“Perfect stay...”

Ranked #3 of 358 Hotels in San Antonio
Dallas
“Perfect stay...”
Reviewed 15 July 2014 via mobile

This hotel has spoiled me to all others! From the fifth floor outdoor pool and hot tubs and expansive patio area, to the great breakfast and 5:30 Kickback, this hotel has everything you could want. The double-queen suite we had was huge and spotless. The staff were all very helpful, friendly and accommodating. The hotel is bright and airy, and it seemed like everywhere you turned was another balcony welcoming you to step outside. I can't wait to stay here again.

Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
4 Thank Abby N

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (137)
Schulenburg, Texas
Reviewed 13 July 2014

My DH and I took a quick trip to San Antonio for a one night getaway and stayed here. We loved this hotel! For starters, we were warmly welcomed by the desk staff and two of them cheerfully explained the amenities, perks, and free garage parking. Our room was clean, spacious, and comfortable. The bathroom was well lit (a big plus in my book) and had plenty of room, too. We took advantage of the complimentary drinks in the late afternoon and also enjoyed the breakfast spread in the morning. It included a variety of hot and cold items, and I particularly appreciated the actual dinnerware and silverware. The lobby area is expansive with plenty of seating options, and the business center is not the usual tiny room/cubicle; it's an open-concept designed area that resembles a home library complete with wall shelves and decorative art pieces. We didn't use the pool but our room overlooked it. Even though many (including families with children) were enjoying it immensely, we weren't disturbed by noise. In fact, it was good to hear a little of the good, clean fun.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Lilidalla
Chattanooga, Tennessee, United States
Reviewed 12 July 2014

This was my first visit and first time I had heard about the Drury Plaza and Inn Suites. My experience here will be talked about to whomever is traveling to let them know that this is the finest of hotels.
The staff in all aspect showed a quality of customer service that is lacking in our daily business' around our country. Friendliness, work ethic, respect, hospitality at its finest. The management talks the talk and walks the walk, they do exactly what they expect of their staff. Whenever a guest walked past a staff member the staff member stopped and welcomed the guest with no hesitation or making you feel as though you were in the way.
The hotel is clean, up to date décor, welcoming and affordable.
The kickback snack time is so much more than expected. The food was fresh and the dining area clean. Service in the dining area was fantastic.
The Drury beats all others when they say complimentary breakfast. A fully loaded hot bar. Breakfast favorites from waffles, oatmeal, breakfast breads and drinks. You will not leave hungry!
I wanted a good view of San Antonio and boy did I get it. I was located on the 10th floor looking over the city and I could see for miles. Breathtaking!
My room was gorgeous. The accommodations in the room where like no other. The hotel is green friendly and proof is all over the room. My room did have a small cleaning issue when I arrived but when I notified the staff it was promptly taken care of. There is no window control unit in the room you have a thermostat to control the temperature. Wifi is instantly connected no password.
I will definitely stay here again when visiting San Antonio and refer others to this amazing place of rest.

Room Tip: Just request what you would like I believe they will do their best to accommodate you.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
3 Thank purestar
Rosenberg, Texas
Reviewed 12 July 2014 via mobile

Most of my trips to San Antonio (2 to 3 times a month)I stay at this location. It's a very nice hotel, but this last stay I was very disappointed with the cleanliness of the room. There was hair all over my bed!!! The first night I slept on towels and talked to the manager the next day. The second night I was hopeful that my room was taken care of, but I pulled back the sheets to find more hair!!!! This time I called downstairs (because the manager told me to) they brought up new sheets, but I had to make my own bed. Even with all that I still love this hotel and I'm hoping they just had a bad week. Time will tell if this was just a one off or a sign of things to come. I would really hate to have to take my business elsewhere.

Stayed June 2014
6 Thank Willishome
DruryHotels, General Manager at Drury Plaza Hotel San Antonio North Stone Oak, responded to this review, 18 July 2014
Thank you for your feedback related to your most recent visit. It is always rewarding when our repeat guests invest the time necessary to share their thoughts on our services. Your comments are very helpful to us in our efforts to constantly improve. I sincerely apologize for any disappointment on your last stay with us. I would welcome the opportunity to visit with you personally and to learn more about your experiences while at the hotel. Please feel free to contact me directly at your convenience.

Michael Bazar
Reviewed 9 July 2014 via mobile

It was one of the nicest hotels we have stayed in. Everyone was great and friendly. We used hotels .com and first got a room with only a shower. I guess if you need a tub shower combo, need to specify. Anyway they upgraded our room to a suite for no we extra charge. Plus they have free hot breakfast and free dinner every night. It was a very clean and nice hotel.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank emily0463
El Paso, Texas
Reviewed 5 July 2014 via mobile

Wow, this place is impressive; first the people then the facility. We had never stayed at a Drury Plaza before and were very impressed. The best way to describe the experience is to compare it with a cruise ship. The staff really made us feel like family which is really impressive when they did the same with 800 guests on a busy holiday week. Lora Lee seemed like she was around every corner just to check on us and Nick, at registration, was such a comedian; as fun as a Southwest Airlines flight attendant. Mark came by to say hello and tell us about local activities, he is such a positive guy; he really knows how to make his guests feel so welcome.
We had only planned to stay for 3-nights but we continued to extend our vacation for 2-more nights because the staff made everything perfect.
The rates were reasonable when made at the hotel, better than the dozens of web apps available.
We will definitely come back to this hotel, even just to visit our new friends at the Drury Plaza!

Stayed July 2014
3 Thank Sthomson77
Arcadia, California
Reviewed 29 June 2014

San Antonio was the 3rd stop on our cross-country trip, and the Drury Plaza was a welcome stay after camping at the KOA in Carlsbad, NM! The hotel was clean, and the staff was friendly. The best part of our stay, however, was the buffet breakfast and the "Kickback" service the hotel provides nightly from 5:30-7:00. There was a good variety of food each time, and having breakfast and dinner taken care of was both a money and a time saver for our family with 3 little ones. Although breakfast was the same both mornings that we ate, I believe the Kickback service has a different menu depending on the day of the week. Up to three alcoholic drinks are provided for the adults as well.

The hotel is right off of Loop 1604, which can be a little confusing if you're not used to the freeway system in San Antonio. On the plus side, Costco, Walmart, and numerous other stores and restaurants are nearby.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family