“Bad Service for a far from the city hotel”

Staybridge Suites Stone Oak
Ranked #179 of 358 Hotels in San Antonio
Reviewed 1 August 2014

I stayed in this hotel twice. The first time it was an average experience.There was nothing to brag about, but nothing wrong either. It's close to where I have to do business, and so I booked it again for another 10 day stay. However, this last time, I was very disappointed. Check in took a long time, because the girl at the front desk disappeared somewhere, and I waited 10-15 minutes with no one there to help me check in. I had to call the front desk phone for the girl to emerge from somewhere behind the check in desk. Then, I asked her if it would be possible to extend my staff, becaue I was staying in San Antonio for a wedding the weekend after my business trip10-days. When I went to switch out my credit cards for the stay from business to personal, the new girl at the front desk was like, "Sorry, we have no reservation for you, and we're full this weekend." She was not really accomodating at all after I explained that the girl, Hannah, a tthe front desk told me she had confirmed this extension. So, then I was told, "I'll let you know by 7:30 PM if we have any cancellation." She never let me know if there was a cancellation; so, I went ahead and made a reservation at another hotel across the street. I travel quite a bit, and I am an IHG member with over 30K points from stays this year - but there was no recognition of that and no one offered to even help me find accomodations at a nearby hotel after they messed up my reservation. This is a huge blunder in my book. I can go on about other things in the hotel, but this issue is what took the cake for me. Especially since they made no effort to even assist with the blunder their staff created. I have to go to San Antonio for about 10-days out of the month for the next few months, and I will NOT be staying here. Thank heaven there are a lot of hotels to choose from in San Antonio. In fact, this one is not even close to downtown or any SAT attractions.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Albert E, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Stone Oak, responded to this reviewResponded 2 August 2014

Thank you for your response on your recent stay. We strive to provide an excellent experience for each and every guest during their stay with us and are also disappointed we could not provide what you as a loyal Rewards Member deserve. We will use your feed back to better improve our service for our future guest. Once again thank you for being your guest.

Reviewed 11 July 2014

After a booking issue with the Staybridge reservation system (booked directly through their website) the hotel management went out of their way to make it right. I had a reservation for a King Suite, but the system somehow changed it after the fact to a Queen room. I caught it a few weeks after booking, and a few days before my trip. The management went out of their way to fix the issue as best they could. I was extremely happy with the result and their care in the matter.

The hotel itself is new, modern, clean and safe. The kitchen setup was very useful and I'm really glad we stayed here. We were on a vacation and had stops all over the San Antonio metro as well as a few trips up to Austin. This location was perfect for easy access to everything. It is in a newer part of the city (lots of recent growth it appears) so there is lots of retail and restaurants.

Great hotel for a great price. The staff was all friendly, and the breakfast was slightly above average (for a free hotel breakfast).

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 July 2014

It was a wonderful hotel very clean and the front desk person Hanna was just a superstar she had already been there since 7am and even at 10pm had the same great energy the pool area and barbecue area was just grand the room was very nice as well a truly great stay

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank duane c
Reviewed 27 June 2014

We had visited about 4 hotels and did an actual walk through of each hotel room we wanted to look at prior to deciding to go with Staybridge Suites Stone Oak. We truly wish we had come here first. Other hotels had big names and big prices to go with it. However, none of them could compare with the great rooms, and EXCELLENT customer service that we experienced at Staybridge Suites. The rooms were immaculate, and had an attractive modern décor and stainless steel appliances in the kitchenette. The room size was comparable to hotels that cost hundreds more for the same stay and the actual room we stayed (especially the bathroom) was spotless!! The hotel offered free breakfast, Wi-Fi, and an evening meal service. The exercise room was actually impressive for a hotel with everything needed to get a good work out in. Did we mention the hotel had available basement parking and a rear parking area with gated access? (EXCELLENT) The hotel also offered a self service laundry room with free washers and dryers (which was a pleasant surprise). The outside pool / patio area was reminiscent of a resort hotel. In fact it was better than a big name resort hotel we had visited prior.

However, the one thing that sold us on choosing this hotel chain and the main reason we will return to this hotel when we are in the San Antonio area and specifically look for this hotel chain anytime we vacation from now on is the GREAT customer service. The front desk personnel were extremely professional, polite, and pleasant to talk to. In particular Hanna was probably the most personable and pleasant customer service representative we've ever encountered in a hotel. Top notch all the way!!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 May 2014 via mobile

The hotel is very convenient to anything in north San Antonio, including restaurants near 281 and 1604 intersection. The property was nice but I had a couple of issues. One of the managers did try to resolve them. Also, the work out room was nice for a hotel of this type. The breakfast options were good, as they did have some healthy selections.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Staybridge Suites Stone Oak, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2014

Dear FowlerBuzz,

Thank you for choosing us and taking the time to review our hotel. I am very delighted that we were able to satisfy most of your needs, particularly with our breakfast selection and convenient location.

While I am pleased that our managers tried to attend to your issues, I sincerely apologize for the shortfalls. Your satisfaction is of utmost concern to us as we always strive to make your experience a great one. I have shared your comments with our hotel management for review and consider taking appropriate actions to improve on our service.

Once again, thank you for staying and I hope we have another chance to host you again on your next visit to the area.

Faith R
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 15 March 2014

The sales contact at Staybridge, Annette, surpassed all of my expectations and so did the hotel. I wanted to make sure I had the best place for my mom and dad to stay so I visited several extended stay hotels in the Stone Oak area before choosing Staybridge. When I saw the lovely reception area and rooms, it was a no-brainer that Staybridge would be the best value. My folks came in from Iowa to thaw out in our Texas weather mid-February, 2014, and had a wonderful stay. Everyone we contacted surpassed our expectations in meeting our needs and friendly. For example, the front staff struck up a conversation about my San Antonio Rampage sweatshirt and enjoyed chatting. The room was spacious, wonderful, and met my parents' needs beautifully.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank SAtravelerSanAntonio
Albert E, Social Media rep at Staybridge Suites Stone Oak, responded to this reviewResponded 25 March 2014

Thank you for your recent review. We are pleased that our hotel and its amenities surpassed your expectations. We also are glad to hear our staff made it even more exceptional. We look forward to your future stays.

Reviewed 10 March 2014

This hotel chain is one of the best!!! As an IHG member I must say my stay at the Stone Oak location this past weekend was simply amazing!! Me and my family stayed in one of the 2 bdrm suites... it was actually enough room for our children to stretch out and move around.... When we got up to the room we immediately noticed how inviting and clean everything was.....The rooms looked just like they did on the photos.....The staff was very attentive to our needs.... Everyone was super friendly... from the driver, to the front desk staff, to the kitchen crew.... Breakfast was great and fresh every morning....Everything was very convenient... There are tons of resturaunts right across the highway to choose from, as well as a Wal-Mart and H-E-B... The Natural Bridge Wildlife Ranch was only about 20-25 minutes away... and Sea World was about 20 minutes away..... I'm usually not good with names but three of the representatives at this location made sure that my stay went exactly as I imagined it to be.. which was Jason, Hanna, & Amanda. All of you guys were AWESOME.. and because of you I know exactly where me and my family will be staying whenever we're in the San Antonio area!! Best Staybridge location in the San Antonio area!!!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank A W
Albert E, Social Media Rep at Staybridge Suites Stone Oak, responded to this reviewResponded 25 March 2014

Thank you for your recent review and thank you for being an IHG reward member. We are pleased that our hotel and amenities surpassed your expectations and your family enjoyed their stay. We also are glad to hear our staff made it even more exceptional. We look forward to your future stays.