“DISGUSTING!!”

Ranked #153 of 355 Hotels in San Antonio
Fort Worth, Texas
“DISGUSTING!!”
Reviewed 6 June 2011

Our flight was diverted to San Antonio due to bad weather. The airline put us up in a hotel...we had no choice in the matter unless we wanted to pay for it out of our pocket. So, this is where we ended up. We get there along with 30-40 others from our flight and there is one (1) person working to check people in. So, you can imagine how long this took. Absolutely disgusting is the only words I can find. We walk in our room and it was filthy. There was dirt and trash all over the floor. I went into the bathroom and immediately stopped and backed up because there were dead roaches on the floor. In the meantime, my fiance pulled back the bedspread and a bug ran out from underneath. I have never stayed in a hotel that was so gross!! It was 4:00 a.m. by the time they got us in a room and we had to leave at 7:00 a.m. to be back at the airport. Needless to say, no sleep was had!! Everyone I spoke to that was on our flight said the exact same thing about their room. I don't normally write reviews, but I wouldn't allow my dog to stay here.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
spark5683, General Manager at Red Roof Inn San Antonio - Airport, responded to this review, 7 June 2011
Thank you for taking the time to let us know of your concerns about your visit to our hotel. Our property takes any and all comments good or bad very seriously. I would like to apologize for the length of time that it took to check you in, as it was a surprise to you that you were being rerouted we understand that delays can be taxing and regret we added to the stress. The conditions of your room is not one we want repeated and have already passed this information to our housekeeping staff and used your review as a learning tool so that future guest will not have the same experience. We would like to extend an invitation to return so that you may see the improvements to our property.
(210)333-9430 i0223@redroof.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Reviewed 3 June 2011

The room was very small which would have been OK except for other problems. The bathtub was dirty on the bottom, the bed was very stiff, we found garbage under the bed, and the shower cutains were too short causing water to flood the bathroom floor. When we checked in the boy at the desk was not able to answer any simple questions and was far more interested in watching the TV in the lobby. The next morning, I spoke with a lady at the desk about the distance to Padre Island from Corpus Christi. She told us it was five hours south (which would be Mexico). We found out later it was acutally part of Corpus Christi and was a 20 minute drive off of the main land. Also, the computer in the lobby required a credit card to acess the internet. Overall, too many different problems to stay again.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
spark5683, General Manager at Red Roof Inn San Antonio - Airport, responded to this review, 6 June 2011
Thank you for taking the time to let us know of your concerns about your stay at our property, we are truly sorry that you were given a room in that condition and would never expect anyone to be any less upset than you were. I have taken this response to our staff and used it as a learning tool for them so they can better understand that all experiences at our property are important to us good or bad. Our number one goal is 100% customer satisfaction and we sincerely apologize for you not feeling this way. We apologize for the misunderstanding of the driving instructions it does take three and a half hours to drive without any stops and it is south of our city. We usually give our guest maps so that they may see that with gas or food stops and sightseeing it could be a 5 hour drive. We will print this review up so that our employees can see how important it is to print up a map for our guest. Our property has free internet access and you were charged for the use of the computer not the internet and do apologize for this confusion. Again we would like to thank you for posting your concerns and hope that you will allow us another opportunity to serve you again in the future so that you may see the improvements since your departure.

Chicago
Reviewed 26 May 2011

Made a reservation at this hotel due to a later arrival, knowing we would not be spending many hours here. Later became very late, as we arrived at 2:30AM. We had difficulty finding it, and the desk clerk talked us through the directions. The room was small, but clean. The bed was fairly comfortable, but the pillows were rather lumpy. There was a car in the parking lot with someone sitting in it and I mentioned it to the desk clerk, who walked out to check. Don't know if he went any further as we went to bed. The morning checkout clerk was very friendly and coffee was available. In the daylight,we saw the location was next to 281, and if I had googled directions, we would have found it more easily, Can't beat the location and the price.

Room Tip: Ask for largest room available
  • Stayed May 2011, travelled on business
spark5683, Manager at Red Roof Inn San Antonio - Airport, responded to this review, 27 May 2011
Thank you for taking the time to post a review about your stay at our hotel. We are happy that we were able to help you navigate your way to our property; we truly understand that driving at night can be difficult. We apologize that your pillows were not to your satisfaction and will take note of this comment and pass it on to laundry to replace flat or lumpy pillows. As for the parking lot issue we always take it seriously when a guest has a valid concern and can assure you that our employee verified that it was a guest in our hotel. Safety of our guests’ is our number one concern and thank you for bringing it to the clerk’s attention. We are very pleased to hear that your departure was met with a friendly face and good cup of java. We are happy to know that you liked our location and that the price was a good value for you. We do hope that you will return and look forward to serving you again in the future.
Anchorage, Alaska
Reviewed 7 May 2011

I booked this hotel because of the review and it was just as described.
Relaxing and clean hotel. Also quiet rooms.
Especially the service was great and staff was very helpful and friendly!
They made the stay great.
Great location. It is perfect for an early morning flight.
Compared to the other hotels in this area of the same price range, Red roof was best!!
Can't get much better stay than this hotel for the price.
I would not hesitate to stay at this hotel on my next visit.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
spark5683, General Manager at Red Roof Inn San Antonio - Airport, responded to this review, 9 May 2011
Thank you for taking the time to leave such a nice comment about your stay at our property here in San Antonio. We are very pleased to hear that we were able to meet all of your expectations and that you enjoyed your accommodations. It is our staffs’ mission to welcome our guest with a friendly and helpful attitude ensuring a pleasant experience with our brand. We are happy to hear that our location was also helpful to your travels allowing you’re a little extra rest and less stress. Again thank you for leaving a review and we look forward to serving you again in the future.
san antonio texas
Reviewed 28 April 2011

First of, I booked this hotel through a 3rd party website, and it was rated as a 2-star. I would not give it that high a rating. I would rate it as a 1-star. The hotel is run down, the parking lot is very run down. There seemed to be a lot of people milling around, which I never like to see, but I guess that is out of the control of the hotel's. The hotel looked old, the hallways smelled - I guess of smoke and/or mildew. When I got into room, I was disgusted. Room looked old and run down. Mattresses were very thin and lumpy, and uncomfortable. Shower was hard to mess with. No water pressure. No cold water. I took a shower in hot water. Towels were very thin, and rough, and not enough were provided. Shower curtain did not cover the entire tub, so water ran outside to the floor. I called front office and expressed my dissatisfaction. They tried to rectify it by offering me another room, which was a handicapped room, which I did not like, as there was no tub, but rather an open shower stall. Finally, they put me up in a room that was satisfactory. My review is this - I don't think this hotel deserves a 2-star rating. It is definitely a 1-star, and so, expect what you would expect from a 1-star hotel. But, in their favor, their staff was good in rectifying the situation, and in the end providing me with a room I was satisfied with. My closing statement, is that this is not a high end hotel, and don't expect that.

Room Tip: Cheap 1-star hotel, good if on budget
  • Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
spark5683, General Manager at Red Roof Inn San Antonio - Airport, responded to this review, 29 April 2011
I would like to thank you for taking the time to let us know about your concerns about your stay at our hotel. I would like to first reassure you that our property is covered by 24 hour audio and video surveillance along with overnight security for the parking area as well as the hotel lobby and common areas. Our hotel parking is on private property; only guest and employees are allowed to be in that area loitering is prohibited and will monitor the parking area more frequently to enforce this rule. We would like to sincerely apologize for not meeting your expectations during your stay and take your comments very seriously. We will forward all the information that you have provided in your review to the proper departments so that the issues you had encountered will not be repeated to another future guest. Feed back is a means to correct any and all issues of dissatisfaction so we can provide a welcoming and comfortable environment. We are however pleased that our staff was able to accommodate you with another room providing you with one that you were happy with. Again we truly regret that you had that experience and would like to invite you back to see the improvements made since your departure.
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed 9 April 2011

Having not been to San Antonio for 20 years, I researched budget hotels near the airport extensively on Tripadvisor. Red Roof was running a promotion for redicard members and I chose this property both for the decent reviews and the promotion.

For the price and proximity to the airport, this was a very good deal. My Superior King room was clean and the staff was very accommodating and friendly. The internet access was free and worked without problems. My only problem all weekend was not enough towels the first night. A request to the front desk for more was handled speedily and without question.

Highly recommend this property for the budget vacation traveler.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled with friends
spark5683, General Manager at Red Roof Inn San Antonio - Airport, responded to this review, 22 April 2011
Thank you for taking time out of your day to leave such a nice review about your stay at our property, as you understand that future guest base their choices upon reviews such as yours. As a Redicard member there are special promotions that we give to our members as a special “thank you” for loyalty to our brand. We are very happy that we were able to accommodate you with all of your needs and that your experience was one you were happy with. We would also like to apologize for the lack of linen in your room but happy that our staff rectified the problem immediately. Hope to see you again in the future and again thank you.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 23 March 2011

this was the cheapest, closest hotel to the airport I could find and picked it because we had a 6 am flight. The room we got had a smell. It is hard to say what the smell was, a combination of disinfectant and dank is the best I can describe it. Because we were exhausted from SXSW in Austin and wanted to get downtown and check out the city , we didnt complain and just went out for a few hours, came back and crashed. The rest of the place, stairwells, lobby were ok but also didnt smell great and its not clear the AC worked in the stairwells which contributed to the dank/humid feeling. In fairness, we got our money's worth, two minutes to the car rental return but I can't recommend the hotel for anyone who plans to stay in the room for any period of time.

Stayed March 2011, travelled with friends
spark5683, General Manager at Red Roof Inn San Antonio - Airport, responded to this review, 24 March 2011
Thank you for taking your time to leave a comment about your experience with our hotel, we appreciate all comments and take them seriously. We apologize for the odor and will immediately address this issue with all areas including but not limited to the areas you described. On the other hand we are happy that our price was good for your budget and the location was convenient allowing you to spend some time in our great city. We do hope that we may serve you again in the future so that we can show you improvements to our property.