I have written over 150 reviews on Trip Advisor; I hope you find my review helpful.
First, do NOT trust your I-phone's navigation to get you here...it thinks this hotel is across the highway.
To be honest, I am a regular Marriott customer, but chose this hotel trying to save a few bucks. There's a reason for the expression: "You get what you pay for..."
I pre-paid for 2 rooms on Hotwire.com for about $72 a night. I was traveling with my wife and 3 children. Upon arrival, I asked if one of my rooms could have a king-sized bed. I was told they were sold out of king rooms but they had a "king executive" available for a $40 upcharge per night. However, on their own website, the difference in price is $20. I think this is an unacceptable practice. The difference in price should be consistent with that is advertised.
The people working the front desk are not hospitable...I am not sure why they are in the hospitality industry. Nobody ever smiled nor greeted us on any occasion.
The beds were hard and uncomfortable.
The TVs have a weird programming, for example, CNN is "35.0". But if you just press in "35" you will get "35.1" which is an "infomercial channel". Took us several attempts to get CNN...just not intuitive.
The Coffee was watery.
The breakfast was ok...with sausages and eggs among the hot food available.
There is no local newspaper available...if you are here on the weekend, you are stuck with an old USA Today edition.
The bathroom fixtures are dated and the water pressure is poor.
Overall, since nobody at the front desk was nice or smiled, I wouldn't return just for that. Add in the fact their inconsistent policy on up-charges, I would never reward this hotel or its chain again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites San Antonio Airport North offers 67 hotel Rooms and Suites, all equipped with refrigerator, microwave, coffee maker, iron and ironing board, hairdryer, work desk, 2 phones, one is a speaker phone. The hotel is just 5 miles from the airport and minutes from all of San Antonio's attractions. There is also complimentary high speed Internet access in all of the rooms and suites. Suites are equipped with all of the above, plus sleeper sofa. Upgraded suites with whirlpools are available. Included in the price of the room is a continental breakfast, consisting of cinnamon rolls, biscuits & sausage gravy, pastries, cereal, bagels, breads, fruit, yogurt, juices, teas, and coffee. On property we have: a 24-hour gift shop and convenience store; a 24-hour business center complete with fax, copier, PC, printer, and high speed Internet access; exercise facilities and sauna; heated outdoor pool and hot tub; guest laundry facilities; and complimentary airport shuttle. We are equidistant from both the downtown attractions (like the Riverwalk and the Alamo), and the two major theme parks (Sea World and Six Flags Fiesta Texas). We are only minutes from world class golf and shopping, as well as a variety of restaurants, movie theaters, and other leisure activities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, IHG, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Holiday Inn Express San Antonio Airport North reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express San Antonio Airport North Hotel San Antonio
- Holiday Inn San Antonio
- San Antonio Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Express San Antonio Airport North Texas