“Home away from home”

Ranked #110 of 356 Hotels in San Antonio
highland village, United States
“Home away from home”
Reviewed 25 November 2013

As a family we stayed at the Hampton Inn before the San Antonio Marathon. The accomodations, service and facilities were exceptional and helped make our stay and run eventful in every positive way. We didn't enyoy the complemenary breakfast since we left the motel before it opened, but from previous experience it would have been great if time allowed.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Georgetown, Texas
Reviewed 16 November 2013

We recently stayed in this hotel for one night. We chose it because we needed a hotel near Fort Sam. The hotel was a typical Hampton Inn. The room was clean. The breakfast buffet had no meat plus all the pastry items were ice cold. The hotel does face IH35. It was a rough night with the trains plus the highway noise that never stopped. The hotel needs to invest in soundproof windows and/or curtains. It was a pretty miserable night with the constant highway noise. We felt like we were camping in a tent next to the interstate. I would not recommend staying at the hotel unless highway noise does not bother you. I'm not sure if a room on the backside of the hotel would help or not.

Room Tip: Stay on the back side of the hotel. Also, the cookies are only offered in the evenings Monday-Thursd...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank 19Eagle62
Atlanta, United States
Reviewed 5 November 2013

Convenient hotel located right next to interstate. Very nice and comfortable rooms. I always try to stay at Hampton Inn when I travel, because no matter where it's located you can be pretty sure what to expect when you get there. The company does a good job standardizing the quality of the experience regardless of which of their hotels you are at. And this one is no exception - I enjoyed my stay.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business

Corpus Christi, United States
Reviewed 1 November 2013

This is one of the nicest Hampton Inn's I have ever stayed at. I will definitely stay here again! The desk staff is exceptional! The rooms are very clean and modern. My wife and I truly enjoyed our stay, even if it was for one night only!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple

Concord, CA, United States
Reviewed 24 October 2013

We celebrated our 60th anniversary visiting the sights in Texas. Our stay at the Hampton Inn(s) made this a special vacation. Because of the experience we re-joined the Hilton Honors club. Will stay at Hampton Inn(s) on our future trips. Outstanding in all respects.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple

Oregon
Reviewed 20 October 2013

Clean, quiet (at least on the backside away from the freeway), and very convenient to the I-35. Lots of food nearby, plus only a 15 minute drive to the downtown and Riverwalk. They had some trouble with the toasters at breakfast, but otherwise a near-perfect lodging experience. This location also has an especially spacious and well-equipped fitness center. Super-fast WiFi too.

Room Tip: The freeway side looks like it would be pretty noisy.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed 18 October 2013 via mobile

I really enjoyed staying at this hotel. The breakfast was great and also till 10am which was great for me because I like to sleep in a bit. The staff is very friendly and helpful. I had to fax a few items in the morning and the front desk agent helped me with a smile on her face! The hotel is very clean and well kept. I will definitely stay here when I am back in San Antonio!

Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near San Antonio
Best Western Windsor Pointe Hotel & Suites-At&T Center
Quality Suites
Quality Suites
#213 of 356 in San Antonio
Super 8 San Antonio Near Fort Sam Houston
Drury Inn & Suites San Antonio N...
#111 of 356 in San Antonio

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites San Antonio / Northeast I35? Share your experiences!