“Initially Thought This Was Too Good To Be True...I Was Wrong!”

Pinn Road Inn & Suites
Ranked #95 of 358 Hotels in San Antonio
Reviewed 27 August 2013

I was scheduled to be in San Antonio for two nights. At the first hotel, they gave or room away, despite the fact the reservation was made at least two weeks prior. After two horrible hotel experiences and one that was average at best, we ended up at Pinn Road Inn & Suites. I wondered how their rating could be so high and their price so low. When we checked it out, I almost expected there to be a catch. The parking lot looked as if it had just been paved. The gentleman at the desk was hospitable, the rooms were clean, etc. If this hotel was located on the feeder of the main freeway, it would either be constantly at full capacity or the price would be higher. As far as hotels go, I would say this is one of San Antonio's best kept secrets. Don't be fooled by the price. This is a nice spot. Clean, personable, and courteous staff, etc. If the need arises for me to go back to this area, rest assured this will be my first choice for lodging.

1  Thank ibpianoman
There are newer reviews for Pinn Road Inn & Suites

Reviewed 26 August 2013

Patrick at the front desk is very nice and helpful. When we checked in we were hungry and he was very helpful in finding us restaurants nearby. The room was very clean and comfortable. Very reasonably priced. I will stay here again when I visit San Antonio. Stay here if you are going to Sea World because SW is very close by to Pinn Road Inn.

Reviewed 12 August 2013

This was my husband and I second time staying at this hotel! The customer service was and still is great!! We went to Sea World this time and had our daughter, and she loved the room...we had a room with a full size kitchen. Every time we come to San Antonio, we will stay here!! I highly recommend Pinn Road Inn & Suites!! They have excellent service and rates.

1  Thank sha_austin
Reviewed 4 August 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed here for two nights while we were visiting Sea World. Sea World was about 10 minutes away. Even though the neighborhood isn't very attractive, it is gated. The service was excellent! They even gave us a list of places that might be necessary for a trip (WalMart, Walgreens, Downtown etc) nearby. Our room was VERY clean! I could walk barefoot and not have disgusting marks on my feet (and I hate being barefoot). I was REALLY surprised at even how clean the shower walls were. Overall, we will definitely be staying here again. Best experience for the best price!!

P.S. Do NOT let the neighborhood fool you. There were nothing but nice cars parked in the hotel parking lot.

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed 2 August 2013

Off the beaten path but a gem! The office staff was very friendly and informative of the area. Knowing we were there for our Daughters BMT Graduation at Lackland AFB, they were prepared with maps and instruction to and around the base.

The property was recently refurbished and very clean. The room staff were spot on without issue. They even did our breakfast dishes one morning that we forgot .
If we ever go to the area again we certainly would return to this property.

Thanks so much for a great worry free stay.

Maj. M.G. Moore USMC Retired And Family

Room Tip: We had a Suite for three people it was great refer ,microwave, stove ,sink with pots panns and d...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 31 July 2013

I booked this hotel based on the reviews I read on here, and wasn't really disappointed. The rooms are pretty small, and there isn't a lot of amenities. However, for $60/night it's really hard to complain. The attitudes of the staff were really good. The beds were comfortable, and the rooms were immaculate. The room we had had a wall up against some type of fitness place so we got to hear the disco beat of music during the day. At night all was quiet, though. The neighborhood is low-income, but I never felt unsafe.

If you are going to BMT graduation the hotel is located about two minutes from the base. This made it very convenient as we were there for five days, and made frequent trips over there. Also, the location is very close to the freeway so you can get going pretty quick.

Room Tip: Rooms on the north side have more privacy from the street.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 31 July 2013

Suite was clean and comfortable. Nothing too fancy, but it was a good value for the price. I didn't use the stove, but the coffee maker and microwave worked just fine. Basic utensils are provided in room, but all dishes and cookware would need to be brought in. Staff was very friendly and helpful. He even offered to print maps out to any place I wanted to go or visit. Directions were provided to get to several restaurants and stores in the area. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo