“Nice comfy hotel”

Ranked #142 of 354 Hotels in San Antonio
Battle Creek, Michigan
“Nice comfy hotel”
Reviewed 30 July 2014

Excellent staff that will go the extra mile for all guest. Very clean rooms, comfortable beds. It was a pleasure staying at this home away from home. When I return to Texas in next coming months I will stay at this location #223 San Antonio Airport.. I had a horrible experience at another red roof location but Lucy and Darlene stellar service #223 location made up for what I experienced at the franchised red roof. I will continue to stay at red roof only if it's a corporate location.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Darlene S, General Manager at Red Roof Inn San Antonio - Airport, responded to this review, 7 August 2014
Thank you so much for such a glowing review about our location. I do remember how distraught you were when you arrived and so thankful I was able to lighten your spirits especially towards our brand. I do understand how upset you were about the other location; however we do have franchised properties that are wonderful like our Corpus Christie South padre location. (I visit this property often and love it). Trip Advisor is a wonderful way to see what people truly think of their experience and I am very grateful for your glowing review. I will be sure to share this with Lucy as I am positive it will bring a smile to her face. Thank you again for writing a review and for giving our brand another chance.

Darlene J

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Reviewed 28 July 2014

John at the front was very helpful and made us feel welcome. The room was very clean and is close to the areas that we needed to be. I would stay here again and recommend this hotel to family and friends. I was only planning to stay one night but will more than likely stay longer

• Stayed July 2014
Thank you for writing such a nice review about your experience with our hotel. I am super happy to hear that our team (especially John) was welcoming and made you feel comfortable during your stay. We love having our guest leave happy and satisfied. I appreciate your information for future guest about our great location. We are minutes from the airport, shopping and great restaurant's. Thank you again and we look forward to serving you again when you return to our area.

Reviewed 28 July 2014

This little hidden spot is fabulous for the amount of money you pay!! I mean it's no Hilton but rooms clean and nice little upgrades! John at the front desk is an amazing guy and made our stay unforgettable with his awesome customer service and just genuinely interested in your happiness!!

• Stayed July 2014
Darlene S, General Manager at Red Roof Inn San Antonio - Airport, responded to this review, 29 July 2014
Thank you for writing such a great review about our hotel and service you received. I am so happy to hear that you were thrilled with John's service as I know he will be pleased as well. He does make it a point to treat all of our guest as if they are the only ones in the hotel. He has a true desire to wish only the best for our guest and loves to accommodate them from the minute they step in the door. I will be sure to share this with him and the team. Thank you again and we look forward to serving you again should you return to our area.

Monterrey, Mexico
Reviewed 24 July 2014

Previously, I have shied away from Red Roof Inns due to past experiences, but the price and the trip advisor reviews made me take a chance. We were impressed with the cleanliness, the grounds, the friendly staff, the quiet rooms, the water pressure and tv choices as well. The airport shuttle was timely and appreciated. The only bad side was the internet was not fast and kicked us off several times. This was a big deal to us, as we use it to stay in touch with international family. I would recommend it to anyone who doesn't need fast internet.

Room Tip: Get a room upstairs with inside doors.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Darlene S, General Manager at Red Roof Inn San Antonio - Airport, responded to this review, 25 July 2014
Thank you for giving our brand another chance and writing about your experience. We are all very pleased that you were happy with you accommodation's. It is our goal for all of our guest to get a great room for a great price and pleased we were able to do that for you. I do want to apologize for the slow Wi-Fi service and would like to reassure you we are working diligently with our carrier to improve this service. Thank you again and we look forward to serving you again should your travels return you to our beautiful city.

Hudson, New Hampshire
Reviewed 20 July 2014

A decent affordable place if your just looking for a place to sleep and shower. The rooms were big, and very clean. The front desk and housekeeping staff was all nice. The location close to major highways. It was very quiet and I was able to get much needed rest when I came in every night. I was sad there were no coin op. laundry machines or laundry service though. It was really hard finding a laundry nearby.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank boombalu
Darlene S, General Manager at Red Roof Inn San Antonio - Airport, responded to this review, 22 July 2014
Thank you for posting a review about your accommodations with our property here in the beautiful San Antonio. I am very happy to hear that you liked our location which is convenient to shopping and restaurants including the airport. I do however apologize for not having laundry facilities available for you. We do have several near our hotel and apologize that you were not informed of them. Thank you again and we look forward to serving you again in the near future.

Alamo, TX
Reviewed 17 July 2014

Parked our car here for 10 days @ 4.99 a day plus tax. Manager, Darlene, shuttled us to airport. Instructed on return to call to see if shuttle available if not we were to take taxi & hotel would reimburse fare. We had to take taxi 7/12/14 about 9:30 pm. Driver put address into GPS & ignored it & me. He also cut off 2 peolle when changing lanes. Got to hotel, I went in to check in and told Aldo how bad taxi driver was. Aldo asked amount of fare and went out to confront taxi driver. Aldo knew fare should have been $12.50 and driver took long route and we were charged over $21.00. Aldo got the driver to refund overage. Got checked into our room had a good night's rest before heading home. Hotel not fancy but clean, very comfortable bed, low noise level and staff was very pleasant and helpful. Thanks especially to Darlene & Aldo.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank DonnaJo6
Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience with our hotel and team. I am so sorry that you had such a bad experience with our local cab company and very happy to hear that Aldo came to the rescue. I will be sure to show him this review. I am pleased to hear that you liked your accommodation's and were able to get a good nights sleep. Thank you again and we look forward to serving you again should you return to your area.

Fayetteville, North Carolina
Reviewed 14 July 2014

I was there for 2 days - I don't know the area so when they said they were close to the North Star I was thinking down the street. But no. I did not have a car so I walked but could not get my bearings and the maids and workers spoke very little english. So I took off walking got so dehydrated had to go back to the hotel. Set out later and went the other way found the mall and walmart. It was close about a mile. No Ice machine on the floor I was on so I had to go down stairs to get ice. Very quiet. Negative: Lady at the desk said it was for business travel so they did not have a pool.. It should not matter everybody should be comfortable there. Internet was slower than Moses in todays' time. No shuttle even though it states it has one. However they did pay for the taxi ride to and the hotel. So I won't complain about that. You just need to know - call and let them know that you expect a ride.

Room Tip: Any of the rooms are good. The rooms appear to be sound proof
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Patricia C
Darlene S, General Manager at Red Roof Inn San Antonio - Airport, responded to this review, 15 July 2014
Thank you for writing a review about your experience at our hotel here in the beautiful Alamo City. Our location is one mile from the Airport and glad that you found it fit your needs. We are also a mile away from the North Star Mall, numerous restaurant's and Wal-Mart. Although they are close the streets veer off in strange directions and can be a little confusing. I am also sorry that we do not have a pool as it is summer and we all would love to take a refreshing dip into some cool water. The Wi-Fi has been a hit or miss which is absolutely unacceptable and I thank you for including it into your review as I will forward to our carrier. Thank you again and we look forward to serving you again in the future.

Darlene S