My wife and I spent a weekend here and were very satisfied. The hotel is in a renovated building in downtown. Because of the limited downtown parking, the valet situation on arrival was a bit difficult because of the long line of cars on the city street during check-in. (The high price for valet parking is going to be encountered at just about any of the downtown hotels, so consider that a "wash" when doing comparisons). The lobby and rooms had a quirky (elevator wall covered with state license plates) but utilitarian feel. Our room had a large, flat-screen TV, as well as a large refrigerator, microwave, dishes, etc., which would be nice for longer stays. The location of the hotel is simply perfect. It is about a one-and-a-half block walk to an entrance to the below-street-level Riverwalk. This is a great access point from where you can stoll the length of the Riverwalk or take advantage of many of the great restaurants, snack/dessert shops, and stores. We enjoyed dining in the outside seating areas of several of the restaurants as the passenger barges went by in the river. After enjoying the Riverwalk, it was just a couple of minutes to get back to the hotel. This is a great hotel for a fun weekend to San Antonio for golf in the morning and Riverwalk lounging in the afternoon/evening. While the hotel is nice and convenient, it is not the type of hotel for a romantic getaway to San Antonio; there are plenty of nicer hotels along the River that are better suited for that.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Centrally located in San Antonio, the Home2 Suites by Hilton San Antonio Downtown - Riverwalk, TX hotel features an environmentally friendly renovation with a contemporary loft design. Nestled in a vibrant, urban neighborhood, our downtown San Antonio hotel is within walking distance of the Alamo, the River Walk, Hemisfair Park and the Henry B. Gonzalez Convention Center. Six Flags Fiesta Texas, SeaWorld and San Antonio Zoo are a short drive away. Plan an extended stay at our San Antonio Riverwalk hotel when visiting the HEB Corporate Headquarters, AT&T, Deloitte and other San Antonio companies. Feel at home in a studio or one-bedroom suite with a living area, fully equipped kitchen and movable furniture. Connect to free WiFi and an iHome clock radio with iPod and MP3 docks, or watch a movie on the 42-inch HDTV. Hang out at the Oasis, enjoy a free Inspired Table™ breakfast, watch television, or surf the web on your laptop or a business center computer. Swim in our indoor saline pool or multitask at Spin2 Cycle, where you can run on a treadmill while you run a load of wash. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton Hotels Direct, Booking.com, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Home2 Suites by Hilton San Antonio Downtown - Riverwalk reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Home2 Suites By Hilton San Antonio-Downtown/Near The River Walk Hotel
- Home2 Suites By Hilton San Antonio Downtown - Riverwalk Texas