“Always happy here”

Ranked #133 of 354 Hotels in San Antonio
Humble
“Always happy here”
Reviewed 1 August 2014

I have stayed here many times and this place is always a nice place to stay. It is family owned and the people are nice. The rooms look new and them keep them looking that way. Always clean and comfy. The furniture is very heavy solid wood and the mattress is very good. The only thing that could be better is breakfast but they don't really have room for breakfast.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Reviewed 27 July 2014 via mobile

I stayed here for a concert and had a great time. The staff was kind, the room was clean and decorated nice, and though it's not on the rich side of town I felt perfectly safe. I have very fond memories of this trip and would stay here again. Also the price was great.

• Stayed September 2013
San Antonio
Reviewed 15 July 2014

Understand is a motel not gym no pool but very clean and smell good, the furniture still smell like new, modern a/c no noise at all, ceiling fan, breakfast is very limited just coffee good coffee and delicious Danish, walking distance to the Riverwalk Mall!! Administration are nice but unfortunately the housekeeper are so rude always with attitude...

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Knights Inn

2 Thank Abigail C
Larsen, Wisconsin, USA
Reviewed 3 July 2014

We were in San Antonio for just one day, and selected this hotel based on price. Like another reviewer, I got a little nervous driving through the area to get to this hotel, but once there, I knew that all was well. The area has a lot of boarded up businesses, but people walk the street day and night, and there were not sirens or any trouble in the area. The hotel rooms are delightful. Very attractive and comfortable. I am not much one for art, but our room had a painting on the wall that captivated me. The bathroom was huge, the decor was attractive, and the beds were very comfortable. Unfortunately, this is a small hotel, so there is not a breakfast room, and thus, the continental breakfast is mainly just coffee and rolls in the lobby. We zipped down the street to Denny's for breakfast, and were happy with that. If the continental breakfast had been better, I would have given this hotel five stars.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 30 May 2014

I was in town for a 1-week course and I was looking for an affordable hotel near the San Antonio Riverwalk. I was able to book a room for under $60/night using an online third-party discount hotel website. I was pleasantly surprised by the quality of the hotel. The best aspects: 1) Nicely furnished rooms, recently updated with Southwestern decor; 2) rooms with microwave and refrigerator, 3) free wifi, 4) 0.7 mile walk (15 min) walk from the Riverwalk; 5) There is a Walgreens and supermarket ~ 1 mile to the northwest of the hotel. The downsides: 1) location is on the East side of town, it is deserted at night time (but I did not mind this) and I did not feel unsafe, 2) I had to ask for toilet paper twice during my stay - I wondered why the staff did not refill my empty toilet paper roll that I removed and left in the middle of the bathroom floor; 3) the refrigerator turned everything to ice the first time I plugged it in, and I had to adjust it to the proper setting. Despite these negatives, I really had a pleasant stay. The family that ran this hotel was very nice to me, and they called a cab for me on my last day.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
4 Thank Bill379
Green Bay, Wisconsin
Reviewed 23 April 2014

I reserved our room just a half hour or so before we arrived, but when we got there we were told they were booked and couldn't stay. The desk clerk eventually found a room for us. The room had a nice rustic look to it. Although the neighborhood and building looked old,the room looked updated. The room appeared at first to be clean, but even after being moved to another room, we were quite disgusted. The only positive is that the beds were comfortable.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank travel2cu31
Mission, Texas
Reviewed 31 March 2014

We had an interesting stay at the Knights Inn and I'll start by saying there are very few affordable accommodations that are close to both downtown and the Alamodome. The good: new and clean, the beds were comfortable. The bad: neighborhood a definite "low rent" district and a little scary after dark. Our air conditioner did not work right and I would have to get out of bed in the middle of the night and unplug it and plug it back in to get it to go back on. I had to ask for more coffee the 2nd night because they did not refill what I had used. We reserved a king bed and got two double beds. The refrigerator was set so cold it froze all of our food and ruined it. Sunday morning at check out time there was no one at the desk so none of us could get a receipt.

Room Tip: Don't stay in room 203. Confirm your reservation and make sure you are getting the room you wan...