“Surpassed My Expectations”

Pinn Road Inn & Suites
Ranked #91 of 358 Hotels in San Antonio
Reviewed 5 August 2014

When driving up to this hotel, I was a little worried but when I checked in and saw the room, I was totally overwhelmed with the facility. This hotel gives credence to the saying, "Never judge a book by its cover." The hotel manager was very helpful and always available for the customers. This is a family owned business, it appears, and the entire family that I met on my visit were very accommodating. Anyone who is planning a trip to Lackland Air Force Base graduation ceremony would be wise to stay here. It is very close to the base. The maid service was excellent.

Room Tip: There is only one thing I would advise to visitors and that is to bring a bathtub mat with you. The...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank MARYMAGISTRO

Reviewed 23 July 2014

Found this motel on trip advisor and it lived up to its excellent reviews. Simple, older decor, but clean and excellent service. Had a bit of problem with the phone but it was attended to and fixed promptly. Having a full kitchen and some pots and pans saved us alot on eating out. CLose to many attractions too. Would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank 487daunec
Reviewed 23 July 2014 via mobile

I was a little worried with the area. But when I found this hotel from reading all the good reviews I just thought we would see for ourselves. Quite area, we had no problems. We even went next door to Moms , which is a quick snacks and drink stop. We ate at a local Mexican Restaurant which was awesome and cheap. Now what your here for.... The staff was very nice, the rooms were cleaner than most expensive hotels I have stayed at. I always check air filters and it was clean which most hotels don't regularly clean them. The beds were very comfortable and I loved there comforters. Not generic and scratchy like most hotels. We had brought our own pillows from home and didn't even need them because there's were comfortable. It is very convenient to Sea World, I think like 5/10 min. Hardly any traffic on that side. We would definitely stay here again!!

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank lanamari
Reviewed 21 July 2014 via mobile

Large, clean, spacious room. And the bed was incredibly comfortable! My husband and I even pulled up the bedding to find out who made the bed. My husband noticed the plumbing and commented that the water seemed so fresh as compared to other budget motels. A nice motel with budget pricing. We will be back!

Stayed: July 2014
2  Thank thanksucsf
Reviewed 8 July 2014

Came for my boyfriend's bmt graduation at lackland and the hotel was only about 3 minutes from the base. We were very iffy about it at first but once we got there, it was great. Plane was delayed so we didn't get there until way after midnight and they were still there with a smile on their face ready to check us in. And super friendly. Room was very clean with a very comfortable bed. We stayed for 8 nights (used this as a mini vacation also) and it was great. Would definitely stay there again!!!

• Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank Jmharri22
Reviewed 2 July 2014

Pinn Road Inn is a superb value and so much more pleasurable than a chain budget motel. Room 104 is spacious, with ceramic tile floors, newly remodeled furnishings and luxury touches that are a treat: thick, sparkling white towels, fan-folded and one shaped as a swan with packets of toiletries including makeup removal. Of course, a frig, microwave, WiFi. Generous parking area. And there’s a convenience market next door. The manager, Patrick, is extremely attentive and helpful. A housekeeper, April, responded to a special request with speed and generosity. Altogether of five motels I’ve visited in the past two weeks, Pinn Road Inn is the best.

Room Tip: In this lovely older building, the concrete walls are so thick, I doubt that noise is a problem in a...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank eaglewoman2014
Reviewed 23 June 2014

The hotel was everything we could have hoped for! It was close to Lackland AFB for our daughter's graduation, near the freeway system so we could get to several tourist attractions, and pick up family not traveling with us, from the airport. It is an older hotel in an atypical neighborhood, but has a wonderful family feel to it, and the attention to detail from staff in regards to making sure the room was spotless, and we had all the information we needed to make our stay less stressful (directions to places of need/interest) was excellent. I would happily stay with them again.

Room Tip: We had a family suite -two beds, with a full kitchen - it made travel so much easier and less expens...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family