Hilton San Antonio Hill Country Hotel
Ranked #81 of 357 Hotels in San Antonio
Reviewed 8 October 2013

My family stayed 2 days at this nice hotel rooms were clean and the maids were friendly not compared to the front desk and restaurant staff they seemed like they did not care about their jobs, we arrived friday the bell man did not asked us if we needed help, not even a smile or or a welcome . Our room was nice with a great view and very comfortable the transportation to sea world was very convenience that is the reason we booked at the Hilton.
the room looked like it was all run down needs a renovation really bad, faucets are rusted and the tiles on the floor are broken or have holes , the ceiling of the bathroom was not painted and it looked like someone try to repair it .A/C worked at times, we called the reception to report it but no one came to look at the problem , it was nice outside and we just opened the window. Overall price was good the breakfast was good other than having to wait for 45 minutes for someone to give us drinks....our kids had a blast........

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Alex P, General Manager at Hilton San Antonio Hill Country Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 October 2013

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review. I appreciated that you mentioned the clean rooms and the nice room attendants. While I understand that you did have some service issues, I hope you will understand that we strive towards correcting a all issues. Typically, we respond immediately to any guest issues, while our guests are in the hotel. I see this was not the case for you and we will address the issue. Thank you for being our guest and please contact me when you are ready to give us another try.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,654)

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 8 October 2013

Our church had our women's retreat at this hotel in which we had 125 participants. The service and food were outstanding and the hotel staff was friendly, welcoming, and made the stay all the more pleasant. The food and room prices were extremely reasonable. The only less than positive comment I would make is that the prices for the spa services were rather steep; therefore, I do not believe anyone in our group took advantage of it, in spite of the 10% discount we were offered. Although our church is local, it seemed as if we were on vacation out of the area because of the beautiful location of the hotel. I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Thank you very much for the review. I am glad to see that you enjoyed the "STAYCATION". Our property works very well for that. We will be sure to review our Spa Menu and see where we can improve our prices.

Reviewed 4 October 2013

I stayed here last weekend, and had a really nice stay. The check-in experience was great....Jesse was alone at the desk with a small line, but he was super friendly and took care of each guest personally. Our room was nice, and very clean. The hotel was pretty busy, so it definitely appeared to be a bit short-staffed for the volume of guests. The rate for the weekend was very nice, and quite low for this type of hotel. We had breakfast in the morning, and I was very disappointed. There was a lot of staff, but very unattentive. We were greeted and brought drinks, but never told or offered omelets, since a cook was not present. The buffet looks as if it had been raided, but never refilled. We were there was about 30 minutes, and it was not refilled during most of that time, and after the server got our drinks, they never returned. We actually had to flag someone down to get a check. I counted and the restaurant had four servers/bussers, a hostess, and maybe 15 tables, so to be that slow was really disappointing. Not sure if it was a fluke, but unless you get free breakfast, I recommend leaving property for a better experience.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review. Thank you also for mentioning Jesse at the front desk - he is certainly one of our many outstanding agents. I was glad to read that you found the Hotel to be of great value. I do apologize for the issues you had at breakfast. Our Food and Beverage team leaders read each and every single Tripadvisor review. They will be sure to discuss the issues and look for improvement. Thank you for being our guest.

Reviewed 24 September 2013

My stay at the Hilton Hill Country was awesome. It was in a nice little scenic pocket of the city. My view was fantastic! I loved watching the sunset from the balcony. The outdoor movie by the fire pits was a nice family activity. I would definitely recommend this hotel to someone who wanted a room in the city but tucked away from the hustle of the city.

• Stayed: September 2013

Wonderful for you to say so! Thank you very much for the review

Reviewed 24 September 2013

We only stayed at the hotel one night but wished we could stay longer!! We were going to Sea World so the locations was just perfect. Check in was quick and easy. Very friendly and helpful staff. We got upgraded to a suite overlooking the courtyard and swimming pool (thank you Michelle for the upgrade). Room was clean and fresh. Very comfortable bed with great pillows. Swimming pools were clean and warm. I would definitely recommend this hotel to friends and would stay there again.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family

I was glad to read that you enjoyed your stay. It was nice to see you were able to enjoy the pool and other amenities despite staying with us for just the one night. Thank you for being our guest.

Reviewed 22 September 2013

The carpets were filthy, the bathroom despicable, pubic hairs on the floors and in the corners, tile pieces missing in the bathroom, Body Oil coating the bath tub jets, furniture finish chipped and/or marred, latch handle missing on the dresser, furniture dirty, not cleaned or polished, Bathroom doors dirty, Piles of dirty on the tops of the door hinges, and moldings, coffee maker filthy (I had to clean it to make coffee), the windows were filthy, no view except for a dirty roof, you “allow” Dogs” in the rooms (my wife is allergic to pets), etc.etc. Naturally, if you would care to see any of the pictures I have taken regarding the room’s condition, I would be more than happy to share them with you. I did contact the front desk about the conditions being experienced and was informed that you had just finished the busy season, and getting ready to “deep” clean the rooms. What a Joke, a statement such as that is completely unacceptable for “anyone” in the service profession. The rooms should be immaculate “all” of the time regardless of the season. We have traveled the world and have stayed in many hotels, and I can assure you “None” were the condition that we experienced at your property. Perhaps the clientele that normally frequent your property are content with the condition and cleanliness of the rooms, or perhaps that is the acceptable standard in your area, but I assure you, we are not accustom to the appalling conditions that we experienced. We were so displease with the room that I immediately sent a compliant to Hilton Customer service (File# 10955317), and they acknowledged that my complaint had been forwarded to the hotel. As of the date we departed YOUR PROPERTY (September 18th, 2013) we had heard “NOTHING” from property management; no apologies, regarding our displeasure or “any” attempts to correct the problems noted. As a Quality Assurance Manager of an Aerospace company, you can be assured that I am keenly aware of customer service, and the “Bottom Line” is; “with everything equal” the only thing that any of us have to sell is “Service” and unquestionably you and your organization “failed” miserably. I can further assure you that if your House Keeping and Front desk staff were in my organization there “would” be some disciplinary actions, and/or reorganizations implemented immediately. And in closing, I am confident that the standards which were exhibited by your property staff are not those contained within the business model of the Hilton corporation..

2  Thank David E
Alex P, General Manager at Hilton San Antonio Hill Country Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 September 2013

First of all, thank you for taking the time to write a review of your recent experience with us. I apologize to hear that you had an issue with the cleanliness of your guest room. We apologize for the housekeeping problems you experienced. Unclean rooms are not typical at our hotel and we appreciate you bringing this to our attention. We will make every effort to ensure our rooms meet the highest housekeeping standards and that our guests are 100% satisfied with their stay. Thank you for your feedback and we hope you will give us another chance if you visit this area in the future.

Best regards,

Reviewed 21 September 2013

We recently stayed at this hotel and loved it! The staff was so friendly. We picked this hotel to be close to SeaWorld and it was definitely close. We were there within 5 minutes and they picked us up at the end of the day right on schedule. The whole staff was friendly and the rooms were nice. We also enjoyed the resort like pool and breakfast each morning. Thank you to the staff for making my daughter's birthday trip to SeaWorld a memorable experience!

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

I was glad to read that your trip was memorable, and Happy Birthday to your daughter!