“less than a motel 6”

Ranked #291 of 354 Hotels in San Antonio
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
“less than a motel 6”
Reviewed 21 July 2011

Not even close to the Riverwalk. Nasty looking rooms. Smelled moldy. Looked old and dirty. My dog would not even walk on the carpet.

Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
gautamshah, General Manager at The Inn at Market Square Downtown, responded to this review, 26 July 2011
we here at the Days Inn Strive make every guest comfortable , please accept my appologies , We are in process of remodelling , (complete Face lift of the room along with the New carpet ) , We have already completed about 65% of the room . Rest is planned to complete before the end of the year . Also we do have specially assigned rooms for the guest with pet. Once again please accept my appologies & if future travel bring you to San Antonio ,i assure to offer best of our services .

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Gent, Belgium
Reviewed 14 May 2010

Hotel is very well located close to the Alama and the Riverwalk.
Good price for what you get.
We stayed for 3 nights in 2 rooms for two couples.
One room: no problems.
Other room: not well cleaned, problems with electricity (some lights did not work, no electricity at plugs). Nobody knew how to solve (except whennwe left!). The last night we were offered to move to another room, but we did not do it, because it was too late at night. The manager gave us a reduction on the bill as a compensation.
Although close to highway, no noise.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled as a couple

Travellers are raving about these San Antonio hotels

Dallas
Reviewed 11 May 2010

I would not recommend anyone stay here. Is located right beside a traintrack and the trains run though all night - kept me awake. The front desk manager is very rude and even threatened me. I complained to the owner but he did not care. This hotel is in a bad area right off the freeway and I had panhandlers asking for money. Is not even close to the riverwalk as the name implies and I don't know how they getting away with having "Riverwalk" in their name.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled solo
Texas
Reviewed 12 April 2010

My son stayed here with a school group for a state event. The hotel was dirty and in an unsafe neighborhood. He says he was afraid to lay his head down on the linens, and the carpet was filthy. The school wouldn't let the teacher book elsewhere because it was cheaper.

• Stayed April 2010
Reviewed 31 December 2009

Booked this online with the title thinking it was close to the riverwalk. It's not though a short drive don't walk it's a bad area. Totally noisy!! Every room next to you - you can hear when they shower or flush the toilet. It was so loud I couldn't hear the tv on the loudest volume. I got stupid flyers shoved through the door all evening and even after 9pm - hello solisiters just walking around shoving things into the doors!!!! Boy I feel safe - NOT. Don't do it. Stay somewhere else. Spend a little more or drive a little farther at least you will not have to worry about noise and safety!!!

• Stayed April 2010
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 15 October 2009

Not even close to the Riverwalk. I got this hotel through Hotwire, and was really disappointed. Hotwire really needs to provide a safety rating and specify whether the hotel has interior or exterior corridors. We did not feel safe at this hotel. Arrived late and the manager had the lobby locked and we had to check in through a window outside while people were walking by on the street. When walking to the room, we had to go past two people arguing and cursing at each other on the steps. The room was ok. The plug in the bathroom did not work, so the hairdryer was unusable because it was attached to the wall. The hotel is near the freeway, and there is very little if any soundproofing. The cars were very loud. We would also hear the tv from the room below us. I would not recommend this hotel. If I had not prepaid for the room, I would have gone somewhere else.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled with family
Wichita Kansas
Reviewed 6 August 2009

We went to San Antonio for a graduation at Lackland AFB, we went through 3 rooms before I finally just got my own cleaning supplies and cleaned myself. Due to booking through expedia they wouldnt give us any money back and expedia wouldnt do their part to make it better either. When we complained to the staff the man on nights told me he has never ever had a complaint on cleanliness before and that good clean people stay here, the daytime staff was very rude as well and unhelpful.. The staff refused to give me the owners name or email address and the general manager said he would authorize a 20% refund off everynight but then never followed through.

I have stayed at many Days Inns but this one ruined it for me forever. I have never in all my r=years of traveling, and this was our fourth vacation this summer alone, have I ever stayed in such a nasty run down motel.

Should the owner ever read this I truelly hope you follow up and do soemthing about your property

• Stayed July 2009, travelled with family