“Clean, great location and friendly”

Home2 Suites by Hilton San Antonio Downtown - Riverwalk
Ranked #34 of 357 Hotels in San Antonio
Reviewed 19 May 2014

I stayed at this hotel for business purposes and the staff was so friendly and helpful. The lobby, meeting rooms and guest rooms were very clean. The location was just a block from the riverwalk and lots of good restaurants. Definitely a place to stay for a longer than usual hotel stay.

Review collected in partnership with Home2 Suites by Hilton
gruiz1, General Manager at Home2 Suites by Hilton San Antonio Downtown - Riverwalk, responded to this reviewResponded 27 May 2014

Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us! It is much appreciated!

Come back and see us soon!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,106)

Reviewed 19 May 2014

The hotel is a great find in the downtown San Antonio area. The rooms are great and provide a wonderful experience. There is a Walgreens across from the hotel for convenient necessities to take advantage of the amenities in your room. You are a short walk to the Riverwalk and the staff are great at recommending activities and resteraunts. Parking is valet only and can be a long wait in the mornings.

1  Thank Matthew B

Thank you so much for your most valued response!

We enjoyed having you as a guest, please come back and see us soon!

Reviewed 15 May 2014

The suites are very roomy and feel much like home. Huge TV that you can actually sit on the couch and watch. Close to River Walk, many eateries, vast array of shopping opportunities. I was disappointed that there was no toiletries in the bathroom, but Walgreens is right across the street. You could tell that Hilton takes pride in this hotel. I will stay there again if I ever return to San Antonio.

Review collected in partnership with Home2 Suites by Hilton
gruiz1, General Manager at Home2 Suites by Hilton San Antonio Downtown - Riverwalk, responded to this reviewResponded 19 May 2014

Thank you so much for your valuable feedback!

We look forward to seeing you again in the future!

Reviewed 14 May 2014

The staff here at Home2Suites will make it their priority to provide comfort for you! any questions for directions or concerns I had for my stay were answered with a great smile by the staff. Also, They valet was extremely helpful and courteous in helping me with my bags to my room. Love those guys!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Home2 Suites by Hilton

Thank you so much for your feedback! I am so glad you enjoyed my staff!

We look forward to seeing you again in the future!

Reviewed 14 May 2014

Clean, bright, fresh smelling rooms. The hotel staff very helpful and friendly. The meeting room was well lit and provided all the accomodations. The hotel is within walking distance to major attractions such as The Riverwalk and the Alamo.

Review collected in partnership with Home2 Suites by Hilton

Thank you so much for your positive review, we really appreciate the time you took to share your experience. A

Again, thank you and I hope to see you again in the future!

Reviewed 13 May 2014

Stayed for three nights while we had repairs done to our home.
Full size fridge allowed us to save our food items from home.
Also, there was laundry facility on site that was only 50 cents per wash!
Nice breakfast and helpful front desk

Room Tip: We asked for a room that doesn't face the street. No view, but nice and quiet
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family

Thank you so much for your positive review. It was valuable feedback!

We look forward to your next stay with us!

Reviewed 12 May 2014

This is not the Waldorf... This is not the Ritz... But this DEFINITIVELY IS a great value and location - regardless of whether you're on business or family travel.

I traveled on business. Easy check-in... They even got me my room 3 hours in advance of the normal time. Restaurants and bars throughout the area - walking distance - no taxi needed. Less than 5 minute walk to the riverwalk.

Room was huge... Big televisions that the kids will love... Room for cots - easily - if needed. Room was very clean... No mold or musty smells...I'm asthmatic so I know the difference.

I've read some of the older reviews - and I didn't hear a peep. Room 311 if you're trying to mimic the sleeping experience.

Hotel had, what appeared to be, brand new furnishings... Coffee available all day long. The staff are extremely friendly and genuinely hoping you have a great stay.

Breakfast was outstanding... Lots of choices - mostly on the healthy side - but enough selection for the most picky eaters (kids)... My only catch here is that there weren't enough drink selections... Would have been nice to have a soda / bottled water / iced tea with my meal. However, the food quality and selections were great - even if on the go.

Bottom line is this... I would bring my family here because it has as pool / they can eat a big breakfast / there's room for them to go crazy / and it's a great value - cheaper than staying on the riverwalk itself. Since I stayed I've gotten 3 emails thanking me for my stay and wanting to know if everything was alright... Even at check-out everyone wanted to know if I was happy.

I have never stayed at a Home2 Suites before, but this stay will ensure that I try it again. Safe travels....

Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank VA2Fargo2VA

Thank you so much for your positive review! It is much appreciated and we look forward to your next stay with us!