Hampton Inn San Antonio Downtown (River Walk)
Ranked #77 of 354 Hotels in San Antonio
Carlsbad, California
“Awful”
Reviewed 12 June 2014

I stayed this weekend. I checked in on Friday and the front desk agent had no clue what she was doing. The only thing she said was yes to her trainer but she had no clue what she was doing. Then Saturday morning I was eating breakfast and overheard the guy next to me had stuff stolen from his room. With the experience I had checking in, I could definitely see the front desk allowing someone into the wrong room. Run far away from this hotel.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Ryanne T

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (84)
CORPUS CHRISTI, United States
Reviewed 11 June 2014

*****Great place to stay,clean,the staff is very friendly,great breakfast buffet. Overall the place to choose. There is not much more I can say, we were only there for one stay and we really enjoyed it. We are planning a family trip with our kids and this is the place we are staying at.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Holly Springs, North Carolina
Reviewed 11 June 2014 via mobile

First of all, my first choice in lodging is Hampton.

The bad: This is the most disappointing Hampton I have ever stayed in. The king sized bed was horrible! I've always thought that Hamptons had the best beds...not true here. Time to upgrade like other properties. The four pillows crashed down like a pancake. We asked for a firm pillow at the front desk and they looked at us like we were crazy. Paying $15 per car per night for parking was ridiculous! Pool was small and bathrooms were tiny. A/C unit never quite cooled the room the way we wanted it.

The good: Location was great! Close to the mall, the RiverWalk, Denny's for a quick bite and the Alamo. Room was very clean and updated...no complaints with our service.

When we return to SA, I believe we will be looking at other properties and doubt we will stay at this Hampton again. However, this one experience at this Hampton will not change my preference in lodging.

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank BigMP44
Reviewed 9 June 2014 via mobile

We arrived in the 4 of June I asked for a refrigerator the said sure,one was not available so they changed my room to one that had a refrigerator and microwave service was great very friendly workers and we had a great time ,everthing was in walking distance and not as pricie great experience love staying at a Hampton

• Stayed June 2014
Montrose, United States
Reviewed 9 June 2014

I choose this hotel for the location, breakfast, and price. It was close enough for me to the convention center, about a three-block walk. The breakfast was well-stocked and offered variety over my stay. And the price was much less than other convention hotels.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

1 Thank Dan W
Norristown, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 6 June 2014

Excellent place to stay. Very close to the River Walk and the Alamo but less expensive than staying right on the river. Big breakfast. Very clean and comfortable. You have to pay for parking but all hotels I checked also charged.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Lynn1110
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 3 June 2014

The room was clean and the bed was very comfortable. Breakfast was served fresh. There was plenty of food and drink to choose from. There were nice coffee and water bars in the lobby. The staff was friendly and helpful.

This was a great location for enjoying the Riverwalk and it was directly across from the Alamo. I would recommend this hotel to a friend.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple