“Be prepared to be WOWED!!!!”
Review of Los Agaves

Los Agaves
Ranked #2,278 of 4,739 Restaurants in San Antonio
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 10 August 2013

Just getting off the airplane and going to the hotel we were starved saw this from the freeway decided to grab dinner, so happy we did! What a wonderful surprise, it is located at the end of a strip mall doesn't look like much from the outside and that is why we decided to go in! You usually are not disappointed by places like that! And we were not disappointed at all. If you can not judge the place by it's looks and only judge it by its food then you've got a winner here! The ceiling tiles are stained the tables are old but it is clean and the food the best Mexican food we have had! ....just get past the much needed facelift and enjoy the food and company you will not be disappointed for sure!
We were greeted immediately as we entered, I don't think all our feet were in the door when the owner greeted us! He was very personable and asked us if we had been there before when we told him we hadn't he was pleased to learn where we were from and had stories! Really loved chatting with him, he spent time with us, even though the place was busy! Very nice feeling! He suggested some items assured us that his food would not be greasy and we had not had anything like his food before, and he was right! The food was tasty not greasy and it was quick, in spite of being busy we got our food quickly and hot, it was fresh and light. Definitely not the average TEX_MEX or American/Mexican food. thank God!
I can't wait to try more items from his menu, a definite stop next time we are in San Antonio.
We had a great overall experience....
Definitely try the Mole and fresh guac it is out of this world!

Reviewed 9 November 2012 via mobile

Love this place, although weekday lunch is my favorite time to go. The salsa is great, the food is delicious. I wish I could eat here all the time, but I'm sure my waist line would hate me. Servers are always attentive, but seem a little shy. Food comes out quickly and the quality is wonderful. Recommended this place to friends from Mexico and they liked it too!

Reviewed 19 January 2012

Los Agaves is a small restaurant in a shopping strip right off Interstate 410 at Blanco. The food is outstanding, they have a really good smoky hot sauce. I had the pechuga de pollo in a poblano sauce with nice heat, it was the best dish this side of Guadalajara that I have had. The only complaint about this restaurant is the service is really slow, um just like when you are in Mexico!

1  Thank ri0grande
Reviewed 18 September 2011

I had the enchiladas Potosinas and my son had the Chicken en Mole for dinner. Both were excellent. You can taste the fresh, high quality ingredients in each dish. The two salsas served with the corn chips while you wait for your meal are tasty and spicy.
If you are looking for Tex-Mex or Americanized Mexican food you should go elsewhere. The flavors here are true Mexico.
The portions are good, not too much, not too little. My teenage son wiped his plate clean and was full. We shared the "tres leches" cake for dessert. It was good, but I'm not a big fan of "tres leches" cake.
The decor is okay, nothing to write home about, but the place seems clean. This is a good place to visit with family or friends. They have a different lunch special every day of the week, but not on weekends (I think).
I look forward to going back soon.

2  Thank PackedAndReady_SA