“Best burger in San Antonio”

Fattboy Burgers & Dogs
Ranked #263 of 4,645 Restaurants in San Antonio
Cuisines: American
“Best burger in San Antonio”
Reviewed 8 May 2014 via mobile

I've tried all the top rated burger joints in San Antonio and this is by far the best! Good fries too! There's a reason Fattboy's is always packed.

1 Thank Chris B

Victoria, Texas
“Yes!”
Reviewed 14 March 2014

So, I am not usually a burger type of person. Normally, I order some type of chicken entree, but this place had so many good reviews about their burgers that I had to check it out...and I am SO glad I did!! This burger joint is slightly tucked away in a shopping center, so keep your eyes pealed. There is about 10-12 tables inside and a few benches for outdoor seating. My burger was amazing. I ordered the "slimmburger" combo meal for lunch (came with drink and fries). A "slimmburger" consists of a 1/4 lb patty, and a "fattburger" is a 1/2 lb patty. Prices were cheap and what is so amazing about this place is that if you want the following on your burger, you get it FOR FREE!!:
Mayo, Ketchup, Mustard, Lettuce, Tomatoes, Pickles, Grilled Onions, Grilled Mushrooms, Relish, Onions, Grilled Jalepeno Peppers, Grilled Bell Peppers, and Barbeque Sauce... ALL FREE!!
(I just thought that is an excellent business strategy because it really makes you say "Wow..now, that's different")
However, the upcharges include:
Cheese (which is a must), Bacon, Avocado, Chili, Ranch, and Sauerkraut.
I reiterate, you MUST get the cheese. The cheese was amazing. So stringy and delicious. The burger was perfect. Great taste. I appreciated the thin bun (it was toasted too, another plus), because I do not like too much bun with my burger (I feel as if a thick bun can take away from the burgers content). I will say that I was not a huge fan of their fries, but it was not enough to demote them to a 4-star rating. By no means would I consider them bad, but they were just not my style. I prefer my fries a little bit more on the crispy side. These were long cut fries and somewhat limp.

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank Honest R
Las Cruces
“Wonderful place”
Reviewed 31 December 2013 via mobile

We had a great burger but Not only was I impressed with the great food but how exceptionally friendly the server / cashier was. She went out of her way for us and we had a great lunch. Glad we stopped.

Visited December 2013
“Best Burger Ever!!!”
Reviewed 27 November 2013

To say that the food here was good is an understatement. I would have to give this burger the title as the best I've ever had. The food is served hot and fresh brought to your table by a very friendly employee.

• Visited November 2013
New York
“Very tasty”
Reviewed 10 October 2013

Great tasting burger and seasoned fries. The place can be hard to spot since it isn't directly on the main street. It wasn't busy when we went and the staff was friendly.

Visited October 2013