“The most amazing place to stay in San Antonio”

Home2 Suites by Hilton San Antonio Downtown - Riverwalk
Ranked #33 of 354 Hotels in San Antonio
New York City, New York
“The most amazing place to stay in San Antonio”
Reviewed 27 May 2012

I had the privilege of staying in the hotel for an extended stay, from Feb to Apr of 2012. The lobby at first was bright and huge, smelling of fresh apples, the room was well laid out, and contained a full refrigerator, dishwasher, microwave, and they had induction burners you could put in your room. My friend came to visit for a few days with his family of four and the room easily accommodated us, including a crib. And that's not even the best part . . . the staff became almost like family, so much so that I often found myself saying "when I get home" instead of "when I get to the hotel." They truly made this experience wonderful in so many ways, from being so helpful in all the ways a hotel staff should be, but even going that extra step and sharing their personal opinions and tricks on really getting to see and know this great city. Thanks Home2 staff! I miss you!

Room Tip: The rooms are laid out so differently, because it used to be an office building. Ask at the time of...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank joey b

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (119)
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
McKinney, Texas, United States
Reviewed 25 May 2012

First time staying at a Hilton Brands "Home2Suites"; nice, modern, contemporary concept. This property is located at the Corner of Houston & Navarro St., only a block away from the River Walk in Down Town San Antonio, so it's a great, central location for San Antonio tourism. The hotel is in an older building that has been renovated and is overall clean and well adorned. I would have given it an "excellent" rating but our room had an odd odor about it, akin to an old-folks home or something. It wasn't unbearable and I attributed it to the age of the building. The rooms are all Suites with a full kitchen (oven included) with full size appliances which is nice if you are planning on not eating out every meal. Great location and well worth the price paid (I actually used Hilton Honors points), but I think the average rate is about $129.00 per night which isn't bad for a nice hotel in downtown San Antonio. Helpful and friendly staff and within walking distance to so many sights (Alamo for instance), clubs, theaters (the Majestic is right down the same street) & restaurants. Highly recommend it if you are travelling to San Antonio!

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Glenn Q
Bergen County NJ
Reviewed 19 May 2012

I really liked this hotel alot.

Staff was extemely friendly and helpful. Rooms and common areas were very modern and looked very well maintained. If you chose to eat in, there was a nice little kitchenette. Great internet service.
Short walk to the riverwalk.

If I had one thing to complain about, the breakfast selection was a little light, well at least for my taste.

Given that, I would definitely consider Home 2 suites if I were to visit this area again. (And I hope too)

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
Durham, North Carolina
Reviewed 8 May 2012

Stayed here for a quick overnight after getting on a very early flight out of SAT the next morning.

The room was an excellent deal for $120 a night.

The hotel is quite new and looks it. Rooms are very kept up as are the common areas.

The front desk staff was very friendly as were the valets who unflinchingly 1) fetched my phone after I left it in my car (running down the street to grab the other valet) and 2) delivering my car to me at 5:15 in the morning.

The location is terrific - near the Alamo, the Riverwalk and lots and lots of restaurants. I highly recommend going to the Palm which is two doors down for the after 9:00 pm bar memu.

My only knock on the place is that my room did not have a tub - shower only. Not sure if this is the norm there, but if you are dying for a bathtub, better be sure to ask for it.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank itrade
Sugar Land, Texas
Reviewed 16 April 2012

I had a last minute trip to San Antonio and needed to find a hotel at 9:30pm on a Friday evening. This newest brand of Hilton seemed to fit the bill so I booked it sight unseen from my vehicle. What a surprise- clean, friendly staff and the room was adorable and well-thought out. I don't need a full suite when traveling by myself and the little kitchen area perfectly complemented the *studio* feel of the room. A perfect location on Houston and Navarro, just a block from the river and in the middle of everything. If the rest of this new brand continues along these lines it will become my *go-to* choice - for either business or pleasure. Absolutely no complaints whatsoever and the entire crew was friendly and efficient- I was especially impressed by a young lady named *Alex* who worked the front desk-she was above and beyond with me and everybody else I saw her attending to.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled solo
Palatine, Illinois
Reviewed 13 April 2012

My family (including 2 little ones) loved this place. Location is a block from the Riverwalk. The place was super clean, the staff was friendly, but the room setup was what we loved. Perfect layout if you have kids...including the sound curtain along the beds so that the kids can sleep while we made breakfast in the kitchen. Would highly recommend...and will certainly look to stay there again on my next trip.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
Raleigh
Reviewed 7 April 2012

Spent 3 nights in early April for a family vacation. Other family members joined a day later and staff accommodated by putting us in adjacent rooms...well done.

The rooms are fresh and modern, as is the rest of the hotel. We had two adults and two children in our room which was accommodated well with the kind bed and pull out sofa bed. The two beds can be separated with a curtain to manage light as needed. There is plenty of counter space and the complimentary juices, coffee and such in the lobby were a nice touch. The breakfast was a bit disappointing but tolerable.

Parking is available across the street for much less $ than valet parking but we did valet as they promised a secure lot. It is pricey though ($23/day + tax).

The Riverwalk is two short blocks down Navarro and the Alamo/Rivercenter Mall is three blocks down Houston street. Very good location.

The room air conditioning fan was very loud which is a bit annoying when watching TV and the pool is, frankly, a joke (it's a large hot tub). The workout room is basic but does include everything you need including free weights. If you are a running, I suggest running the riverwalk in the morning ahead of the crowds, it is great!

Hotel staff was helpful. The cleaning crew missed our room the first day but we were able to get fresh towels after mentioning to the staff.

We would stay here again.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family