Spent 3 nights in early April for a family vacation. Other family members joined a day later and staff accommodated by putting us in adjacent rooms...well done.
The rooms are fresh and modern, as is the rest of the hotel. We had two adults and two children in our room which was accommodated well with the kind bed and pull out sofa bed. The two beds can be separated with a curtain to manage light as needed. There is plenty of counter space and the complimentary juices, coffee and such in the lobby were a nice touch. The breakfast was a bit disappointing but tolerable.
Parking is available across the street for much less $ than valet parking but we did valet as they promised a secure lot. It is pricey though ($23/day + tax).
The Riverwalk is two short blocks down Navarro and the Alamo/Rivercenter Mall is three blocks down Houston street. Very good location.
The room air conditioning fan was very loud which is a bit annoying when watching TV and the pool is, frankly, a joke (it's a large hot tub). The workout room is basic but does include everything you need including free weights. If you are a running, I suggest running the riverwalk in the morning ahead of the crowds, it is great!
Hotel staff was helpful. The cleaning crew missed our room the first day but we were able to get fresh towels after mentioning to the staff.
We would stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Centrally located in San Antonio, the Home2 Suites by Hilton San Antonio Downtown - Riverwalk, TX hotel features an environmentally friendly renovation with a contemporary loft design. Nestled in a vibrant, urban neighborhood, our downtown San Antonio hotel is within walking distance of the Alamo, the River Walk, Hemisfair Park and the Henry B. Gonzalez Convention Center. Six Flags Fiesta Texas, SeaWorld and San Antonio Zoo are a short drive away. Plan an extended stay at our San Antonio Riverwalk hotel when visiting the HEB Corporate Headquarters, AT&T, Deloitte and other San Antonio companies. Feel at home in a studio or one-bedroom suite with a living area, fully equipped kitchen and movable furniture. Connect to free WiFi and an iHome clock radio with iPod and MP3 docks, or watch a movie on the 42-inch HDTV. Hang out at the Oasis, enjoy a free Inspired Table™ breakfast, watch television, or surf the web on your laptop or a business center computer. Swim in our indoor saline pool or multitask at Spin2 Cycle, where you can run on a treadmill while you run a load of wash. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, Travel Republic (UK), Hilton Hotels Direct, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your Home2 Suites by Hilton San Antonio Downtown - Riverwalk reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Home2 Suites By Hilton San Antonio-Downtown/Near The River Walk Hotel
- Home2 Suites By Hilton San Antonio Downtown - Riverwalk Texas