“Great Access to River Walk”

Hampton Inn San Antonio Downtown (River Walk)
Ranked #84 of 358 Hotels in San Antonio
Reviewed 19 July 2014

Friendly staff, Clean Rooms. Great access to Riverwalk and other attractions. The rooms were comfortable and clean. The front desk was accommodating when we needed to check out a day early. Breakfast varied each day. We always found something that we liked.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton
MichelleDT, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn San Antonio Downtown (River Walk), responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2014

Thank you for your review of your visit at our Hampton Inn San Antonio Downtown Hotel. We are so happy to hear that you were more than satisfied with your stay and look forward to your return. I agree the variety of breakfast options each morning is a great value, and certainly a warm welcome when you are on vacation. We hope to see you soon. Sincerely, Michelle Stephan

Reviewed 16 July 2014

We thought we would be on the river walk from the name of the hotel, but it is about three blocks away. Easy to get to and a nice area. Walking distance from everything including the Alamo, The Menger hotel and the river walk. Nice room, nice people at front desk. Our room overlooks the pool and it is a little noisy but that is ok. The children seem to be having a good time. Orange and Lemon aid in lobby but not all that good - cool, but not yummy, but a nice touch. Cookies good.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Runie57

I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us, and will work with the brand on communicating our off-river location. I am happy to hear that everything met your satisfaction, and look forward to your next return. Until then, Michelle Stephan

Reviewed 13 July 2014

The air-conditioning was so loud that I had to turn it off to sleep. Having this during the summer in San Antonio was a disaster. The internet was so bad that even on 2 bars of cell service I was able to get more work done on my mobile... I expected a lot more

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for sharing with me your concerns on the AC and internet service during your stay this month. This summer has been exceptionally hot, and our AC units are working harder than the months before. I am very sorry that you didn't get much rest while you were staying with us, and encourage you to share this with the Front Desk at any hotel. They are the "command central" to any hotel, and can move you or have engineering service or replace an AC unit in a matter of minutes. You will be delighted to know that your comments have been heard, and just this week we have purchased an upgrade to our internet service offering a wider and faster way to enter the internet highway. Please let me know when you return to our hotel, I would welcome the opportunity to thank you for your comments personally. Until then, Michelle Stephan

Reviewed 9 July 2014

The visit to San Antonio was just a get away trip. We arrived and was plesantly surprised on how close we were to everything, (The Riverwalk, the mall) everything was in walking distance. The staff were very professional and courteous. I had called several hotels prior to our visit checking on rates and proximity, each time that I called I was greeted with great customer service. We will be returning and the Hampton Inn is now our home away from home.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Mary W

Thank you for your kind comments about your experience at our hotel. I agree it is customer service that makes our staff stand out among the many hotels in San Antonio. We recognize that we are not the biggest hotel in downtown, but I believe we are among the friendliness. Recently we have added additional staff to our team, to assure that you and many others feel welcome and appreciated. Please contact me personally upon your return to San Antonio, it would be my pleasure to serve you another cup of our very best hospitality. Sincerely, Michelle Stephan

Reviewed 4 July 2014

Overall my stay was very nice and I would not hesitate to stay here again. There are some areas that this hotel needs to improve on, but given the rate and location as compared to other hotels, this is a great option.

The staff are wonderful. Very friendly, helpful, and accommodating. We were always greeted with a smile and friendly brief chit chat. Staff was great about getting me into my room early and storing my luggage after check out on the last day. The breakfast was plentiful with many options. Waffles, eggs, meats, cereals, fruit, etc. Coffee and ice water available at all times throughout the day. Evening cookies were a treat!

The location was nice. Very quick walk to the Riverwalk and a nice mall. Easy stroll to the Alamo. The building across the street gives the appearance that this is a sketchy area, but on closer inspection, the area seemed to be just fine. We walked through much worse during our weekend! We often came back late at night and never encountered questionable situations or people.

The room was smartly decorated. It was plenty spacious enough. The bathroom was a typical size. The AC unit was a bit loud but did cool the room nicely. My biggest complaint of my stay was that the room felt moist or humid, even when very cool. The AC unit just didn't pull out that moisture in the air. I did not like how the carpet felt on my bare feet, so I kept my shoes on. The bed was a bit soft and could use updating. The pillows were very flat and so soft (in a bad way). I think just a little updating would go a long way to making the stay just a bit more comfortable and up to Hampton Inn standards.

Overall, I was pleased and I would certainly stay here again in a future visit.

Reviewed 26 June 2014

While Hampton Inns where I've stayedare generally nice, clean and new, this one was very old and the rooms were very small. Carpets were thread bare, decorations sparse. I could not get comfortable there, not the entire time so we checked out 1 day early.
The breakfast was nice and there was always coffee, tea and lemon ice water. The folks who were staying there looked like they were there for the long-haul, working in the area.
The area was a bit iffy looking, too.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank M F
Reviewed 20 June 2014

i might stay here again only because of location -- was upset with issues that were not resolved at the time I was staying at the hotel.. beds were very comfortable.. loved that i was able to walk to the mall on the river walk as well as to dinner while were we were staying at his hotel.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family