Overall, this hotel was a great choice for my husband and I. We stayed here for three nights as part of a vacation at the end of Sept. '13. I'll start at the beginning... Since reading reviews before leaving, we planned to park in the garage across the street for $10/day. This worked out really well for us. Valet is $25/day or somewhere in that ballpark. Check-in was easy, the front desk staff was very nice. As a Hilton honors gold member, I sometimes get a snack/water at check-in, but here they gave us tickets for one each day. I thought that was a nice little extra. The layout of the room is GREAT. There is a kitchen area with fridge/sink/dishwasher/microwave/dishes etc. Cooktops can be checked out from the front desk. We didn't use those, but we used everything else and it was such a nice plus to have! Bathroom was fine, shower only-no tub. May be an issue for some. The room had a couch which we enjoy because it's annoying to have to feel like you have sit in bed all the time. Very comfortable bed/pillows etc. We needed extra pillows and they were brought to our room in less than 5 minutes. Also, this is a "green" hotel, so they have incorporated all kinds of things to waste less and for me, that is a HUGE benefit. Lots of recycling, happy to see all that. Nice views too. Staff was awesome...there was a fellow names George (I'm pretty sure) who sort of did it all and he was great. Used the laundry room once, no issues. There is a small pool, but it is nice for a little dip. Great fitness room. Yes, the location is downtown San Antonio, so there are some homeless people around at night...it's downtown in a City...that's the way it goes. You need a key to get in at night, so we felt secure. Breakfast was good. Oatmeal bar, open faced bfast sandwiches, waffles, toast/muffins, fruit, yogurt, juice, coffee, etc. Plenty for us. Really busy on the Sunday we were there, but almost empty on weekdays. The location is super convenient. We walked all over downtown and could come back here easily if needed. The one issue we had....the first night we had a roach in the room. I get it...older building, the climate, hard to keep them out...but it's not what you want to see in your hotel room, so I had to knock it down a little.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Centrally located in San Antonio, the Home2 Suites by Hilton San Antonio Downtown - Riverwalk, TX hotel features an environmentally friendly renovation with a contemporary loft design. Nestled in a vibrant, urban neighborhood, our downtown San Antonio hotel is within walking distance of the Alamo, the River Walk, Hemisfair Park and the Henry B. Gonzalez Convention Center. Six Flags Fiesta Texas, SeaWorld and San Antonio Zoo are a short drive away. Plan an extended stay at our San Antonio Riverwalk hotel when visiting the HEB Corporate Headquarters, AT&T, Deloitte and other San Antonio companies. Feel at home in a studio or one-bedroom suite with a living area, fully equipped kitchen and movable furniture. Connect to free WiFi and an iHome clock radio with iPod and MP3 docks, or watch a movie on the 42-inch HDTV. Hang out at the Oasis, enjoy a free Inspired Table™ breakfast, watch television, or surf the web on your laptop or a business center computer. Swim in our indoor saline pool or multitask at Spin2 Cycle, where you can run on a treadmill while you run a load of wash. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Hilton Hotels Direct and Booking.com so you can book your Home2 Suites by Hilton San Antonio Downtown - Riverwalk reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Home2 Suites By Hilton San Antonio-Downtown/Near The River Walk Hotel
- Home2 Suites By Hilton San Antonio Downtown - Riverwalk Texas