My husband is very picky about hotels. And these days with prices skyrocketing, it's rare to find one closer to the $100 range than the $200+ range that is up to par. We were a little skeptical about Cityview, as we were only able to find great reviews; other than a reservation mixup and grouchy customers, nobody had ANYTHING bad to say. And, that's not normal. But, we were heading into town for a cousin's wedding and didn't have a ton to spend, so took a chance and booked a room. It couldn't have been a better experience!!! All we wanted was a place to turn in at night; we knew the rooms were relatively small, and that no breakfast is served, and were fine with that. But every fantastic thing we'd read turned out to be completely true. The whole place is pristinely clean. The beds are comfy, the carpets barefoot-worthy, the showers luxurious. Also, our room was updated with a spot to hang clothes as well as a grab bar in the shower (which, although it did have those little rough strips, is completely free of hardwater buildup so was rather more slick than I'm accustomed to). The staff was warm, welcoming and friendly. This place is incomparable in quality, even against some of the well-established name brand places we've stayed. And at a fraction of the price, that's sprinkles on top of the icing on the cake! On a typical Texas day it's too miserable outside to walk to the Riverwalk (sorry, no offense meant to the natives, we're just not from here and are unaccustomed to the relentless heat!), but on a cool day it'd be a pleasant stroll. Either way the cab fare's not bad, and the service was surprisingly prompt both times we used it. Oh, also it is a block away from the railroad, but that didn't bother my husband's or my sleep. But, it may be a factor to consider if you're a very light sleeper who's used to absolute quiet.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Conveniently located just steps from Sunset Station and the Alamodome, our new hotel is the perfect starting place to experience all San Antonio has to offer. Our 100 percent nonsmoking hotel offers exemplary service and amenities to accompany our sophisticated comfortable accommodations. Relax in our contemporary luxurious rooms and enjoy the view of the downtown skyline while planning what to see and do. While you are here, take advantage of our free wireless high speed internet access and free in-room coffee service.If you’re traveling for fun, our new hotel will be a highlight of your trip. City View Inn & Suites is located in the heart of Downtown San Antonio, just steps from Sunset Station and the Alamodome and near all the local dining and shopping. You’ll be less than a mile from attractions including the San Antonio Riverwalk, The Alamo and the Texas Institute of Culture and Tower of the America’s. Six Flags Fiesta Texas, the San Antonio Zoo, Seaworld, the Botanical Gardens and the AT&T center are just minutes away. If you’re traveling on business, you’ll appreciate our easy access to HEB, the Convention Center, Boeing and Lockheed Martin. And you can still enjoy our sophisticated contemporary luxury; making your stay both enjoyable and profitable.The City View Inn & Suites at Sunset Station offers exceptional value and luxurious accommodations at a great price. Come experience the best San Antonio has to offer. Make a reservation today! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your City View Inn & Suites Sunset Station reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- City View Inn And Suites Sunset Station
- City View Inn & Suites Sunset Station Hotel San Antonio
- City View Inn & Suites Sunset Station San Antonio, Texas