For more than a decade I spent one or two nights away from home for work, mostly in Europe. I had more than enough of business hotels full of suits, who *never* talk to you. Also had enough of high-end hotel staff who see you every week, but don't remember your name.
This is NOTHING like that.
At this small cheap hotel (if I'm honest, just a small step up from a motel) staff are always very friendly and helpful. The other residents are likewise friendly - lots of families visiting loved ones in the Military (there are several large military camps in the area) and also troops in transit. I had more friendly chats in this hotel than in any of the $300-a-night places I used to stay at back in the day.
Downsides: in the middle of nowhere if you don't rent a car
Upsides: room rates include big cooked breakfast and free 3 x beers and snacks each evening
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Drury Inn & Suites San Antonio Northeast features comfortable rooms and many free extras every day, like a hot breakfast every morning and hot food and cold beverages every evening at our 5:30 Kickback(R). It is just a short drive away from the city's biggest attractions including the San Antonio Riverwalk, San Antonio Zoo and Splashtown San Antonio. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, TripOnline SA and getaroom.com so you can book your Drury Inn & Suites San Antonio Northeast reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Drury Inn And Suites San Antonio Northeast
- Drury Inn & Suites San Antonio Northeast Hotel San Antonio
- Drury Inn San Antonio
- Drury San Antonio
- Drury Inn & Suites San Antonio Northeast Texas