“Great location close to Riverwalk and Alamo”

Home2 Suites by Hilton San Antonio Downtown - Riverwalk
Ranked #29 of 358 Hotels in San Antonio
Reviewed 15 July 2014

We were on a 7 day vacation through Texas with our grandson and decided to include a stay in San Antonio. Since we wanted to spend time along the Riverwalk and visit the Alamo without breaking our budget this became a perfect choice. Friendly staff, and very clean throughout. This was our first stay here and it will not be our last.

1  Thank Nolajeaux
gruiz1, General Manager at Home2 Suites by Hilton San Antonio Downtown - Riverwalk, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2014

Have a great day and we look forward to your next stay with us!

There are newer reviews for Home2 Suites by Hilton San Antonio Downtown - Riverwalk

Reviewed 15 July 2014

Stayed for Family Reunion. Staff was very friendly and helpful. No problems at all. Very small pool though! Excellent breakfast. Nice size rooms and accomodations. Great Location. Conveniently located to all attractions on Riverwalk, downtown.

1  Thank Tiffany F

Thank you so much for sharing your positive experience with us!

We hope you come back and see us real soon!

Reviewed 14 July 2014

Let me start with the good news! The hotel is very close to the river-walk and the staff was very friendly and helpful!! The bad news! They charge 25$ per day to park!! No choice! It takes 15 to 20 minutes to get your car and yes the valet expects a tip every time!! (they stand there looking at you like well? my tip?) No I did not tip every time but I did give a 5.00 tip at the end of our stay! The noise is horrible but they do tell let you know in the room that they have earplugs! LOL The windows were so dirty that you truly can barely see out of them!! Pay a little more and stay on the river-walk!!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business

I am so sorry to hear about your experience.

I truly appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback.

Downtown San Antonio does not offer complimentary parking in hotels, restaurants, or attractions. I am sorry that you felt valet was waiting for tips and this is not in their character. I will certainly pass this along to valet management.

I can assure you I take your concerns seriously as we aim to please all guests.

Again, my apologies.

Reviewed 12 July 2014

I was on a business trip. Pros: location one block from the Riverwalk, and my room was large. It also has a full kitchen with dishwasher and full size fridge, utensils, plates, etc - which I did not use. The place was relatively clean (see comments under cons.)
Cons: No restaurant. The "hot" breakfast meant that you had to take a plastic wrapped sausage/biscuit and microwave it. It was not good at all. Other hot food was make your own waffle (yes, you poured it in yourself.) After watching someone do this, I passed. Then I opted for the cereal and milk (no fresh fruit, only canned or dried.) The milk was actually spoiled! Last option - toasting a bagel, which I did for the remainder of the trip. Management really needs to step up their quality control. Room - large as I mentioned (room 714) but carpet was stained in two places. Two pillows provided were rather lumpy. Check In - was fine for my Sunday afternoon arrival, but a bit awkward. Passed right by the check in desk, and didn't know it! One small counter, one attendant - in the breakfast area. Folks behind me from England complained about how slow it was, they likely checked in at a more busy time. If you are a fan of Hilton, or collecting points, take your family to the Embassy Suites just down the street a couple blocks away and also close to the Riverwalk. But it is likely higher priced.

Room Tip: Room 714 or similar on other floors was large, although close to elevator. One elevator was not wor...
2  Thank emeraldcoast
gruiz1, General Manager at Home2 Suites by Hilton San Antonio Downtown - Riverwalk, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2014

Thank you for filling out our survey. We apologize that you had a less than enjoyable stay.

I can assure you that we aim for our guests to be happy and I apologize again that you were not.

I hope that when you are in San Antonio again, you will give us another opportunity to service you.

Have a great day and again, thank you.

Reviewed 9 July 2014

Excellent hotel, well located to access the river walk and all downtown attractions. Highly recommend this hotel. Great for family activities and easy to find when you enter the downtown area. We had a great view of the fire works display from our 6th floor room. Felt secure walking around in the evenings in this area. Convenient valet parking or you can access parking across the street. Easy check in and staff very willing to assist with any request.

Review collected in partnership with Home2 Suites by Hilton
gruiz1, General Manager at Home2 Suites by Hilton San Antonio Downtown - Riverwalk, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2014

Reviewed 8 July 2014

Good location. That's the best part about this hotel. Building itself is old but they it is redone to look modern on the inside. My room was actually very big because I had a corner. Modern styled interior with kitchenette. Like I said this is an old building. Windows were thin so lots of street noise. Loud and dusty air conditioning. Sorry excuse for a pool and it's indoors ... in texas? It's maybe 20 ft by 8 ft. Worst part was the $28 valet parking ... because that's the only option for parking there.

Review collected in partnership with Home2 Suites by Hilton
gruiz1, General Manager at Home2 Suites by Hilton San Antonio Downtown - Riverwalk, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2014

Thank you for filling out our survey. We apologize that you did not enjoy our pool or our valet parking.

Have a great day and again, thank you.

Reviewed 8 July 2014

We booked this hotel through the San Antonio Golf Trail. It was very convenient to everything downtown. The valet out front is great and the rooms are great for business travel. Plenty of room to work, a great refrigerator, microwave, etc. the bathroom is sufficient and the towels are average. The bed is way above average in size and comfort. Nice linens that don't feel cheap. Great value for the price and real silverware at complimentary breakfast.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business