“felt ripped off”

Ranked #226 of 354 Hotels in San Antonio
Modesto, California
“felt ripped off”
Reviewed 19 April 2014

I thought I got a good deal on expedia but boy, was I wrong!! First off, it was $59 (plus taxes/fees) but only for a king-sized bed room. The deal wouldn't let me change the bed options as my father and I were coming to SA to look at apartments. When I called they said it was an extra $10-$11 to have two full size beds. Total roughly $70.

The place was easy to find as it was near I-10W. There wasn't a direct way to get to the motel but if you go into the Days Inn or the gas station entrance you can get to this motel.

Check-in was pretty smooth. Internet is free and is a decent speed. Beds were decent. Shower water pressure was pretty good and fortunately we had running hot water. Room was a decent size, granted there was only 2 of us,

However when we walked into the room, I noticed holes in the dresser, the microwave was unplugged and the time on the clock was wrong. There were stains on the ironing board. The fridge was NOT working at all so we called the front desk. They sent someone who cleaning it and unplugged and plugged it back in. He swore it was working. "I can hear it," We return a couple of hours later and the inside was still room temperature! I called the front desk and they said they will send someone. That person never came....

They only provide 2 small bars of soap and shampoo. No conditioner or lotion. They have a flat-screen HD TV but the pictures are blurry...I doubt it's the TV itself. Not sure where they are getting their cable.

For breakfast they provided coffee, milk, juices, some white bread, muffins, a few types of pastries and donuts and cereal. There were also small apples. If you have celiac disease, good luck with breakfast!! Breakfast was pretty much what I expected; although I was sad too see they provided no bananas or yogurt. There was nowhere to sit as there were only two tables occupied. Breakfast is between 6:30-9:30 and we went at 8:30.

Around 11 AM there were kids screaming, yelling, running around in their flip flops and laughing about near our door. My dad, who drove about 6 hours that day, got so annoyed he had to scold the kids. The walls are thin. Also you can hear the traffic as it's right near the highway-so loud motorcycles. The window A/C is a bit loud also.

Overall, this place is NOT worth the $70 I paid and I would not stay here again. I felt ripped-off. I think I would pay $50 at most for this place. Glad I'm only staying here for one night!!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Brenda L

San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed 19 December 2013

As a traveling business woman, I have seen my fair share of hotels. So when I tell you this place surprised me believe me. The staff was very kind their family oriented and were always eager to help me with any needs i had. -The room was very clean and decor was updated and classy. The bed was very comfortable with nice clean sheets. There was a nice continental breakfast in the morning which was satisfying. And what's greatfor me was this place was less than ten minutes from downtown. Just a good place to be.

• Stayed November 2013
1 Thank sagemonroe
Las Vegas
Reviewed 25 February 2012

This hotel was a great value. It was great to get a king size bed in an inexpensive hotel. The term "you can't judge a book by it's cover" applies here. When driving around, I didn't like the looks of the upstairs railing and worried what I would find inside. Our room was clean and had newly remodeled granite on the sink counter. The Tub surround was also new, making the shower clean and new. The shower curtain was one of those bent, expanded rods to make the shower roomy. The front desk people, also the owners, were so kind. It was nice to stay in an inexpensive hotel run by hard working, kind people. We travel a lot and look for cheap but clean hotels. We would stay here again.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
albuquerque
Reviewed 2 October 2011

I arrived at the hotel at 8:00 am . I stayed rhere on the 19th of August. On wednesday morning I found over 200 bed bug bites on my body. I took images of the bites. I camped out tues and wednesday20th&21st. This was the only hotel I stayed in that week. This is the first time this has happened to me. I am not looking for a refund or anything like that. It is my duty to report this. I do not want anyone especially children to go through this terrible pain of itching and scrathing to the point of bleeding and scaring.Be careful.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled solo
7 Thank agapitopeteg
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 21 June 2011

This Hotel is the worst Hotel. They have a bad customer service, the owner has an attitude. We had made our reservation with this hotel. When we reached there and preview the room and walk thru in the room, the smell was really bad and stinky. We did not feel to stay there with our children. When we talked to owner he refused to refund our money and said he will charge as a no show. His attitude was really bad. I will not recommend anyone to stay in this hotel, otherwise you are putting your money in to Garbage.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family