“Best In San Antonio”

Hilton San Antonio Hill Country Hotel
Ranked #80 of 358 Hotels in San Antonio
Reviewed 15 January 2014

This hotel is the best I have stayed at. The price is outstanding and the service is incredible. It is only a short drive to downtown and convenient to expressways. Plenty of dining and activities to keep everyone busy. Great for business and family!! No other hotel in San Antonio compares

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business

Reviewed 8 January 2014

Klarice_Barbosa and Jason LLoyd are GREAT employees and they both deserve to be commended! This is a great hotel for business travelers and for people going to Seaworld! It is about 15 minutes from downtown, has free parking, and the pools at this hotel are great!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank John R
Reviewed 7 January 2014

Staff were professional and helpful. Hotel was very clean, had great food, and kids loved the outdoor heat pool and fire pits. We only planned to stay one night, but we had such good service that we decided to stay another. I would recommend anyone staying Hilton San Antonio Hill County Hotel and Spa.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Marcus H
Alex P, General Manager at Hilton San Antonio Hill Country Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 January 2014

Thank you for the review and we appreciate your kind remarks.

Reviewed 6 January 2014

I needed to take a break from my daily hassle of work and life. I stayed at this particular property to the visit family members. I was very happy with the staff. They cater to my needs in a professional and courteous manner. The property was well maintain. The rooms were clean. The beds were so comfortable!!. I will definitely return to this property to unwind and recharge my battery in the near future.

• Stayed: January 2014
1  Thank Tex0045
Reviewed 5 January 2014 via mobile

We travel extensively for work and pleasure, both abroad and state-side, and have had the pleasure of staying in multiple Hilton properties.

Our one-night stay in SAT started w no record of our accompanying pet. Upon checkin, we were presented paperwork that listed pet amenities, of which we never received. The toilet ran, the floors seemed dingy (dark carpet, so I can't measure exact level of cleanliness), the baseboards were filthy, and the worst: ants crawling around the sink in the bathroom. Even our dog was uncomfortable, refusing to sleep on the floor. (She ended up on our travel blanket and in the chair.)

When I did dial the front desk to provide feedback, the attendant on site apologized and said that they would have Terminix come out to spray. She also discounted the room rate and refunded the pet deposit.

Although we appreciate the resolution, we will opt for a different hotel the next time we're in San Antonio.

• Stayed: January 2014

I’m sorry we were not able to provide you with a great experience during your recent stay. Your satisfaction is very important to us and we appreciate your feedback about the guest room. Your comments have helped us to improve our guest experience. We hope you will consider staying with us again.

Reviewed 2 January 2014

This is a beautiful Hotel with very nice staff and a very good Dining facility. This is definatly a family friendly place. The Dining room was great, staff were friendly and pleasant. The Bar was nice and cozy. The Room had items that needed repaired and housekeeping was late cleaning our room when we arrived and missed cleaning it the next day. The room had noise issues from the hall and adjacent rooms, the frige was damaged and the shower leaked badly. Maybe I just had a bad room.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 January 2014

My family and I spent New Year's Eve at this property and were very disappointed. We had our two granddaughters with us (7 and 1 1/2) so we were not expecting to be up too late. Imagine our surprise and disappointment when we began hearing loud dog barking coming from adjoining room. I mention adjoining because there was one of those doors that allows for connecting between the rooms and the dogs barking came through like if it was in our room. This started at 9 PM and continued until well past 1:30 AM. When we reported it to hotel management they called and visited the room (though did not enter) and determined the dog was in there by itself. We were then told that the property was pet friendly and, thus, there would be a special registration form with an emergency number for the guest which they would use to locate the guest to address the problem. Not only was the hotel not able to locate the guest, they confirmed that the guest had not registered as having a dog with them. I understand that this was an unusual problem and asked the inexperienced (my assessment...based on twenty-five years of frequent travel) night manager to escalate to a more senior staff member and suggested the GM. I was told that not only was there no solution to this problem (he told me that they could not enter a room without the guest being present. That may be a “dog in the room” rule that I’ve never heard), but that under no circumstance short of death, fire, or significant maiming was he to contact anybody else and especially not the GM. I don’t know if they ever located the owner. In the morning there was no follow-up call or message to us. I’ll never stay at this hotel again and do not recommend.

Room Tip: Don't stay at this hotel.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank FrequentFrank
Alex P, General Manager at Hilton San Antonio Hill Country Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 January 2014

Thank you very much for your comments. We did have the chance to speak directly and I appreciated your understanding of the matter. This truly was an unusual circumstance that rarely happens at our property. Guests must register pets and when they do not it can cause problems as you described. I am certainly sorry for the disturbance. We will review our policies to see where we can make changes to better handle this sort of situation if it should come up again. Thank you for being our guest.