“Awesome Stay!”

Ranked #116 of 354 Hotels in San Antonio
Cleburne
“Awesome Stay!”
Reviewed 8 April 2012

We live in the DFW area. My spouse and I, along with our four legged child, traveled down to San Antonio for the weekend. Our experience was awesome! This hotel is very nice. Wonderful and friendly staff! They made us feel right at HOME! Oh my gosh, it was wonderful! The room was extremely clean, the beds were very comfy, and the breakfast and the 5:30 kickback were fabulous! Can't hardly wait for our NEXT visit!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank susan903

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Fort Worth, Texas
Reviewed 18 March 2012

I stayed at this hotel for one night during spring break with 3 other people. I reserved my room in advance for $92.99 plus tax and used a coupon from the facebook website for a free upgrade. I ended up getting a 2 bed suite.The room had two tvs and wifi. Each bed had 2 hard and 2 soft pillows. The hotel has a free breakfast buffet and a 5:30 kickback. The breakfast consisted of: apple juice, orange juice, coffee, milk, cereal, make-it-yourself waffles, oatmeal, yogurt, bagles, powdered douts, muffins, sausage, french toast, biscuits and gravy and scrambled eggs. We ate at the 5:30 kickback. We used this as a "free supper". There was plenty of food to feed us (2 kids and 2 adults). The adults get 3 free alcoholic drinks of their choice, each. The Monday supper buffet consisted of: hotdogs (with the fixings:relish, ketchup, mustard), nachos (beans, meat, cheese, jalapenos, hot sauce), baked potatoes (butter, sour cream), salad and chicken strips (ketchup, ranch). It also came with free soda and popcorn is served in the lobby from 3pm-10 pm. The employees working the buffet asked how our room was. Everyone was very nice.

Cons: The pool is located next door at another hotel.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank advicebylynn
Oklahoma
Reviewed 8 September 2011

Just left this Drury Inn in San Antonio, We were going to stay at the Bestwestern Alamo on this trip, But every time I had a question or a concern the BW was rude. So I called this Drury Inn and spoke with Gail the GM told her what was up, told her I need to accomdate 5 adults and boy did she. ALL THE STAFF THERE ARE WONDERFUL!!! I wish I could remember all there names. The 2 roomsuite was just right. Only wish there was 1 additional bathroom. If you don't mind the train coming thru every 1hr on the 1/2hr. This is the place to stay. Clean, friendly, beer,wine,cocktails from 5:30 - 7:00. Full breakfast.. what else could you ask for. Close to everything.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 31 August 2011

My friend and I needed a hotel close to the airforce base (not Lackland, another one) but we especially needed one "pet friendly" because we were returning my friend's sons dogs to him after his training session. This hotel is fantastic in all ways. The rooms were very nice and the beds were exceptional. We both commented on how we wish we could find pillows just like the ones we had here. They were super comfortable. Both nights we had a very good sleep even with 2 dogs in the room. This hotel does not charge you extra to have your dogs. That was a big plus because most others charged deposits or extra per dog and with 2 of them the cost would have added up.

Probably our most favorite thing about this hotel was not just the pillows and its being "pet friendly" but the food. The breakfast was amazing with lots of selection of both hot and cold foods. Then when we were told that there was food and beverages available from 5-7 we expected just a few appetizers. Boy were we wrong! There were chicken strips, baked potatoes, hotdogs, chips and dip, veggies and dip and even more. On top of that you could have 3 either mixed drinks, beer or wine. Wow, is all I can say about that. All this with very friendly service everywhere. My friend's son loved that you could go get free soft drinks anytime of the day.

We would most definitely stay at this hotel again if we were in the area.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank bigthicket
Illinois
Reviewed 20 August 2011

Three of us stayed August 8 - 10, our rooms were exceptionally clean, and the staff was friendly, effective, and efficient. The free morning breakfast and free evening snack bar provided us two delicious meals each day, which was a great money saver. This location is very convenient to downtown and the northast area - actually, San Antonio has an excellent highway system, so it doesn't take long to travel anywhere in the metro area. Definitely recommend this hotel and will stay here in the future.

Room Tip: Check the Drury website for the best possible rate - better than hotels.com.
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
Henley-on-Thames, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 July 2011

For more than a decade I spent one or two nights away from home for work, mostly in Europe. I had more than enough of business hotels full of suits, who *never* talk to you. Also had enough of high-end hotel staff who see you every week, but don't remember your name.

This is NOTHING like that.

At this small cheap hotel (if I'm honest, just a small step up from a motel) staff are always very friendly and helpful. The other residents are likewise friendly - lots of families visiting loved ones in the Military (there are several large military camps in the area) and also troops in transit. I had more friendly chats in this hotel than in any of the $300-a-night places I used to stay at back in the day.

Downsides: in the middle of nowhere if you don't rent a car
Upsides: room rates include big cooked breakfast and free 3 x beers and snacks each evening

Room Tip: Lifts are slow, so I would suggest a 2nd floor room (to escape the noise) and then take the stairs...
  • Stayed September 2010, travelled on business
Fort Bliss,TX
Reviewed 23 July 2011

We checked in on Tuesday the young lady at the front desk was very nice and she explained everything to me as far the pool and the kickback and the free drinks! When we got to my suite it was very nice and clean. The kickback was pretty good and the young lady serving the food and drinks was so friendly,loved it!!!The best part of this stay was when i made my reservation i forgot to tell the lady that i have a dog,so i went back to the desk to let them know and i pullled out my card expecting to pay a pet fee but she said there was no fee.So I was supprised and relieved that a hotel that looks this nice and offers so many extras would not charge a pet fee,I love the Drury Inn!!!!

Room Tip: Call the toll free number and ask about the specials such as EZ Saver
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled with family