“Will Return Sooner Than Later!”
Review of Urban Taco - CLOSED

Urban Taco
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: After-hours
Dining options: After-hours
Shavano Park, Texas, USA
“Will Return Sooner Than Later!”
Reviewed 29 May 2013

Our server, Arturo G, was wonderful. This is a tapas type meal which allows on to taste many things. The price is neither cheap not expensive. The food flavors are over the top wonderful. Needing to avoid some foods due to allergies limited my tapas to the shrimp al pastor, green rice, cebollitas and iced tea. My husband also found this to be a great place to eat. He had the arrachera taco, black beans and carnitas.
I very much enjoyed to open atmosphere as I could look over my shoulder, from my window booth seat, and see the servers in the main room and see the chefs in the kitchen. The Urban Taco is wonderfully clean and has much to offer for a reasonable price. This is a sit down place and the six items (actually sven including my iced tea) my husband and I ordered only added up to 19.25 plus tip. Go out and enjoy!

• Visited May 2013

“Great food- Unique”
Reviewed 13 May 2013

Many unique tacos/options. Love getting the salsa trio. Jalapeno Zucchini is my favorite. Wish there were a bit more vegan/vegetarian items, but no biggie. Service has typically been great. Delicious bloody marys. Try one of the jumbo size drinks on date night too :). Only negatives are that it's pretty overpriced for the portions received, & that sometimes my stomach hurts after eating here..Oddly enough I have had two other friends randomly mention the same thing to us. Not sure if it's a hygienic issue or maybe just heavy ingredients in the food? Either way, I'd recommend to try at least once!

• Visited March 2013
San Antonio, Texas
“AMAZINGLY DELICIOUS FOOD and GREAT SERVICE!”
Reviewed 10 May 2013

I absolutely love Urban Taco, we go every so often. The tacos are amazing and the service is exceptional. My faves, the yucca chips, carnitas tacos, poblano rice and the corn. Their panela asado is also really tasty and their salsas, my favorite is guajillo pequin. The servers are friendly, smiling and quick to check on you. My favorite server is Eddie, ask for him and he will definitely take care of you. On Thursday's they have a live singer, she is fabulous, so definitely check it out! I'm not much of a drinker, but those who I go with, love their margaritas, mojitos and drinks. Check them out, you won't regret it!

• Visited May 2013
“Great Food every visit”
Reviewed 30 April 2013

We decided to stop by Urban Taco for a quick Sunday lunch. We have eaten here many times and it has always been consistently good. Yes we have our favorites - but do change it up. The service is exceptional and they do try to assist if you want to sit outside. I went for my favorite - three tacos! See the picture. The side dishes are quite good and all of the portions are appropriate. Be sure an stop by.

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank George G
“Fun high end taco place”
Reviewed 21 April 2013 via mobile

Had the "choose your own 3" They were pretty good. Cool upscale atmospherr, unique flavors, not the best but pretty good. There homemade potato chips were my favorite. I'll probably go again.

• Visited April 2013