“Krissy”

Hilton San Antonio Hill Country Hotel
Ranked #81 of 357 Hotels in San Antonio
Reviewed 11 December 2012

I would like to personally thank Krissy for her help, hospitality and constant smile during my extended stay at this hotel. This is my third extended stay here and she is always goes out of her way to ensure that my stay is one of the best possible.
I travel frequently for my company and I request that I stay at the Hill Country Hotel & Spa when travelling to San Antonio.
I look forward to returning to this fine facility as I am always treated like family.
Thanks Krissy for always going out of the way and bringing a smile to my face.

Respectfully
Nick Nevels

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business
Alex P, General Manager at Hilton San Antonio Hill Country Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 January 2013

Thank you for your recent review on TripAdvisor. I did see your kind comments regarding the Hilton Hill Country Hotel and Spa being your hotel of choice when traveling to San Antonio and I appreciate you being our loyal guest! Also thank you for your personal recognition of Krissy! We look forward to your next stay here with our Hilton Family!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,653)

Reviewed 6 December 2012

From hotel reservation till arrival, the hotel's staff were no less than the friendliest and most customer oriented people in the business. Specifically, the check-in was as expeditious which was a grand experience when coming in from a long travel-day. Excellent room service each day and most impressive feature is the SMILING face of (KRISSY) who greets us every morning when we start a new day at four thirty in the morning. Thank you Krissy and Hilton San Antonio Hill Country!

Room Tip: For Business trip, their suites were spacious and relaxing for extra work accomplished in the room.
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business

Thank you for your review of TripAdvisor! We strive to provide excellent guest service and to exceed the expectations of all our guest. I'm very pleased to hear we were able to accomplish this during your recent stay! We'll look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed 2 December 2012

Had trouble with a discount site while booking our room at the Hilton but it didn't matter because not only did Krissy at the front desk give us a better rate than we found online but she also upgraded us to an amazing suite! Krissy knew we were here for my girlfiend's birthday and comped us breakfast for our entire stay! Best place I have stayed in years and the service Krissy gave was outstanding.

• Stayed: December 2012

Glad to hear your girlfriend's birthday stay was a success! Thank you for your personal recognition of Krissy! We hope to see y'all again soon!

Reviewed 2 December 2012

Came to San Antonio to visit SeaWorld and wanted to stay close to the park. Decided to stay at the Hilton and so glad we did! Krissy at the front desk was amazing! Room and grounds were incredible. Will stay again!

• Stayed: December 2012

Thank you very much for your review and personal regonition of Krissy on TripAdvisor! We love to hear that we are doing a great job! We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 30 November 2012

We have been coming to this hotel for a few years now for our trips to Sea World. We enjoy the clean white crisp beds, cozy feel in the common areas and fire pits for making smores at night in the area near the pools.

However, during this last visit, we were disappointed that our room didn't get serviced! We checked in after 10PM. Went to Sea World the next morning. Came back to our room untouched. We had left our room about 11AM. It was after 9PM so we just called to get some towels.

While taking a shower, I noticed the water wasn't draining very well. I was disgusted to see the drain plugged with other people's hair.

In the morning, I came down to report these two issues to the manager. She was friendly, but her attitude was more - oh that shouldn't have happened and there should have been enough time for the staff to get to your room for cleaning - not much of an apology.

Regarding the shuttle service, we waited for a shuttle about 15 minutes in the designated waiting area to go to Sea World. Decided to go check at the front desk. They said during off peak season, we need to tell them. I can understand that, but it would have been nice to have a sign saying that by the waiting area. The bell service people handle the shuttle, and there was only one guy. So he was running back and forth with luggage and fitting shuttle runs in between.

Previous stays, I would have given 4 stars. Because we were fairly happy with our previous stays, I'm giving 3 stars instead of 2. For a Hilton and a hotel that is suppose to be a Spa hotel, it really is just okay.

Room Tip: Shuttle to Sea World is convenient. Saves you money on parking, and you get dropped off and picked...
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
4  Thank hkhhouston

Thank you for your review on TripAdvisor. I am happy to hear that the Hilton Hill Country has become your hotel of choice when taking trips to Sea World with the kids. However I regret to hear that your most recent stay was not up to par with your previous stays. Your feedback is invaluable to our continued success, and I will be personally looking into the issues you listed. I greatly appreciate you and your family being our loyal guests, and hope to see you all again soon.

Alex P.

Reviewed 28 November 2012

Let me tell you about this stay. It was wonderful! Picked this one cause its on a little bit more quiter side of San Antonio. Got here at a little after 12Noon. Took about 40 min to check in,Why? Well the person in front of me couldnt verify his reservation and didnt have his confirmation page handy. BUT when it came my time to check in, it was fast,friendly and surprised to get my room that early. My room had a king size bed,32"tv, nice alarm clock, and a somewhat spacious bathroom, with a lighted vanity mirror (dont see those much anymore). Staff was friendly. Hotel does have a nice pool and spa, a very nice exercise room. Did have the buffet breakfast which was pretty good, and had anice assortment of food. There was a convention going on there but still had lots of room to get around for everyone. I would definitely stay here again!

Room Tip: My room was on the 3rd floor. Very quiet and very little light from the hallway at night.
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank cds72

I'm very pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay here with our Hilton Family. I'd like to thank you for your kind comments regarding the staff here at the Hilton Hill Country. We strive to provide top notch guest service, and I'm happy to hear we were able to provide that for you. I also appreciate your remarks on the quality of our guest rooms, as well as the amenities offered. We'll hope to see you again the next time you are in San Antonio!

Reviewed 26 November 2012

I stayed at this hotel last week. Not exactly a resort but I wasn't looking for that. I stayed at Hyatt Resort durig summer (really nice hotel!) but it cost much more and for the price I will stay at Hilton again. It was pretty busy and an interesting mix of Kids and Suits, neither was a bother. I was able to relax by the pool, pretty warm, they may want to cool it down just a bit. It would have been nice to have someone come around and serve drinks but instead i jsut got up and went to the bar, no big deal. The room was clean and the restaurant service was really good. Breakfast buffet was croweded but the servers were pleasent and the food plentiful. Not exactly Cracker Barrel but it's a hotel so not much I can say about that. I did get fresh OJ and an Omellett made to order, so that was pretty nice. All in all an excellent stay. Oh, front desk really did a great job in getting me into a nice room when I had a double reserved but wanted a king room. I had a corner overlooking the courtyard. We were moved to a Suite (our request) for our last night and regret not having booked it in the first place. The nice thing is that the front desk didn't charge us extra for this on our last night but I think it would have been $30 more or something like that. Given the price of the room was pretttly low its not a bad deal to do the suite.

Room Tip: Splurge and get the Suite.
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank John H

Thank you very much for your review on TripAdvisor. I appreciate your kind comments regarding our staff here at the Hilton Hill Country. I'm happy to hear you were able to thoroughly enjoy yourself during your stay and take full advantage of many of the amenities we offer. I hope you'll visit us again soon!