“Excellent service”

Ranked #94 of 354 Hotels in San Antonio
Cleveland, Ohio
“Excellent service”
Reviewed 2 December 2013

Our room was spotless. The kitchenette was very nice and stocked with everything. Staff members were extremely helpful and friendly. They provided us with information regarding the graduation and maps. They even went out of their way to help us out of a couple sticky situations. Everyday they stocked the bathroom with plenty of towels and supplies. This is not a fancy area, but this is a great bargain. Close to base. Would recommend for anyone visiting for BMT graduation.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank takeaamy

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Scotts Valley
Reviewed 20 November 2013 via mobile

A clean well-maintained suite for $65 is a good bargain. It is not particularly close to downtown and it is not in a particularly nice area, but I liked it. The management was both helpful and friendly.
I found an inexpensive but delicious Mexican restaurant less than half a mile away. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed October 2013
1 Thank Norvil
Fort Smith, Arkansas, United States
Reviewed 17 November 2013

We stayed there at the end of September. I have never met such nice hosts who were genuinely concerned that we were satisfied. They even gave us a map of some of the local attractions as well as places like Walgreens, Walmart, etc. The room was nice and the beds comfortable. I enjoyed using the kitchen since we are on a restricted diet.

Room Tip: We were on the lower floor but there was no noise from above. Not fancy but a great value.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Newark, New York, United States
Reviewed 11 November 2013

We were originally going to stay in lodging on base, but we found this little gem for a few more dollars (per night). Our room included a kitchenette, and the money we saved eating there probably paid for a night's accommodation. Fixtures were dated but functional. Maybe the cleanest motel room I've ever been in. The insides of the microwave and oven looked like they had never been used. Great mattress; I had to pull up the sheet to see who made it. Staff was courteous and helpful, giving us a small map of the base and written directions to stores and restaurant. Convenience store next door. Less than a mile from Luke East Gate. Denny's, McD's, Subway, and Walgreens nearby.

Negatives: Supposedly not a great area, but there is a fence around the parking lot and there are security cameras as well. We never felt the least bit threatened, even walking in the area. Also, the water temperature could change rather quickly while you're in the shower, but I've run into that in places twice the price. Lastly, no pool - but if you're here for BMT Graduation, you probably won't have time for that anyway.

Room Tip: It's worth a little extra to get a suite with a kitchen if you're there for more than a coup...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Dickinson, Texas, United States
Reviewed 11 November 2013

We visited San Antonio the weekend of October 26-27 for a family anniversary celebration. We decided to stay at this hotel because it was close to the venue where the party was being held. To our surprise it was within walking distance! The front desk staff were very warm and friendly and made us feel welcome. The room was clean with plenty of towels and toiletries. There was even a cute little elephant towel animal seated near the sink, nice touch! The bed was very comfortable with plenty of pillows and the room was furnished with everything we needed to make our stay worry-free and comfortable. I would stay at this hotel again and would recommend it to others.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Mebane, NC
Reviewed 15 October 2013

We stayed here Oct 9-13 while in San Antonio for our son's BMT graduation. I booked the room totally based on reviews I read from other military familes as well as the close proximity to Lackland AFB. We could not have picked any better! Great stay with a nice, clean room, friendly owners/staff and within 5 minutes from Lackland. There's also lots of restaurants and a WalMart not too far away. The only downside, (if there is one), is that there's no pool. We didn't miss it, as the whole weekend was about seeing our son!! I had also read in other reviews about the 'bad area' it was located in, but I rode all around San Antonio and all the areas are basically the same. We didn't have any problems and felt perfectly safe. The owners and staff were extremely friendly and welcoming. They provided us with the BMT graduation ceremony schedules, maps of the base, and suggested places to go eat. No matter what time of day we returned to our room, it was all clean and waiting for us. Nice touch with the swans made out of the towels too!! I am happy with the choice I made in staying here and if I'm ever in the Lackland AFB area again, I will not hesitate to book this hotel once again.

Room Tip: Book a room with 2 beds as opposed to the king sized bed; you will have a larger sitting area.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Ann W
Omaha, Texas, United States
Reviewed 14 October 2013

We were in San Antonio for the weekend of Oct 4-6 but our stay at Pinn Road Inn& Suites was from Wed, Oct 2 thru Mon Oct 7. I have to say, from the other reviews I was hesitant to book here, but the excitement over seeing my son far outweighed any reservations I may have had. I'm really glad they did. This was by far the CLEANEST hotel I have ever stayed at, and that is including $400/night 5-star hotels. The bed was so comfy I didn't even miss my sleep number, and the staff makes you feel like family. It was LITERALLY 3 min from Lackland, and there are plenty of restaurants and grocery stores within 5 miles. The area made me nervous for about 3 minutes. It was an older, industrial area of town, but for the week we were there, there were no problems at all. I even felt safe enough to walk outside the hotel gate after dark to the mom and pop store that is located directly in front of the hotel. We were in a non-smoking room, which was a little bit of a pain since we are smokers, but even going out on the balcony to smoke wasn't a problem, and it was kind of neat, since the big AF planes taking off and landing at Lackland fly LOW over the area, and it was fun to watch them. I would DEFINATELY recommend this hotel to ANY families going to San Antonio for BMT graduation. They have suites with full kitchens, so if you moms want your kiddos to have a home-cooked meal like I did, that was a HUGE plus!!!! Also, you will not waste ANY time driving to or from the base.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with family