“EXCELLENT customer service, GREAT hotel, Great stay!!! AMAZING FOR ANY PRICE!”

Staybridge Suites Stone Oak
Ranked #170 of 356 Hotels in San Antonio
San Antonio, Texas
“EXCELLENT customer service, GREAT hotel, Great stay!!! AMAZING FOR ANY PRICE!”
Reviewed 27 June 2014

We had visited about 4 hotels and did an actual walk through of each hotel room we wanted to look at prior to deciding to go with Staybridge Suites Stone Oak. We truly wish we had come here first. Other hotels had big names and big prices to go with it. However, none of them could compare with the great rooms, and EXCELLENT customer service that we experienced at Staybridge Suites. The rooms were immaculate, and had an attractive modern décor and stainless steel appliances in the kitchenette. The room size was comparable to hotels that cost hundreds more for the same stay and the actual room we stayed (especially the bathroom) was spotless!! The hotel offered free breakfast, Wi-Fi, and an evening meal service. The exercise room was actually impressive for a hotel with everything needed to get a good work out in. Did we mention the hotel had available basement parking and a rear parking area with gated access? (EXCELLENT) The hotel also offered a self service laundry room with free washers and dryers (which was a pleasant surprise). The outside pool / patio area was reminiscent of a resort hotel. In fact it was better than a big name resort hotel we had visited prior.

However, the one thing that sold us on choosing this hotel chain and the main reason we will return to this hotel when we are in the San Antonio area and specifically look for this hotel chain anytime we vacation from now on is the GREAT customer service. The front desk personnel were extremely professional, polite, and pleasant to talk to. In particular Hanna was probably the most personable and pleasant customer service representative we've ever encountered in a hotel. Top notch all the way!!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Duncan, South Carolina
Reviewed 29 May 2014 via mobile

The hotel is very convenient to anything in north San Antonio, including restaurants near 281 and 1604 intersection. The property was nice but I had a couple of issues. One of the managers did try to resolve them. Also, the work out room was nice for a hotel of this type. The breakfast options were good, as they did have some healthy selections.

Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Staybridge Suites Stone Oak, responded to this review, 17 June 2014
Dear FowlerBuzz,

Thank you for choosing us and taking the time to review our hotel. I am very delighted that we were able to satisfy most of your needs, particularly with our breakfast selection and convenient location.

While I am pleased that our managers tried to attend to your issues, I sincerely apologize for the shortfalls. Your satisfaction is of utmost concern to us as we always strive to make your experience a great one. I have shared your comments with our hotel management for review and consider taking appropriate actions to improve on our service.

Once again, thank you for staying and I hope we have another chance to host you again on your next visit to the area.

Faith R
Case Manager
IHGCare
San Antonio
Reviewed 15 March 2014

The sales contact at Staybridge, Annette, surpassed all of my expectations and so did the hotel. I wanted to make sure I had the best place for my mom and dad to stay so I visited several extended stay hotels in the Stone Oak area before choosing Staybridge. When I saw the lovely reception area and rooms, it was a no-brainer that Staybridge would be the best value. My folks came in from Iowa to thaw out in our Texas weather mid-February, 2014, and had a wonderful stay. Everyone we contacted surpassed our expectations in meeting our needs and friendly. For example, the front staff struck up a conversation about my San Antonio Rampage sweatshirt and enjoyed chatting. The room was spacious, wonderful, and met my parents' needs beautifully.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank SAtravelerSanAntonio
Albert E, Social Media rep at Staybridge Suites Stone Oak, responded to this review, 25 March 2014
Thank you for your recent review. We are pleased that our hotel and its amenities surpassed your expectations. We also are glad to hear our staff made it even more exceptional. We look forward to your future stays.
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 10 March 2014

This hotel chain is one of the best!!! As an IHG member I must say my stay at the Stone Oak location this past weekend was simply amazing!! Me and my family stayed in one of the 2 bdrm suites... it was actually enough room for our children to stretch out and move around.... When we got up to the room we immediately noticed how inviting and clean everything was.....The rooms looked just like they did on the photos.....The staff was very attentive to our needs.... Everyone was super friendly... from the driver, to the front desk staff, to the kitchen crew.... Breakfast was great and fresh every morning....Everything was very convenient... There are tons of resturaunts right across the highway to choose from, as well as a Wal-Mart and H-E-B... The Natural Bridge Wildlife Ranch was only about 20-25 minutes away... and Sea World was about 20 minutes away..... I'm usually not good with names but three of the representatives at this location made sure that my stay went exactly as I imagined it to be.. which was Jason, Hanna, & Amanda. All of you guys were AWESOME.. and because of you I know exactly where me and my family will be staying whenever we're in the San Antonio area!! Best Staybridge location in the San Antonio area!!!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank A W
Albert E, Social Media Rep at Staybridge Suites Stone Oak, responded to this review, 25 March 2014
Thank you for your recent review and thank you for being an IHG reward member. We are pleased that our hotel and amenities surpassed your expectations and your family enjoyed their stay. We also are glad to hear our staff made it even more exceptional. We look forward to your future stays.
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed 17 February 2014

My husband surprised me for Valentine's Day and rented us a very nice suite. The décor was very pretty, the room was large with a full size sofa, chaise, full size desk, full mini kitchen, large flat screen TV, and IPod docking station. We came in late from a night out, and the person at the front desk was very friendly. My husband asked for ice, and he did get us a large bag of crushed ice. This property is on a nice side of town, very safe and quiet. Very convenient location, It is close to several restaurants and a large shopping area as well.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank angie O
Thank you for your recent review regarding your holiday visit. We are pleased that our hotel and amenities surpassed your expectations and you and your spouse enjoyed your stay. We also are glad to hear our staff was attentive to your needs and made it even more exceptional. We look forward to your future stays.
Austin, Texas
Reviewed 7 January 2014

My family and I visit San Antonio about 3 times a year and we have stayed in many of the Hotels in the Stone Oak area. This time we decided to try the Staybridge Suites. We had such an excellent stay that from now on we are only staying here. What a great Hotel !!!
Rooms are very spacious and clean. The hotel is in like new condition, from the carpet to the furniture to the beds.
We had a double suite and my kid used the sleeper sofa so the 4 of us slept very comfortable.
And last but not least.....the Staff ! Very friendly and always smiling and trying to help.
I recommend this hotel to anybody travelling to San Antonio.

Room Tip: Try the One bedroom suite instead of the studio for more space and comfort.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
DCA
Reviewed 11 November 2013

Check-In/Check-Out - A
The front desk was very friendly at check-in, told me where everything was and about any activities that were on the schedule during my stay. Check-out could be skipped entirely, but it only took a second to have a receipt printed if desired.

Room - B
Clean, spacious, and modern with a desk, couch, coffee table, and kitchen with bar. The only negative was that the air handler was located at the foot of the bed. If the air was always on or always off, this wouldn't be a problem, but when it cycles on and off, you either need to turn the volume on the TV up or down. This was worse than the traffic noise and even made sleeping an issue. The room safe was only 5" x8"x14", and doesn't fit much. To nitpick, the windows had not been opened and there were cobwebs between the panels. Some of the light bulbs were also out. The bathroom was clean, some basic toiletries were provided.

Location - B
Compared to major cities, I found even the heavy weekday traffic near the hotel to be quite bearable. The highway itself is a pain since you often have to go beyond your destination and U-turn to get back. There's a sign near the parking garage stating "Remove it, lock it, or lose it." This isn't very reassuring.

Value - A
Overall I was pleased with this hotel. I would've preferred to be in a room where the air handler was somewhere else, but I would stay here again.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank MartyMcSuperFly
Thank you for your recent review regarding your visit to our hotel. We are glad to hear our staff was attentive to your needs, by providing local information. We are currently looking into the few items mentioned regarding your stay. We look forward to your future stays.