Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Home2 Suites by Hilton San Antonio Downtown - Riverwalk
Ranked #34 of 353 Hotels in San Antonio
VA
“Great location”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 January 2014

If you want to be centrally located or near the river walk this hotel is in a great location. The rooms are very modern and have the basic amenities. Breakfast is generally good and there are plenty of options. The eating area is a bit small and it can be hard to find a seat on the weekends. You can park your own car, but it didn't really seem convenient to me. Valet is super easy to use; however, in the mornings and early evening you should give them plenty of time.....as least 30 minutes. The hotel is downtown and therefore is not in the most quiet area. I have a white noise machine I used to help drown out the traffic. The hotel has this "green" cleaning schedule. That would be OK if the staff cleaned the rooms well on the "true" cleaning day or in-between visitors. My bathroom and my co-workers bathrooms were not all that clean when we arrived.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
gruiz1, General Manager at Home2 Suites by Hilton San Antonio Downtown - Riverwalk, responded to this review, 13 January 2014
Thank you so much for your feedback, it is much appreciated.

I apologize for the lack of cleanliness in the bathroom, I can assure you I will look into this to ensure it does not happen again, thank you for bringing this to my attention.

I am glad that you enjoyed our location and the area.

I hope that in the future you will give us another opportunity to service you.

Have a wonderful day and again, thank you.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (117)
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
Richmond, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 January 2014

Home2 was very convenient to the Riverwalk and surrounding attractions. Brand new and staff was very helpful. The street noise was pretty loud and they had ear plugs available, but I never heard the traffic once I laid down.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Home2 Suites by Hilton

Thank you so much for your positive review. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed the hotel and staff.,

I hope that when you are back in San Antonio you will choose us to be your home away from home.

Again, thank you!
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 January 2014

A wonderful place to stay with your pet. The hotel was extremely accommodating and the staff went out of their way to make the dog feel welcome. There is a park just a block away which allowed us to walk her without problems.

Review collected in partnership with Home2 Suites by Hilton

gruiz1, General Manager at Home2 Suites by Hilton San Antonio Downtown - Riverwalk, responded to this review, 8 January 2014
Thank you so much for your feedback. I am so glad that we were able to accommodate you and your pets while here in San Antonio!

Again, thank you. Have a wonderful day and we look forward to your next stay with us!
San Antonio, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 January 2014

We stayed here twice in November for events at the Alamodome. We were very last-minute in booking a hotel so everything close to the Dome was full. We wound up here, and it's an excellent location for good restaurants and access to the Riverwalk. If you are in town for an event at the convention center or the Dome, you need to be aware that it's a pretty healthy walk to those venues. It's not impossible--my husband and I are in our early 60s and we managed just fine. One advantage of the walk is that you get a good look at some of downtown San Antonio The hotel has a very modern, cosmopolitan décor that's nicely done. Our check-in for both stays was effortless. The young lady who checked us in the second time was especially helpful and pleasant. The rooms are large since they are suites. The beds had absolutely the best mattresses I've slept on in any hotel. We didn't need to take advantage of the kitchens, but they were equipped with everything you would need to cook and serve a meal. The indoor pool is small, but very attractive with lights that change colors under the water. This was November and it was pretty chilly outside, but the water was nice and warm. We intended to have breakfast in their dining area on one morning, but it was noisy, crowded, messy, and cluttered. They seemed to be having trouble keeping up with clearing away dishes and cleaning tables. If you're staying here, take some time to read the literature in the room about their "green" policy. This was a plus for me. The rooms have recycling containers, and Hilton has used products made with recycled materials throughout the hotel. It's good to be aware that their green policy also means they don't do a full-scale clean-up in your room every day of your stay. I don't know if we were staying her at an off-peak time, but the room rate was very reasonable for a downtown hotel. I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view. The first time we stayed here, our room overlooked an alley. When we che...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
gruiz1, General Manager at Home2 Suites by Hilton San Antonio Downtown - Riverwalk, responded to this review, 6 January 2014
Thank you so much for your valuable feedback. It is very much appreciated. I can assure you I will revisit the set up in breakfast to ensure a more enjoyable experience for you and other future guests.

I am so happy to hear you enjoyed your stay in our beautiful city.

Thank you and have a wonderful day, we look forward to your next visit!
Walnut, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 January 2014

Wonderful breakfast area, clean rooms and comfortable beds. Nice staff and close to downtown Riverwalk (2 blocks) in San Antonio. Would definitely stay here again. Pool area small, but the kids still had fun.

Review collected in partnership with Home2 Suites by Hilton

Thank you so much for your positive review. It is very much appreciated. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed the hotel and the pool area as well. And I am also happy to hear you had a pleasant experience with our staff.

Again, thank you and we hope to see you again in the future!
Herndon, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 December 2013

The room was MUCH larger than I anticipated. From pictures I expected a small work area, instead it was as big if not bigger than the sleeping area. I knew it would be close to the Riverwalk and it was. There are some very nice restaurants in easy walking distance -- if you don't like the hotel's continental breakfast the Original Blanco Café is a block away.

Review collected in partnership with Home2 Suites by Hilton

Thank you so much for your positive feedback, it is much appreciated. I am glad that you enjoyed our rooms and also our local Blanco Café restaurant.

Again, thank you and I hope to see you again in the future!
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 December 2013

The lobby area is bright and well appointed. The front desk is so informal I walked past it. The staff was very friendly and helpful with directions. The common areas are quite intimate and have a bed and breakfast feel. The design colors are a tranquil eggshell, green, and yellow. There are architectual drawings of the building used as art on many of the floors which detail the renovations. The room was spacious enough for two large boys not to trip over each other. The kitchen counter space was sufficient for preparing a family meal and a dining table was hidden under the desk. The room was complete with dishes, a dishwasher, and a fridge for the leftovers. The pool is heated, although it is an indoor pool which made it nice for my boys to take a dip. The pool area is quite tranquil with comfortable lounge chairs, music, and a sliver of sunlight as the windows are frosted to allow for privacy.

Review collected in partnership with Home2 Suites by Hilton

gruiz1, General Manager at Home2 Suites by Hilton San Antonio Downtown - Riverwalk, responded to this review, 31 December 2013
Thank you so much for your feedback. It is very much appreciated. I hope that when you are in San Antonio, you will choose Home2 Suites by Hilton for your Home away from home!

Have a wonderful day and safe travels always!