“Great Hotel & Great Service!”

Hilton San Antonio Hill Country Hotel & Spa
Ranked #70 of 354 Hotels in San Antonio
Phoenix, Arizona
“Great Hotel & Great Service!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 November 2012

I stayed at this hotel last week. Not exactly a resort but I wasn't looking for that. I stayed at Hyatt Resort durig summer (really nice hotel!) but it cost much more and for the price I will stay at Hilton again. It was pretty busy and an interesting mix of Kids and Suits, neither was a bother. I was able to relax by the pool, pretty warm, they may want to cool it down just a bit. It would have been nice to have someone come around and serve drinks but instead i jsut got up and went to the bar, no big deal. The room was clean and the restaurant service was really good. Breakfast buffet was croweded but the servers were pleasent and the food plentiful. Not exactly Cracker Barrel but it's a hotel so not much I can say about that. I did get fresh OJ and an Omellett made to order, so that was pretty nice. All in all an excellent stay. Oh, front desk really did a great job in getting me into a nice room when I had a double reserved but wanted a king room. I had a corner overlooking the courtyard. We were moved to a Suite (our request) for our last night and regret not having booked it in the first place. The nice thing is that the front desk didn't charge us extra for this on our last night but I think it would have been $30 more or something like that. Given the price of the room was pretttly low its not a bad deal to do the suite.

Room Tip: Splurge and get the Suite.
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank John H
Alex P, General Manager at Hilton San Antonio Hill Country Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 4 January 2013
Thank you very much for your review on TripAdvisor. I appreciate your kind comments regarding our staff here at the Hilton Hill Country. I'm happy to hear you were able to thoroughly enjoy yourself during your stay and take full advantage of many of the amenities we offer. I hope you'll visit us again soon!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (200)
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 November 2012

I had the pleasure of staying a couple nights when I came into town to visit my family since I have moved a few hours away recently. I love the fact they have the fire pits outside and can make smores. Makes for good family time. Everyone that works there is very friendly. You don't walk by someone without them saying hello and good morning or good evening. Very inviting if you ask me. I really had a good experience with the Night person Chrissy I think was her name. She went out of her way to make sure my kids got to do the smores even though they had turned off the fire pits. She had someone turn it back on for us. Good customer service is hard to come by now a days and that is one thing you dont have to worry about here. I guess everyone has there own experiences, but mine is nothing but positive.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Kim E
Alex P, General Manager at Hilton San Antonio Hill Country Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 20 November 2012
Thank you so much for your review on tripadvisor. The comments regarding our staff are always great to read and I am happy that they made an impression on you. It was wonderful that you pointed out Krissy!

Mexico City, Mexico
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 November 2012 via mobile

Worst experience ever.
Service was terrible. Only one person working at the front lobby. Took us 40 minutes to get a room
The air conditioning was not working and the bath tub was not draining the water. They said it was clotted with whatever stuff I rather don't see.
Still after they worked on the tub the water won't go.
Breakfast was like a one star hotel breakfast. Worst quality.
At night we asked for room service And they have only one person working there, therefore the dinner took forever to get to our room.

• Stayed November 2012
2 Thank Dramercedesg
Thank you for your review on tripadvisor. The feedback you provide is very important to the continued improvement of our property. From your profile I can see that you are well traveled and come to expect only the best. We strive to offer the very best service as well; unfortunately this did not happen for you. I do apologize for not meeting your expectations and we will work towards continued improvement.

Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 November 2012

We stayed at the Hilton SA Hill Country Hotel last week and after reading some of the hotel reviews, I was hesitant. My fears were put to rest very quickly....simply put, this place is beautiful. Our room was clean, the breakfast was great and the hotel staff was very friendly and helpful. I think my favorite part of the hotel was the courtyard just outside of the lobby. There is a fire pit and it was a very nice place to relax in the evening.

Since it was the off season, our rate was incredible (around $100.00)...I'm sure this is a very popular destination for those wanting to stay near Sea World.

Overall, this was a great stay and I would not hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank mullii4
Thank you so much for your review on tripadvisor. Many guests take the time to share their point of view and we certainly appreciate all feedback. We don’t look at reviews as being good or bad, but more as an opportunity to improve, wherever we can. We understand each review is subjective but our goal is always to provide the very best experience. I am so pleased you enjoyed your stay and hope you will visit us again!

Sincerely
Oklahoma
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 November 2012

I picked this property for the excellent rate & location. It is very close to Sea World so on the weekends and during the summer it is packed with kids I am told. But during the off season, they have low weekday rates and cater to small conferences and business meetings. They have what you would expect from Hilton with a full bar and dining options and nice amenities and fitness facilities. I had a quesadilla at the bar it was decent. I was upgraded to a suite that had both a jacuzzi tub and shower. I walked the grounds in the morning it had very fun pools and outdoor recreation areas. It also appears they have a full spa, etc. The draw for families is that have fire pits so you can swing by the front desk and get a smores kit for a little outdoor dessert. Bottom line - a Hilton that caters to families on the weekends and summers.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 November 2012 via mobile

It took me 8 hours of rescheduling multiple flights and connecting flight in the airport when it should have been a simple 3-hour trip. I finally arrived to my Hilton destination and was greeted by Jesse Cruz at the service desk. He inquired about my trip and truly cared that I had a nice visit at the Hilton.

Very friendly staff for the gift shop, maintenance, restaurant, and housekeeping. Everyone greets you with a smile and a courteous "hello." you have to just love the southern hospitality.

The room is perfect for this weary traveler!!

• Stayed November 2012
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 November 2012

I was dead tired when I arrived at the hotel. Jesse Cruz was more than accommodating. He informed me of the iminities of the hotel that were important to me. I appreciated the initial personal touch. I like that the hotel has a spa. Also, it features jacuzzi type bath tubs in the room.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled solo