“Seven Ladies Celebrating Christmas!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Urban Taco - CLOSED

Urban Taco
Cuisines: Mexican, Latin, Southwestern, Spanish
Good for: Child-friendly, Kids
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Shavano Park, Texas, USA
“Seven Ladies Celebrating Christmas!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 December 2013

We had such a great time together and our server, Homero T, was amazing! We celebrated Christmas and we celebrated a Graduation so there were mostly individual checks and a combined check. The service was above and beyond. We were given as many yucca chips as we wanted as we waited for our meal to be ordered and delivered. I was expecially happy that ALL of the Ladies plan to visit Urban Taco with their families very soon! Prior to that evening I was the only one to have dined there. Love the fact that Urban Taco has foods I can consume and not have allergic reactions. Wonderfully fresh ingredients. Superb service, everytime!

Visited December 2013

Rochester, Minnesota, USA
“Great sides with your taco”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 October 2013 credit card Amex Cardmember Review

Urban Taco is always great - excellent sauces with your taco ! Fish taco is primo and they have good cold mexican beers to wash it down

Visited September 2013
Shavano Park, Texas, USA
“Always a Great Choice!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 October 2013 via mobile

Urban Taco has never let me down. I returned with another friend who had never been. Once again, a wife who made the statement, "I will be coming back soon with my husband." The service is great, the foods are prepared fresh and to order. Always a treat.

• Visited October 2013
Waco, Texas
“This is an awesome concept - upscale Mexican, smaller portions, great quality”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 October 2013

This is almost Tapas, but it is Mexican not Spanish -- until now your typical San Antonio Mexican place has been trying to impress customers with how BIG the plates are -- beans and rice and Masa are cheap, so you can slop a ton of that on a plate the size of a pizza pan, and call it dinner -- which is why the only country fatter than the USA is Mexico. You leave these places feeling you over-ate, and your arteries aren't happy about the grease you ingested.
Urban Taco is going to serve you about the same amount of food on a plate as Sushi Zushi across the Street is - you will be happy with your meal, probably eat it all, and might have room for desert. It makes sense.

We liked it. People were bright and shiny, perky and happy. Modern, clean, light.

Prices are reasonable for upscale Alamo heights. A beer is $4, a house Margarita is $8 - but you can go up from there, and even order more than one $50 a shot tequila off the menu, if you have dinero en fuego -- You can get "a" taco for $3, but more reasonably expect $12 for a plate. We ate for $40 with alcohol. I could take you to a place less than a mile from there where it would have been half that price, but it wouldn't have done for a date on a Saturday night.

• Visited October 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
cleveland ohio
“Taco Panera”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 October 2013 via mobile

I ate lunch at the San Antonio quarry location. Its a nice space with light stone decor and a relaxing patio. To me everything was pretty good...it reminded me of a mexamerican panera. Lots of fresh creative ingredients including 8 or 10 different salsas to choose from. I like to lean vegetarian and sometimes vegan but the menu was heavy on meats and fish. But it was light and fresh...enchilas drowned in grease were nowhere to be found. I had the taco trio and selected snapper, tuna and shrimp tacos. All were good but not spectacular. The jicama slaw was refreshing and the green rice was tasty. My only complaint would be that the chips are thick and hard...like giant fritos. Disappointed by that. I would judge this as a good spot for lunch with portion sizes to match. Id probably skip it for dinner. Service was attentive and friendly.