“Disappointed”

Ranked #83 of 356 Hotels in San Antonio
Houston
“Disappointed”
Reviewed 31 March 2009

Nice Hotel and nice pools. The first room they gave us had a big hole in the carpet and dirty. The second room was better but they failed to tell us the door handle was put on backwards and after another trip back to front desk we finally got in. We were never told about smores, movie in courtyard or indoor kid activities. We tried to eat dinner in the courtyard & they ran out of hot dog buns and the ceasar salad was the worst I've ever had. Customer Service was sub par at best. The best thing about this stay was the breakfast. Unfortunately, we won't stay here again.

• Stayed March 2009, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (204)
Dallas
Reviewed 7 March 2009

I have to admit I had reservations/concerns about this hotel by reading the reviews. When I first drove up to the hotel, it was very nice and elegant. I entered and was further amazed by its inner beauty. While my room was not ready when I arrived, the staff did hold my luggage. After arriving into my room, I was futher impressed. The room as well as the bathroom were awesome. The bed was one of the most comfortable beds I had ever slept in.

There were only a few negatives I could find about this facility. I was there representing a hospital system for an event. We asked for some coffee, and it was brought to us. However, the rim of the container was disgusting. Therefore, we did not drink it. The breakfast was good, but a little pricey. My room was located beside the vending and ice machines. It was extremely noisy hearing the ice go into the metal containers. But, the noise did not last past 10pm.

Overall, I would definitely recommend this hotel to others. It provided a very relaxing and entertaining few days.

Christi-Dallas

• Stayed March 2009, travelled on business
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 10 February 2009

I stayed ther for one night. My room was small but clean and the bathroom was spotless. The BED was so COMFORTABLE!

Although I can't say anything bad about the hotel ... they say it is a resort and spa. Well there wasn't anything that made it look really "Resorty" for "Spa-esque." So if you are looking for a Restort type atmosphere, this would not measure up to your expections, but it certainly was a nice place to stay.

• Stayed February 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank lmmartin
South Jordan, Utah
Reviewed 1 February 2009

Maybe during peak season they have it together, but when we visited in October, the kid's pool wasn't kept clean (leaves and dead bugs everywhere) and the fountains and such had been dismantled. The staff was unhelpful, uninformed, and apathetic. Even when we complained about bedbugs, they offered us a discount on our NEXT stay. Yeah right.

We booked the "Family Package" which was to include a movie, pizza, and marshmallows for roasting. The check-in receptionist had no idea what we were talking about, but eventually found us our coupons. However, when we called down for the pizza, the room service attendant told us that they had never seen such a coupon! Same with getting the marshmallows at the front desk. And upon check-out, we noticed that they charged us for the movie!

We look back on our vacation to San Antonio as a wonderful family memory, but the hotel experience kept it from being perfect.

• Liked — Proximity to Sea World
  • Disliked — Staff
  • Stayed October 2007, travelled with family
1 Thank ForeignBody
Rolla, MO
Reviewed 23 January 2009

we booked a 3 night stay on the net. we were driving from Missouri so we were not arriving until around 3 in the morning, but we emailed ahead to let them know. When we got there at 3, we had been kicked out of the system and our room had been booked. We were given a jr suite for the night (we reserved a suite). but in the morning they had taken care of it and we were ableto switch rooms and stay in the suite we reserved. it was very irratating becase we had thought we were 'safe' with the reservation but it worked out and the Mizzou Tigers won th Bowl Game!!

• Liked — The bathroom
  • Disliked — the front desk at night
  • Stayed December 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Houston, TX
Reviewed 23 December 2008

Note: This property is changing to a Hilton on 1/1/09. I would give this a 4.5 stars, but that is not an option. The lobby area was very nice, and it looked like there was a really nice outdoor seating area. Check in was quick and friendly. The room was very nice with great linens, and one of the most comfortable beds I have ever slept on! We got a first floor room that overlooked an outdoor area. The bathroom finishes were nice with granite counters and nice large tub/shower. We used the fitness center, which had very nice equipment and overlooked the pool.

Negatives: the lobby bar was closed at midnight when got back for the evening. We would have like to have had a nightcap. I could hear the water turned on in the room above us very early in the morning. I think this noise comes from the sinks. Ours was loud too.

Positives: Beautiful lobby, very nice rooms, fitness area in a spa-like environment.

• Liked — Very nice room/accommodations in general. Bathroom was very clean.
  • Disliked — Bar closed at midnight.
  • Stayed December 2008, travelled as a couple
San Angelo, Texas
Reviewed 30 November 2008

My husband had to be at the Radisson for business so my daughter and I went along for the fun of it (school was out for the week of Thanksgiving).

It is a nice place but lacking in service and quality. There were never towels out at the pool -- always had to ask and then wait for them. November weather was nice enough to swim but you need a towel!

They only lit two of the four fire pits until we ask that another be lit -- there was a crowd out there. We didn't see the face painting or crafts other reviewers mentioned. The juice bar at the pool was always closed so we have no idea if it was nice or not.

We had a suite with two TVs. One worked off an on. The hotel engineer that came to check on it said they were installing flat screen tvs on the higher floors. We didn't have those. We did not have a sleep number bed either -- ours was old and awful!

We booked a package that gave us free breakfasts, smores kits, a pizza and a movie. The buffet breakfast was average but not great. After we filled our plates, the fruit tray was emptied and never refilled even though some guy in a chef's hat walked by it three times. The one day the buffet was closed and we ordered off the cart the food was not good at all -- stale sweet rolls and muffins and pancakes so thin and pale that I would not have served them at my house! The pizza was good but ended up being added to our bill. It was removed by the clerk at check out very reluctantly.

We didn't see many workers at all. The bar and restaurant always seemed empty. We never saw anyone that looked like a manager. Overall our experience was very marginal.

We were not there for Sea World but did see a few families that had been there. There was a soccer tournament going on the weekend before Thanksgiving so we were treated to young girls playing soccer in the hallways very late that Saturday night. By midnight they were finally kept quiet. After that bunch left, Sunday and Monday and Tuesday were much better.

My husband is going back to San Antonio this week again for business -- he is staying somewhere else this time.

• Liked — Suite had separate bedroom
  • Disliked — general sense of not many staff on duty and no manager visible over a 5 day stay
  • Stayed November 2008, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)