“Great hotel”

Ranked #74 of 354 Hotels in San Antonio
Carpentersville, United States
“Great hotel”
Reviewed 22 October 2013

From the moment we arrivied the staff was very helpfull. I arrived with my wife and 2 kids 2yr and 4yrs old. Its was a very nice experience. there is a vehicle that picks us up to for the attractions near like sea world.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Alex P, General Manager at Hilton San Antonio Hill Country Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 23 October 2013
Thank you for your comments regarding our "Great" Hotel and the the nice staff!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (201)
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed 21 October 2013

So I stayed at this Hilton on a saturday for my HONEYMOON. I want to start by saying in no way am I complaining about the cleanliness or quality of the hotel itself. The morning frontdesk woman martha was GREAT. Let me check in early and got me a room with as nice view and a balcony, and it was very much appreicated. Martha confirmed with me what I requested in my reservation which was to have the romance package and to have the bottle of sparkling wine ready for me at 10pm. To my suprise when I recieved at 11:00pm there was not bottle or glasses. I called front desk and spoke with a rude man named james. When i said that I had this requested with my reservation he told me that I had already recieved my "product" at check-in. After double checking my reservation information he came back on the line very apologetic. Again by no means am I comparing all the staff to the one person. Everyone else was very pleasnt and courteous. I would stay there again, but this time I would bring my own bottle.

Room Tip: If you can....Get the bed and breakfast package. The breakfast buffet is great....The bacon was AMAZ...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you for your wonderful comments and I will be sure to see where the confusion was regarding the wine / romance pgk. CONGRATULATIONS ON YOUR MARRIAGE! Please be sure to celebrate your anniversary with us!
Richardson, United States
Reviewed 21 October 2013

Great staff, great accomodations. Pool is heated and perfect for the kids. The movies and smores on Friday, Saturday and Sunday are always a big hit. And the Shuttle to SeaWorld makes life so much easier! Save 20$ per day on parking. This is our 4th Stay at this hotel and we'll go back when we get a chance.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I appreciated that you noticed how our Hotel is so "Family Friendly". I also appreciated reading that you have stayed with us so often. Thank you so much for being our guest!
Austin, United States
Reviewed 16 October 2013

hotel room is nice and spacious. amenities is lacking where half filled shampoo was provided when requested. breakfast line was long. had to wait for a table on the weekend. breakfast does not serve any other coffee (latte, cappucino, mocha), only regular brewed coffee. the hotel does not have a lounge. the check-in staff was very friendly. overall a nice hotel.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review. I appreciated that you mentioned overall it was a nice hotel. We will certainly consider adding an espresso machine in the near future. We will be introducing our new Executive Lounge in early 2014. Thank you for being our guest.
New York City, New York
Reviewed 15 October 2013

I stayed here on a much needed get away and I had such a great time and experience that I didn't want to come back to my hectic real life. The food that I had in the restaurants were enjoyable; I love that I got a waffle in the shape of Texas. Also I found the staff helpful and unlike some of the other reviews on here, they didn't seem nonchalant about their jobs. Quite the opposite, everyone I came across offered to assist me with anything that I may have needed. I also treated myself to a massage and the spa was well maintained and well worth every penny. If I am ever in the San Antonio area I will be staying here again.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 8 October 2013

My family stayed 2 days at this nice hotel rooms were clean and the maids were friendly not compared to the front desk and restaurant staff they seemed like they did not care about their jobs, we arrived friday the bell man did not asked us if we needed help, not even a smile or or a welcome . Our room was nice with a great view and very comfortable the transportation to sea world was very convenience that is the reason we booked at the Hilton.
the room looked like it was all run down needs a renovation really bad, faucets are rusted and the tiles on the floor are broken or have holes , the ceiling of the bathroom was not painted and it looked like someone try to repair it .A/C worked at times, we called the reception to report it but no one came to look at the problem , it was nice outside and we just opened the window. Overall price was good the breakfast was good other than having to wait for 45 minutes for someone to give us drinks....our kids had a blast........

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Alex P, General Manager at Hilton San Antonio Hill Country Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 13 October 2013
Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review. I appreciated that you mentioned the clean rooms and the nice room attendants. While I understand that you did have some service issues, I hope you will understand that we strive towards correcting a all issues. Typically, we respond immediately to any guest issues, while our guests are in the hotel. I see this was not the case for you and we will address the issue. Thank you for being our guest and please contact me when you are ready to give us another try.

Travellers are raving about these San Antonio hotels

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 8 October 2013

Our church had our women's retreat at this hotel in which we had 125 participants. The service and food were outstanding and the hotel staff was friendly, welcoming, and made the stay all the more pleasant. The food and room prices were extremely reasonable. The only less than positive comment I would make is that the prices for the spa services were rather steep; therefore, I do not believe anyone in our group took advantage of it, in spite of the 10% discount we were offered. Although our church is local, it seemed as if we were on vacation out of the area because of the beautiful location of the hotel. I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Thank you very much for the review. I am glad to see that you enjoyed the "STAYCATION". Our property works very well for that. We will be sure to review our Spa Menu and see where we can improve our prices.