“Letter I wrote to the president of Alamo Sightseeing Tours”

Alamo Sightseeing Tours
Book In Advance
US$74.68*
San Antonio Grand Sightseeing Tour
US$96.33*
Texas LBJ Ranch and Hill Country Tour
US$42.11*
and up
San Antonio Hop-On Hop-Off Trolley Tour, River Cruise, and Tower of the...
Ranked #24 of 61 Tours in San Antonio
More attraction details
Owner description: Full Day / Half Day Guided and Narrated Tours of San Antonio. Visit the Alamo, River Boat Ride, The Missions and much more. Hill Country Tours, Tour LBJ Ranch, The Texas White home of the 36th President of the United States, Visit the Johnson family Cemetery where the President and Lady Bird are buried. Wine Tours in the Hill Country where you will visit two wineries and sample six Texas wines at each location.
Reviewed 26 January 2014

My wife & I, along with a group of our friends, took the Grand Tour in San Antonio this past Saturday, Jan. 18th. I just wanted to pass along to you our complete satisfaction with the tour,and to specifically mention our guide. I only got his first name, Phil, and gathered that he works weekends a guide. He does an excellent job both entertaining and informing people in the course of his duties, and I noticed that he especially looked out for the needs of some of the older tourists. I've taken other tours and have seen other guides who were clearly just going through the motions and not particularly caring about whether or not people were actually enjoying themselves. Phil is not one of those guides. He is definitely a great representative for your company and services. Just wanted to pass that along.

Thanks.

Andy Lynn

Douglasville, GA

In addition, I would say that if you have limited time, this tour is a really great way to see the most of a great city. We really enjoyed the experience.

1  Thank ascottlynn
edward t, Owner at Alamo Sightseeing Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 29 January 2014

Thank you for visiting San Antonio, thank you for your business, and thank you for providing your feedback regarding our tour. i have passed along your comments to our driver and we appreciate the kind words.

hope you come back and visit us!

Reviewed 17 January 2014

My fiance and I live in San Antonio, but we never really go downtown, so we decided to make a day of it and take a tour downtown for fun. We went on the grand tour that included everything in the city that we've never actually went to see. The tour was definitely worth it and it is great for both people from out of town and even people who live here.

2  Thank Melanie B
edward t, Owner at Alamo Sightseeing Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 19 January 2014

Thank you for taking time to write a review, we appreciate your business.

Reviewed 22 December 2013

We took this tour as the option to visit the Missions outside of town. Our tour guide, David, was friendly, accommodating and provided an informed narrative of the town's history.

edward t, Owner at Alamo Sightseeing Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 24 December 2013

Thank you for your comments and your patronage. We appreciate the opportunity to hear feedback from our guests. Merry Christmas!

Reviewed 6 December 2013

Visited SanAntonio with hub for conference & super excited to tour city/sights/Alamo. Signed up for the Grand Alamo Tour $54.99 which included: pick up at JW Marriott, riverwalk/boat tour, Alamo visit, Missions visit, Buckhorn Saloon, etc. Pros: Pick up at hotel! Absolute amazing courtesy and very nice for guests at the JW, b/c the tour begins downtown and is approx 40mins from the hotel. The destinations of the tour were fantastic, love the rich history of Texas and so proud to be an American :) Unfortunately, there were some Cons to this tour. I'm sure our tour guide TC is a very nice man, but as is in the case of any tour guided session- the guide makes or breaks it. It was odd and then turned infuriating as it seemed to the the folks on our tour that the guide was bent on deviating from the tour which we signed up for...to his own personal agenda. One of the biggest disappointments was the lack of time to visit the Alamo. It appeared the guide had connections with the Buckhorn Saloon and was pushing folks to eat at this establishment. Our group was dropped off at the Buckhorn which is a few blocks from the Alamo...and told we had about 45-50 mins to eat, shop, visit the Alamo and then meet back at the Menger hotel. THis was NOT enough time. The Menger Hotel was not even on the tour. TC required all folks back at a set time as he was going to give a personal tour of the Menger. Actually, it turned into a 20min tour of the gift shops...where we would receive 10% off. TC continually hounded us to shop. It was bizarre. My only conclusion is that the man prob receives a % or kickback from what is sold. I looked around and not one person spent money in the shops. I would have appreciated the extra 20 mins to stroll the Alamo! The tour is approx 8 hours long. This particular guide talks non-stop 8 hours straight. Now, I am a patient person and not easily perturbed...but by the end, I couldn't wait for quiet. It's okay to allow silence and not fill in every second with a story or quip. And please, please, please don't reference anything sexual. Even in jest, whether it's extra-curricular activities joke, or whatever. It's poor taste. Overall it was an interesting day with fabulous history but I wouldn't say it was fun. The last three hours was spent wishing for peace and quiet.

1  Thank Angie F
edward t, Owner at Alamo Sightseeing Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 10 December 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write your response. We appreciate your business and your input. We do offer an incredible service offering free pck up service from the JW Marriott to our ticket office. I am happy you enjoyed our city and all of our historcal treasures. At the same time am dissapointed you did not feel the same way about your guide. We do not have any arrangements with any gift shop at the Menger Hotel, however we do suggest the Buckhorn for lunch as it is convenient and reasonably priced. We also give our guests the opportunity to select there own eatery. We will pass on your comments to our guide and take the appropriate action to ensure your input is addressed.

Reviewed 26 October 2013

The grand tour is your best bet. Invest the day and see it all. The busses are comfortable and the guides are delightful. The only drawback is that the ticket office opened late and caused our tour to start 30 minutes after scheduled. The hill country tour gets a bit long, but seeing the LBJ whitehouse was worth it. I think the drivers might get kickbacks from some restaurants as they really push certain ones over others leaving us both times with average food.

Thank your for your business and taking the time to share your thoughts regarding our tour. We find your comments helpful to ensure our staff is aware of our customers feedback and areas we can improve our service.