“Excellant Place to Stay for Long Term”

Staybridge Suites San Antonio - Airport
Ranked #97 of 354 Hotels in San Antonio
San Antonio, Texas
“Excellant Place to Stay for Long Term”
Reviewed 14 March 2014

I had the opportunity to stay at the Staybridge by the San Antonio Airport from August through October. It became our home for the 3 months that we were there. Not only was a Kitchen and Living Room available, but a bedroom that you could close off to have that at home feeling. The staff during this time were awesome. Always willing to accommodate the needs. Overall the food was better then most places that I stayed out. However they could have had a different variety everyone once in a while. Friendly place with evening social hours were people got together. Deborah, the Sales Manager was awesome in helping with all my reservation needs and making it feel like home. Thanks for all you did.

Room Tip: Ask for room with separate bedroom They have King and Queen and each one is great. But if you wa...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Staybridge104, General Manager at Staybridge Suites San Antonio - Airport, responded to this review, 18 March 2014
Dave,
Thank you so much for being part of our family during your extended stay, I am happy to hear you felt comfortable here and we want you to know that you always have a home in San Antonio; right here with us at the Staybridge Suites San Antonio Airport!

Best Wishes!
General Manager, Staybridge Suites

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Edgewood, New Mexico
Reviewed 7 February 2014

This was my first time to try the Staybridge Suites San Antonio Airport, but I don’t think it will be my last.

The hotel sits back from the road, so I was glad I had my GPS when driving in rush hour traffic. But, the location was excellent, especially because there were several restaurants (Pappadeux, Texas Land & Cattle Steakhouse) within walking distance. The parking lot was gated and free.

My one-bedroom king suite was typical Staybridge, and was clean, spacious, and quiet. In fact, I was surprised at how quiet it was given the proximity to the highway and the airport. I slept very well. I usually sleep well at Staybridge once I find a place to stash that huge, heavy, cumbersome comforter that is always on the bed. I view Staybridge comforters the same way I view those awful omelets at Holiday Inn Express… just ignore 'em and it will be a good stay. ;-)

The hotel itself was designed differently than other Staybridge Suites. This one didn’t have the multiple winding hallways that require a map. It was more like a traditional hotel with long hallways and an elevator at each end. I kind of liked the simplicity.

I was there during the week so I was able to enjoy the very nice social hour and met the pleasant assistant general manager. The breakfast was typical, but very good and well-tended.

Over all I was pleased with this property, and can definitely recommend it.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Staybridge104, General Manager at Staybridge Suites San Antonio - Airport, responded to this review, 10 February 2014
AnotherNiteOnTheRoad,
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel! We are pleased you tried us out and couldn’t be happier to hear that you will come back!

Have a great week!

San Antonio Airport
Reviewed 4 January 2014 via mobile

I just stayed at this hotel last night, I was struggling on my decision on what hotel would be better for me and my family, since we were traveling for about a week in Mexico and we were going back to El Paso Texas. So we needed a safe place to leave our luggage in the truck without feeling insecure about it. I heard before that in some areas in San Antonio the security it's a problem for travelers like, in some hotels guests were robed in the parkings of some hotels. So I chose this one for the location. That was my main concern since I didn't want to take off my all my luggage from the truck to stay just two days. Obviously it was very safe besides very nice rooms, I heard it was just remodeled in let me tell you that the quality was great inside and out of the rooms. The breakfast was good, no so much variety but they keep it very full of food all the time, for me was great! Definitely next time in San Antonio I won't have to think twice I'll just choose this one!

Stayed January 2014
Drocatvio,

Thank you so much for being our guest. We are glad to hear your stay was enjoyable and your belongings well taken care of. We truly hope to see you in the near future!

Best Wishes!
Austin, Texas
Reviewed 24 November 2013

It's a decent hotel with only a few annoyances. This is really a 3.5 star review.

What I liked:

It's recently built and immaculate. The rooms are huge, obviously, and they all have balconies. I was on the 9th floor, so I could see all of north San Antonio. I was impressed by the 5 outlets by the nightstand. And the staff were nice. All in all, a comfortable 4 night stay.

What I didn't like:

Housekeeping didn't prepare my room thoroughly prior to check in. There was no remote control in room, no laundry bag, and a long black hair in the bathtub. Don't they have like a checklist or something when readying the rooms for a new guest?

Like some other reviews note, the parking situation is not ideal. It's just the way the property is laid out and there's not much that can be done. But what can be changed is the stupid security gates. Why do you have to insert your room key upon exit? That was extremely annoying. Plus, there's a room key drop box next to the exit key card insert that will hit your side mirror if you don't watch out. Get a regular sliding gate that opens automatically upon exit. It really is ridiculous.

The fitness room could have been bigger and better equipped considering the size of the hotel and the military people who stay. There are 2 treadmills, 2 elliptical, and 2 bikes. No cardio theaters on any of them and the equipment is bottom of the line stuff. 3 of the 4 times I used the fitness room, it was almost at capacity. And the towels weren't replenished as they should have been. Further, the laundry room is connected, so people are constantly coming in and out.

I might consider staying here again for business, but there are so many other choices in SA.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Meredith R
Staybridge104, General Manager at Staybridge Suites San Antonio - Airport, responded to this review, 25 November 2013
Meredith,
Thank you for your feedback regarding our hotel and your recent stay. We will surely use this information to evaluate our product and services to ensure we are consistently providing the best stay possible. Please feel free to contact us directly should you have any additional information you would like to share.

Thanks again and Happy Holidays!
Burkburnett, Texas
Reviewed 9 November 2013

This is now my motel choice for San Antonio. This was our second night in San Antonio and this motel far surpassed our first motel for the same price. The front desk was exceptionally inviting. The suite was clean, quiet and the kitchenette was stocked for use. The breakfast was wonderful! I can't wait to go back this summer to enjoy the pool!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Hollyismyangel
Staybridge104, General Manager at Staybridge Suites San Antonio - Airport, responded to this review, 10 November 2013
Thank you so much for your kind words; we are truly grateful to have had the pleasure of hosting you and we look forward to seeing you in the summer! Have a wonderful holiday season!

Knoxville, Tennessee
Reviewed 18 October 2013

This is my hotel when I am flying in or out of San Antonio. It is in a great location very close to the rental car pickup/return. The rooms are always very clean, air conditioning works great, and for the most part it is quiet. Staff is professional and helpful.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank gogreen101
Staybridge104, General Manager at Staybridge Suites San Antonio - Airport, responded to this review, 9 November 2013
Thank you so much for making us your choice when flying in and out of San Antonio! I hope you will always be your first choice!

Thanks again!
Glen Allen, Virginia
Reviewed 14 October 2013

As I was in San Antonio to service military accounts I thought this would be a great location, more or less equidistant to the 3 bases I was visiting. Another plus was that it was a mile to the airport and car return so very convenient to be so close (especially at 5am). I stay in many Staybridge Suites locations and this one was excellent, from checking in and being upgraded to a suite plus the Tuesday through Thursday evening "Sundowner Reception" was very good.The staff was very friendly and accommodating. My suite was very comfortable and they had all the TV channels I look for..so my stay was very pleasant. I will definitely book this location again when I go back. Lastly, there are plenty of nearby eateries and shopping not far away if you decide not to stay in and use the full kitchen..a definite thumbs up from me!

Room Tip: Watch out for traffic patterns getting off I-410 to the 410 Loop..even if you sail past it you can g...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
JimC,
Thank you for the kind review! We truly hope you will keep us in mind should your travels bring you back to San Antonio, as you always have a home here with us at the Staybridge Suites San Antonio Airport.

Best Wishes,