Home2 Suites by Hilton San Antonio Downtown - Riverwalk
Ranked #28 of 358 Hotels in San Antonio
Reviewed 21 February 2014

Great hotel near the river walk! The staff was very friendly. Excellent large rooms with almost a full kitchen and very clean. Lots of shops and restaurants within walking distance. It is only a few minute walk to the heart of the river walk. You can also walk to the Alamo, which is only a few blocks away. I stay in many hotels very often and would definitely recommend this one. I would absolutely stay here again.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jennifer M
gruiz1, General Manager at Home2 Suites by Hilton San Antonio Downtown - Riverwalk, responded to this reviewResponded 24 February 2014

Thank you so much for your positive review. We enjoyed having you as a guest and we look forward to your next stay with us!

Reviewed 15 February 2014

The one time we fail to use the additional door locks… At 3:30am someone opened the door to our room and briefly entered. My wife woke up and pushed me to wake me up. By the time I woke up the door had closed and whoever had opened it had run off. The front desk later rekeyed our door and later left a message that they may have made a mistake and issued our room key to another guest. No comps. Very scary. Be careful no matter where you stay.

BTW, breakfast isn't very good. The coffee stinks. No room safe.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. I apologize that the front desk made an error and that this occurred. The security of our guests is of the upmost importance to us and again, my apologies.

I can assure you I will share this with my team to avoid this ever happening again in the future, I can also assure you that this was an isolated incident.

Again, thank you.

Reviewed 14 February 2014

The hotel was clean and the location was great. I will definitely stay here again. The beds were full size beds and they were a bit small, so next time I will request a king bed instead. The hotel was in walking distance from all of the landmarks so it was very easy to get to them without having to move the car everyday. The valet parking was very nice as well. We had no problems getting our car when we were ready to leave.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Home2 Suites by Hilton

Thank you so much for your positive feedback! We hope that you will visit us again in the near future!

Have a wonderful day and again, thank you!

Reviewed 11 February 2014

Parking costs varied from day to day. Rooms were nice and roomy, beds super nice and comfy. Main complaint was the continental breakfast setup. Slow long line and only one waffle maker that failed to make any non-torn apart waffles... it was a mess and kept the line stuck - No decent egg type meal besides a horrible packaged up muffin with cheese and 2 crumbles of fake egg on top- no bacon or meat- cold hard boiled eggs was all the protein offered. If you like cold cereal and maybe a yogurt this breakfast will work for you. Staff was friendly and location was good. Nice, clean hotel - just needs a decent breakfast.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Home2 Suites by Hilton

Thank you so much for your feedback. I appreciate that you enjoyed the staff and the beds. I apologize for the issues you had in our breakfast area. I can assure you that we are making changes in the food offerings as well as the space and the way it is configured.

Again, thank you and I hope that we are able to service you in the future,

Have a wonderful day!

Reviewed 10 February 2014

Nice hotel, great staff, wonderful breakfast. Close enough to walk everywhere. Convenient location. We will definitely stay at this hotel again in the future. Big rooms and nice kitchen area. Bed was super comfortable. Internet was reliable enough to work from our room. Nice big TV.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Home2 Suites by Hilton

Thank you so much for your positive feedback. It was a pleasure having you as a guest, we look forward to your next stay with us!

Reviewed 10 February 2014

The staff was friendly, the rooms clean and cheerful, and having breakfast on the premises was very enjoyable before heading off to business meetings. A short walk to the River Walk and other city sites.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Home2 Suites by Hilton
gruiz1, General Manager at Home2 Suites by Hilton San Antonio Downtown - Riverwalk, responded to this reviewResponded 13 February 2014

Hi there -

Thank you so much for your positive review. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed the hotel.

We look forward to your next stay with us! Have a wonderful day and again, thank you!

Reviewed 9 February 2014 via mobile

I was very impressed with the cleanliness, location and courteous staff in this hotel. Sandy, Joe and Abby were very nice to me and my family from now on when we go to SA this is our place. Breakfast was yummy. Bless them all. I would recommend it. Jrodz513

Stayed: January 2014

Good Morning -

I am so happy to hear that we will be your home away from home when you are in San Antonio! I will personally thank Sandy, Joe, and Abby for a job well done.

Thank you so much for your positive feedback, we look forward to your next stay with us!!

Have a great day!