacious. The bed was comfortable as well. There was a lot of major road construction in the area so traffic was challenging, but with a good GPS I was able to bypass most of the mess. There are plenty of restaurants in the area. I really liked the fitness center. It was spacious and all of the equipment was clean and in good working order. I plan to return to this Staybridge on my next visit.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 30 July 2012

Stay was short and comments here pertain only to the facilities. Wish I'd had time to use the pool - it was well designed and patio very neat/clean. The studio room was spacious, great kitchen and living room lay out. Best of all, not far from airport at all.

Staff were generally courteous, other than the people serving breakfast who seemed in dire need of a caffeine wake-me up. Other downside was construction around the property, which no doubt should disappear soon enough. Would probably stay again, and hope not to be disappointed.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 24 July 2012

I stayed here June 23,2012 to July 20, 2012...almost a month. I travel for a living AND work nights. Housekeeping was FANTASTIC on accomodating my schedule. Beautiful property. Back patio and pool are probably the nicest Ive seen. Cushioned open air seating with fire pit. Covered pagoda style seating with BBQ grills.
Clean, comfortable and ALL staff were friendly and courteous. I particularly want to call out the Director of Sales Lynette Deihl. I travel with a group and she was particularly helpful in securing our accomodations. The most surprising aspect came when I casually mentioned to her that my group would be moving on to our next city. The next morning in my email I had a list of Staybridge Suites in the area we were travelling to, specific room types for my groups needs, prices and short reviews. Her email closed with "Let me know..and I will make the arrangements". WOW!
If your travelling to the Stone Oak area in San Antonio as a group, an individual, or a couple, I HIGHLY reccomend this hotel and Lynette. Awesome customer service.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 22 July 2012

I stayed here August 13 thru August 16. There is terrible construction all around the area, and it is incredibly difficult to maneuver through the mess. The only helpful employee at this Staybridge Suites was Valerie. The rest were rude and unhelpful. I was so disappointed in this Staybridge Suites. First of all it's not in a good location as I mentioned due to the construction everywhere. Then there is no cleaning service on the weekend unless you specifically request the "light touch" cleaning. What a joke that was. I requested it, and all she did was take the trash out and put new towels in. She didn't do anything else, and the kitchen was not touched . There was mess all over the countertops. Then the staff is overall rude. My room was right by the pool, and it was so noisy. Kids were out there screaming until after 10 pm and I called the front desk 3 times, and they still did nothing. The woman in the breakfast room was rude as were the other front desk employees. I will never return to this Staybridge Suites EVER. I am appalled at the low level of customer service they provided except for Valerie. Even the owner seemed a bit unconcerned about my issues.

Room Tip: don't choose rooms by the pool
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank SusanD145
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Staybridge Suites Stone Oak, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2012

Dear Susan D,

Thank you for taking the time to relay your comments regarding our property during your recent stay. I am sorry you had a difficult time getting to our hotel due to the construction in the area. Please accept my sincere apologies for any inconvenience you experienced during your stay. Your comments regarding housekeeping and the staff are very troubling, this will certainly be looked into.

Again, thank you for staying with us and taking the time to give feedback. We hope that you give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Connie D