“Worst service ever”

Mexico City, Mexico
“Worst service ever”
Reviewed 15 November 2012 via mobile

Worst experience ever.
Service was terrible. Only one person working at the front lobby. Took us 40 minutes to get a room
The air conditioning was not working and the bath tub was not draining the water. They said it was clotted with whatever stuff I rather don't see.
Still after they worked on the tub the water won't go.
Breakfast was like a one star hotel breakfast. Worst quality.
At night we asked for room service And they have only one person working there, therefore the dinner took forever to get to our room.

• Stayed November 2012
2 Thank Dramercedesg
Alex P, General Manager at Hilton San Antonio Hill Country Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 20 November 2012
Thank you for your review on tripadvisor. The feedback you provide is very important to the continued improvement of our property. From your profile I can see that you are well traveled and come to expect only the best. We strive to offer the very best service as well; unfortunately this did not happen for you. I do apologize for not meeting your expectations and we will work towards continued improvement.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (200)
Texas
Reviewed 11 November 2012

We stayed at the Hilton SA Hill Country Hotel last week and after reading some of the hotel reviews, I was hesitant. My fears were put to rest very quickly....simply put, this place is beautiful. Our room was clean, the breakfast was great and the hotel staff was very friendly and helpful. I think my favorite part of the hotel was the courtyard just outside of the lobby. There is a fire pit and it was a very nice place to relax in the evening.

Since it was the off season, our rate was incredible (around $100.00)...I'm sure this is a very popular destination for those wanting to stay near Sea World.

Overall, this was a great stay and I would not hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank mullii4
Thank you so much for your review on tripadvisor. Many guests take the time to share their point of view and we certainly appreciate all feedback. We don’t look at reviews as being good or bad, but more as an opportunity to improve, wherever we can. We understand each review is subjective but our goal is always to provide the very best experience. I am so pleased you enjoyed your stay and hope you will visit us again!

Sincerely
Oklahoma
Reviewed 9 November 2012

I picked this property for the excellent rate & location. It is very close to Sea World so on the weekends and during the summer it is packed with kids I am told. But during the off season, they have low weekday rates and cater to small conferences and business meetings. They have what you would expect from Hilton with a full bar and dining options and nice amenities and fitness facilities. I had a quesadilla at the bar it was decent. I was upgraded to a suite that had both a jacuzzi tub and shower. I walked the grounds in the morning it had very fun pools and outdoor recreation areas. It also appears they have a full spa, etc. The draw for families is that have fire pits so you can swing by the front desk and get a smores kit for a little outdoor dessert. Bottom line - a Hilton that caters to families on the weekends and summers.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 7 November 2012 via mobile

It took me 8 hours of rescheduling multiple flights and connecting flight in the airport when it should have been a simple 3-hour trip. I finally arrived to my Hilton destination and was greeted by Jesse Cruz at the service desk. He inquired about my trip and truly cared that I had a nice visit at the Hilton.

Very friendly staff for the gift shop, maintenance, restaurant, and housekeeping. Everyone greets you with a smile and a courteous "hello." you have to just love the southern hospitality.

The room is perfect for this weary traveler!!

• Stayed November 2012
Reviewed 6 November 2012

I was dead tired when I arrived at the hotel. Jesse Cruz was more than accommodating. He informed me of the iminities of the hotel that were important to me. I appreciated the initial personal touch. I like that the hotel has a spa. Also, it features jacuzzi type bath tubs in the room.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled solo
Port Aransas, Texas
Reviewed 4 November 2012

Beautiful lobby and pool area. Very close to Sea World. Ample parking. My first assigned room was on the "garden level" and I had to walk past the laundry workroom to get to my room, which had a sliding glass door adjacent to the parking lot. I asked for a different room and they kindly obliged. Front desk staff were very polite and professional. John the bellman was very efficient and professional as well.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 23 October 2012

Loved the proximity to seaworld and also the fact that they had a large pool area that was suitable for the whole family including our two year old. There is also a small outdoor park/play area as well.

The rooms are well appointed and what you would expect from a Hilton Hotel. We got room service one evening and it arrived quickly, hot and it was quite tasty.

Stayed September 2012, travelled with family